Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Enugu Airport Flood Pictures - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enugu Airport Flood Pictures (32671 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport / Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by doczero: 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
How did the plane land on that flood. What if it skidded off the runway?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
aresa:

Before the repainting...
diickhead jackarsse,its easy to spot idle arsse losers on da goddamm prowl..y'all gonna die hating n folks gonna spit on ur graves n grab their charlse diickens....4kn punk
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Asek1(m): 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
dhammyg: THIS IS A DISGRACE TO OUR AVIATION INDUSTRY.RAIN FALLS EVERYWHERE.BUT IT DOSEN'T MEAN OUR AIRPORTS MUST BE FLOODED

You wey dey form iceblocks on whatsapp
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
MsNas:
That Seattle Tacoma leaks doesn't excuse Enugu Airport. During the flooding or what have you at Sea-Tac, was any plane allowed to land or take-off? They definitely won't. See that Med-View airline landing in the middle of an ocean. Is that not endangerment of passenger life? I'm guessing they allowed the plane to land cos they didn't have any measures to curb the flood and they have no idea when the water will recede.
The flood can't affect landing. It can only affect taking off because due to the backward force of the water the plane can't enough force during taxiing to ensure proper take off.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Bezed(m): 9:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
New Delhi airports
Brasilia airport
bankcock airport
Tokyo airport
it happens in other places . I wonder why we so much castigate ourselves

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Asek1:
You wey dey form iceblocks on whatsapp
grinundecided
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
chimoz:
The flood can't affect landing. It can only affect taking off because due to the backward force of the water the plane can't enough force during taxiing to ensure proper take off.

Flood affects all phases of flight that involves the runway.

Hydroplaning is a very big deal during landing and many accidents have occurred due to water on the runway.
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Bezed: New Delhi airports
Brasilia airport
bankcock airport
Tokyo airport

We should always strive to be better than them.

Maybe those floods were caused by typhoons and such??

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Bezed(m): 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
CityNG:

We should always strive to be better than them.

Maybe those floods were caused by typhoons and such??
like you said "strive" such news about such flooding has never been seen in that airport , which makes it a new development, so the striving aspect would now be placed into consideration.. this is like to say an earthquake happens in Nigeria and we start blaming ppl for not makin the house that were affected to be strong like that of the Western world , without considering the fact that the western world puts the consideration of having an earthquake implace be4 construction...even here if you try to put the American standards into place in a building, our contractors will simply tell you that it is a waste of material

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
Bezed: like you said "strive" such news about such flooding has never been seen in that airport , which makes it a new development, so the striving aspect would now be placed into consideration.. this is like to say an earthquake happens in Nigeria and we start blaming ppl for not makin the house that were affected to be strong like that of the Western world , without considering the fact that the western world puts the consideration of having an earthquake implace be4 construction...even here if you try to put the American standards into place in a building, our contractors will simply tell you that it is a waste of material

You're part of the Nigerian problem and you need to stop quoting out of context (you come across as educated).

Stop supporting lame duck projects.

It's simply unacceptable for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Bezed(m): 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
CityNG:

You're part of the Nigerian problem and you need to stop quoting out of context (you come across as educated).

Stop supporting lame duck projects.

It's simply unacceptable for Nigeria.
you don't not understand me., I do not support a badly executed project... all I was complaining about is how we Nigerians criticize and blows things out of prop.. you earlier said something about those other floodings been caused by maybe typhoon... why I'm saying this about this particular topic is cos I 've been there.. the topography is not even close to being a flood prone zone, but this has happened, which means there must be an extra amount of rainfall than usual..for me when I'll refer to it as a bad project is if necessary things are not done to avert such from happening again since it has started happening... blame it on climate change..

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by tomiobj(m): 11:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
dhammyg:
PLS THIS IS NO EXCUSE.AN AIRPORT SHOULD HAVE A GOOD DRAINAGE SYSTEM.

MOREOVER THIS AIRPORT IS AN INTERNATIONAL ONE.HOW WOULD U REACT IF U ENTER A FOREIGN COUNTRY AND THE AIRPORT IS FLOODED WITH DIRTY MUDDY WATER

Dreal is right, there are some weather disasters that can't be controlled. Airports ins china get flooded often and airports in Russia gets ice blocked
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
Bezed: you don't not understand me., I do not support a badly executed project... all I was complaining about is how we Nigerians criticize and blows things out of prop.. you earlier said something about those other floodings been caused by maybe typhoon... why I'm saying this about this particular topic is cos I 've been there.. the topography is not even close to being a flood prone zone, but this has happened, which means there must be an extra amount of rainfall than usual..for me when I'll refer to it as a bad project is if necessary things are not done to avert such from happening again since it has started happening... blame it on climate change..

