Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! (1646 Views)

9 Richest Kings In The History Of Nigeria & How They Enjoy Royal Splendour(pics) / Obateru Akinrunta:The Richest King In Nigeria.. The Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom, Hrm / Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Bigbello(m): 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
What tribe is the richest when it comes to Respect?
Don’t lie ooo!!
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by or3gon: 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
the Yoruba tribe

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by gede7744(f): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
give it to Yorubas

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by acenazt: 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
Yoruba

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Fulaman198(m): 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
I don't know I don't want to say my own Fulani or other neighbouring different ethnic groups like the Hausa because people would accuse me of being biased. The honest answer is that I don't know because I have not been with all 250 ethnic groups of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Rivertemz: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
Im Yoruba (other than saying my own), and I would say the Hausa seem respectable.

But tbh I want to know which other tribe make their children bow when they greet their elders like yoruba people ??

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
Yoruba of course

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Fulaman198(m): 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
Rivertemz: Im Yoruba (other than saying my own), and I would say the Hausa seem respectable.

But tbh I want to know which other tribe make their children bow when they greet their elders like yoruba people ??

Hausa and even Fulani
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by macof(m): 10:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

Hausa and even Fulani

Really??! Hausa and Fulani prostrate to greet elders
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Rivertemz: 10:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

Hausa and even Fulani
oh really? i didn't know that

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Fulaman198(m): 11:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
macof:

Of course lol
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by macof(m): 11:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

Of course lol

Interesting smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by 1shortblackboy: 12:30am On Aug 22, 2014
prostrating on the floor that I want to greet another human being .............. rubbish angry
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Rivertemz: 12:41am On Aug 22, 2014
1shortblackboy: prostrating on the floor that I want to greet another human being .............. rubbish angry

Sorry boss
You're used to waving good-morning at your grandparents??
That's strange for me to do.

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 22, 2014
macof:

Those of the Hausa tribe (I don't know about the Fulanis) bend/(bow)/squat to greet their elders
You hear them say 'ranka ya dade' when greeting

They do not drop flat on the floor to greet
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
Bura Tribe

Reason: because nobody has heard of them.

All other tribes have lost respect in one way or the other. so their respect level has gone into negative.

Yorubas: armed robbery
Igbos: scam
Hausas: bh
Fulani: jihad, killing farmers
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Blockus: 12:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
angry
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Fulaman198(m): 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
PAGAN9JA: Bura Tribe

All other tribes have lost respect in one way or the other. so their respect level has gone into negative.

What jihad are we talking about here exactly?
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by A7(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
PAGAN9JA: Bura Tribe

it is spelt brah or birah, and was pronounced swiftly with an angry tone.

But bura? Thats a no no, you shall know this better than anyone else seeing you always masquarade yourself as hausa and a northerner in this forum.

The brah's have intermingle with the Hausa's for decades and they take offence when you spelt their name as 'bura'.

Probably because 'nobody' did not make any effort to know them, but the brah tribe are well known in the north, they produce great engineers, doctors, lecturers, businessmen and politicians, the present minister of education is brah.

Bh is kanuri's handiwork not Hausa.

Almost all the insurgents are kanuri from either Yobe or Borno
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by A7(m): 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
Fulaman198:

What jihad are we talking about here exactly?

killing farmers grin

But farmers and herdsmen from all kind of tribe experience this nah, the strife is not uniquely fulani.
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Fulaman198(m): 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
A7:

killing farmers grin

But farmers and herdsmen from all kind of tribe experience this nah, the strife is not uniquely fulani.

That wasn't even Jihad, that was a squabble over land. It's happening in Niger Republic too between Fulani herdsmen and Hausa Farmers.
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by A7(m): 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
Fulaman198:

That wasn't even Jihad, that was a squabble over land. It's happening in Niger Republic too between Fulani herdsmen and Hausa Farmers.

gosh! First paragraph of my response was sarcasm.

Yeah, thats why i wrote 'the strife is not uniquely fulani'.

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Fulaman198(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
A7:

gosh! First paragraph of my response was sarcasm.

Yeah, thats why i wrote 'the strife is not uniquely fulani'.

Oh my mistake, maybe my work is turning of my sarcasm detector.
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by A7(m): 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Fulaman198:

Oh my mistake, maybe my work is turning of my sarcasm detector.

lol! Good luck with the work, wish you success.

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Fulaman198(m): 5:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
A7:

lol! Good luck with the work, wish you success.

Thanks bro, same to you I wish you immense success as well.

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2014
Fulaman198: I don't know I don't want to say my own Fulani or other neighbouring different ethnic groups like the Hausa because people would accuse me of being biased. The honest answer is that I don't know because I have not been with all 250 ethnic groups of Nigeria.
i understand it very well when ppl talk like this.
Its either they don't wanna agree or don't like it.
Just like someone telling me that Lion/cheetah/messi can be taken as d king/fastest/best because we haven't seen many animals/players grin
Re: What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! by Ngozi123(f): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2014
Bigbello: What tribe is the richest when it comes to Respect?
Don’t lie ooo!!

Respect can be culturally relative; what one culture may see as 'respectful behaviour' may not be what another culture views it as.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Masquerade, Good For Yuletide Season? (Picture) / “asiri Iwa Ọwọ Femi Solar Ti Tu Si Mi Lọwọ” - Oniroyin / Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.