Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? (32686 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by SiotohGlobal: 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
Some Nigerians are very superstitious when it comes to Japa affairs. Some are afraid of being in an environment whose language they don't understand while some are scared of the cost of living and some are uncomfortable about their safety in their new location.

Let's talk, what scares you the most about relocating abroad?

5 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Light78: 9:11pm On Dec 27, 2022
Racism.
Imagine no one wants to talk to you because you are black.

Many of the men here think if they go there they will make friends easily. That's a lie

Let's practice...

We are gonna use Man A and a White lady as an example.

He is walking toward a while lady to start a conversation with her.

White lady: Who is this person gravitating towards me?

Man A: Hi, how're you doing?

White lady: Are you sure you are okay? Should I call the authorities on you?

Man A:. He says to himself, shaiii, I think say na so e go easy oooo...

153 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2022
Gun violence.
Make person no dey grocery store for night,.make person no come dey do shoot on sight or catch heartless stray bullet

243 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by LordIsaac(m): 10:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
Cold!

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Buskynwa: 10:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
Racism!
At that point in time you'll feel what an average Hausa aboki feels when he comes to the city side.
LordIsaac:
Cold
Cold ke? There are warmers that are run on gas available almost everywhere but racism? Its a creepy thing, not many people get over it

141 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Hotty321(m): 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2022
Racisms and the new environment will be bored. You can't do anyhow you like because u are a stranger.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Brownshoe: 11:44pm On Dec 27, 2022
Fufu will no longer surplus and cheap as it is here.

Not sure if it will be available self.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Aremu01(m): 12:18am On Dec 28, 2022
Bills

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by OboOlora(f): 1:04am On Dec 28, 2022
For most guys, na hook up girls, baba Ijebu kiosk and those satchet ogogoro dem go miss pass

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Cutehector(m): 2:42am On Dec 28, 2022
Loneliness and cold.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by grandstar(m): 2:50am On Dec 28, 2022
Settling in to a new culture and way of life.

For instance, in Nigeria, a man is responsible for most of the bills in the house. In Europe, both couple share bills. The man is also expected to assist in house work but may be cut some slack. Men will always be men. Some men are even househusbands.

Cost of accommodation is another worry. The best way to reduce this is not to stay in major cities. For instance, in England, no just near London. Rather go to some other city or town. Even in Birmingham which is the second largest city in England, rents can be half as much as that of London.

In America, keep away from states like California which are expensive. Rather target Texas where accommodation is much cheaper.

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Ovems(f): 3:17am On Dec 28, 2022
Their way of life, LGBTQ, binary and non binary,etc and how they are forcing it down the throat of others and introducing it to kids.

145 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Learner247: 3:26am On Dec 28, 2022
- Starting all over
- Racism. How free can I ever be in a place that is not mine or at best where can only become mine based on a few pieces of paper they give to me. Anytime things don't go the way the indigenes want it, they tag me Nigerian born.....
- Cold
- Fear of not being able to be hard on my children when I am supposed to be. I mean, the concept of "no right or wrong" doesn't cut it for me.

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Boogyman557: 4:45am On Dec 28, 2022
Holly Gram cool If I can't smoke my WEED in any uncomplicated BUILDING freely..

And if de don't have cheap BROTHEL (AKA ASHAWOO HOUSE)

Other tinz no concern ME!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by gregyboy(m): 6:05am On Dec 28, 2022
The fear or raising my children there

The western culture used to be manageable but thesedays they are going nut

I go manage my naija

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Nairalander248: 6:11am On Dec 28, 2022
Cutehector:
Loneliness and cold.

We can marry and we are good to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Tallesty1(m): 6:47am On Dec 28, 2022
No place to buy Lokoja Suya

9 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by thelegend1(m): 6:55am On Dec 28, 2022
Lack of love and fear of failed marriage.

OVERSEAS IS THE LAST PLACE YOU WANT TO HAVE MARITAL ISSUES

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by MackIV(m): 6:55am On Dec 28, 2022
SiotohGlobal:

I'm doing great in Nigeria, on a bad day I could earn upto 100k daily. The fear of starting afresh, earning minimum wage for a long time b4 I start making it scares the sh*t out of me.

Please if you can put me out of my misery

2- The fear of my unborn children losing their culture and heritage.

PS: please don't ask what I do

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Doyou2019: 6:57am On Dec 28, 2022
gregyboy:
The fear or raising my children there

The western culture used to be manageable but thesedays they are going nut

I go manage my naija
But Nigerian culture has gone south too. Look at ill-trained kids all over the place and their chicken-head parents who should have no business raising kids in the first place.