Okay I understand you now and apologies.

I just get defensive when people try to justify bad behavior by pointing to other countries.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 23, 2014
CityNG:

Flood affects all phases of flight that involves the runway.

Hydroplaning is a very big deal during landing and many accidents have occurred due to water on the runway.
It's not my field though.
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by chiditobe: 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
Tragic...wat a pity
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Redstone(m): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
Na wah o, how come? This is complete lack of technical competence on the part of the contractor. He should be called to rectify this.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by moonraker(m): 3:55am On Aug 24, 2014
I usually dont reply to threads on here but seriously, Are you bleeping kidding me?

An international airport for that matter? And this is the fresh air that everyone is shouting about? Nah, not interested.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by moonraker(m): 4:01am On Aug 24, 2014
Bezed: New Delhi airports
Brasilia airport
bankcock airport
Tokyo airport

Remove Tokyo from that list. Yes, there is snow blockage during winter which usually

they are prepared for and they have machines clearing it up for planes to land and take off. if they cant, they shut down the

airport for a while. No floods. Dont embarass yourself please.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Bezed(m): 11:59am On Aug 24, 2014
moonraker:

Remove Tokyo from that list. Yes, there is snow blockage during winter which usually

they are prepared for and they have machines clearing it up for planes to land and take off. if they cant, they shut down the

airport for a while. No floods. Dont embarass yourself please.
. LOL... seriously I shouldn't embarrass my self,cos you think you know it all... pls get your facts right be4 being so sure.. read this little stuff :
10:20 AM|World NewsTOKYO, April 8 (KUNA) -- More than 100 flightsat Tokyo's Haneda airport, Japan's busiest domestic air hub, were cancelled on Tuesday due to strong winds and heavy rains that hit the Tokyo metropolitan area.Japan Airlines and All Nippon Airways, the nation's two biggest carriers, cancelled a total of 102 domestic flights in the morning and early afternoon, affecting about 13,700 passengers, the airlines said.Haneda airport had one of the three runways closed in the morning as some parts of the runway became submerged caused by flooding, according to the airport authority.The Japan Meteorological Agency warned of the possibility of thunder and gusty wind in eastern and central Japan, including the region centering on Tokyo....

source:http://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?language=en&id=1897667
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by moonraker(m): 12:29am On Aug 25, 2014
Bezed: . LOL... seriously I shouldn't embarrass my self,cos you think you know it all... pls get your facts right be4 being so sure.. read this little stuff :
10:20 AM|World NewsTOKYO, April 8 (KUNA) -- More than 100 flightsat Tokyo's Haneda airport, Japan's busiest domestic air hub, were cancelled on Tuesday due to strong winds and heavy rains that hit the Tokyo metropolitan area.Japan Airlines and All Nippon Airways, the nation's two biggest carriers, cancelled a total of 102 domestic flights in the morning and early afternoon, affecting about 13,700 passengers, the airlines said.Haneda airport had one of the three runways closed in the morning as some parts of the runway became submerged caused by flooding, according to the airport authority.The Japan Meteorological Agency warned of the possibility of thunder and gusty wind in eastern and central Japan, including the region centering on Tokyo....

source:http://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?language=en&id=1897667

oooo wow, feeling good about yourself, aren't you? Well at least the people in charge had the balls to shutdown down the airport which i

rightly pointed out. What did your FAAN do? do we even have such an organisation in Nigeria at all?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Bezed(m): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2014
moonraker:

oooo wow, feeling good about yourself, aren't you? Well at least the people in charge had the balls to shutdown down the airport which i

rightly pointed out. What did your FAAN do? do we even have such an organisation in Nigeria at all?
you are talking another thing.. I just wanted to drive a point and I've done that...if you like say any thing you like it doesn't help Nigeria in any way..your type simply runs to other countries and wait on nairaland to see bad news and then talk sh.it.... this is the first time its happening since that airport was built and I will only say the government didn't do their work well if only they did not find necessary things put in place to avoid future occurrence..
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by akigbemaru: 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
Enugu flooded airport!
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Ndipe(m): 1:13am On Apr 23, 2020
Disgraceful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Visit To Elegushi Beach And Idanre Hills In Pictures. / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? / Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.