Our culture is gone too, bro, so find another excuse grin

Anyway, make I shaperly answer for our resident urchins sha : It's the fear of losing their agberoism, laziness and penchant to gleefully support evil in a world that won't tolerate it. grin grin

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by somehow: 7:08am On Dec 28, 2022
Doyou2019:

But Nigerian culture has gone south too. Look at ill-trained kids all over the place and their chicken-head parents who should have no business raising kids in the first place.

Our culture is gone too, bro, so find another excuse grin

Anyway, make I shaperly answer for our resident urchins sha : It's the fear of losing their agberoism and penchant to gleefully support evil in a world that won't tolerate it. grin grin

This sounds so true to you until you truly get there to know the real gone!

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by somehow: 7:10am On Dec 28, 2022
The fear of becoming an 8th class in a strange culture/society/environment.

The experience wasn't palatable at all.

1st class - Female citizens that are not brown in color
2nd class - Children of the above citizens that are not brown in color
3rd class - Dogs and pets
4th class - Male citizens that are not brown in color (including the fathers and husbands/ex husbands of the 1st class citizens)
5th class - gay, lesbians, non binary and every other rubbish out there.
6th class - Immigrants that are not brown in color
7th class - Citizens that are brown in color
8th class - Africans of all shades of brown. (This is where majority of you will belong)

144 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Kewtt: 7:14am On Dec 28, 2022
somehow:
The fear of becoming a 8th class in a strange culture.

The experience wasn't palatable at all.

1st class - Female citizens that are not brown in color
2nd class - Children of the above citizens that are not brown in color
3rd class - Dogs and pets
4th class - Male citizens that are not brown in color (including the fathers and husbands/ex husbands of the 1st class citizens)
5th class - gay, lesbians, non binary and every other rubbish out there.
6th class - Immigrants that are not brown in color
7th class - Citizens that are brown in color
8th class - Africans of all shades of brown. (This is where majority of you will belong)

They don't get it

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Cutehector(m): 7:27am On Dec 28, 2022
Nairalander248:

We can marry and we are good to go
are you a lady or a guy?

2 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Starboytwo(m): 7:31am On Dec 28, 2022
Cold
Loneliness
Tax
Food
Culture
Racism
Gun violence
Hood Gangsters
Drug violence
Flat yansh
Children’s lack of respect
LGBTQ and her likes
Stupid old white women that won’t mind their business and call police on me.
Police brutality.
Discrimination.
People asking me where I come from
People trying to touch my hair(are you ok)
Laborer or manual labour(sorry I’m a king in the jungle and will remain so)
Can’t find a buka to eat bread and beans.
Can’t play football on the streets.
Can’t connect Nepa light illegally in the night and remove it in the morning before Nepa people come.
Gay people in the prison fuc.king ur anus.

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Alhajiemeritus: 7:45am On Dec 28, 2022
Cold....
That is my bane..

5 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Karleb(m): 7:46am On Dec 28, 2022
I might never come back. embarassed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by stanvesco(m): 7:57am On Dec 28, 2022
MackIV:

I'm doing great in Nigeria, on a bad day I could earn upto 100k daily. The fear of starting afresh, earning minimum wage for a long time b4 I start making it scares the sh*t out of me.

Please if you can put me out of my misery

2- The fear of my unborn children losing their culture and heritage.

PS: please don't ask what I do

Teach us na

Even 10000 daily don do me

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Oesophagus99(m): 7:59am On Dec 28, 2022
Racists

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Oesophagus99(m): 8:17am On Dec 28, 2022
OboOlora:
For most guys, na hook up girls, baba Ijebu kiosk and those satchet ogogoro dem go miss pass

Na oyibo dey do fling pass ..

Coded free sexx Yakpa
But you just can't run multiple girls at same time

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Rickmann: 8:22am On Dec 28, 2022
SiotohGlobal:
Some Nigerians are very superstitious when it comes to Japa affairs. Some are afraid of being in an environment whose language they don't understand while some are scared of the cost of living and some are uncomfortable about their safety in their new location.

For me, it's racial abuse.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by benzion72(m): 8:29am On Dec 28, 2022
Nowhere is easy. From your sweat you will eat bread is universal

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Visit To Elegushi Beach And Idanre Hills In Pictures. / Car Accident At Ogba, Lagos (Photos) / Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.