Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

How To Fix A Wet Iphone Or Ipod - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Fix A Wet Iphone Or Ipod (534 Views)

How To Type Apple Logo On Iphone, Ipad Or Ipod Touch / Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung / How To Use Iphone Or Ipod As A Mouse To Control Pc/laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix A Wet Iphone Or Ipod by OwillyOscar(m): 1:58am On Aug 22, 2014
In the course of using them, iPhones and iPods sometimes get wet. It's simply just a fact of life. A wet iPhone or iPod doesn't necessarily mean a dead iOS device. Sometimes a wet iPhone can't be saved no matter what you do, but before declaring your gadget dead, make sure you try these tips:

Remove the Battery – In case you’re reading this and you don’t have an iPhone, the first thing you should do is remove the battery to prevent a short circuit. iPhones however have non-removable built in batteries therefore you have no choice but to take next steps.

Never turn it on – This may sound like an obvious piece of advice, but trust me, it’s not, never try to turn it on. Doing this can cause more damage to the electronics inside it. If it's already on, turn it off/lock it as quickly as possible. Always have at the back of your mind that the longer your device is on after it gets wet, the more likely it is to suffer irreparable damage.

Put it in rice – In theory, a bag full of silica packets is awesome, but who really has twenty of those things lying around? If I tear my house completely apart I might be able to find two if I’m having a really lucky day.

Get a ziplock bag big enough to hold the iPhone or iPod and the rice. Put the device inside and then fill most of the rest of the bag with uncooked rice. Leave it in the bag for a few days. In no time, the rice will draw moisture out of the device that you wouldn't be able to get it in any other way. Many wet iPhone has been saved with this rice trick.
- See more at: http://trendymediablog.com/2014/08/how-to-fix-a-wet-iphone-or-ipod/
Re: How To Fix A Wet Iphone Or Ipod by texanomaly(f): 2:43am On Aug 22, 2014
OwillyOscar: In the course of using them, iPhones and iPods sometimes get wet. It's simply just a fact of life. A wet iPhone or iPod doesn't necessarily mean a dead iOS device. Sometimes a wet iPhone can't be saved no matter what you do, but before declaring your gadget dead, make sure you try these tips:

Remove the Battery – In case you’re reading this and you don’t have an iPhone, the first thing you should do is remove the battery to prevent a short circuit. iPhones however have non-removable built in batteries therefore you have no choice but to take next steps.

Never turn it on – This may sound like an obvious piece of advice, but trust me, it’s not, never try to turn it on. Doing this can cause more damage to the electronics inside it. If it's already on, turn it off/lock it as quickly as possible. Always have at the back of your mind that the longer your device is on after it gets wet, the more likely it is to suffer irreparable damage.

Put it in rice – In theory, a bag full of silica packets is awesome, but who really has twenty of those things lying around? If I tear my house completely apart I might be able to find two if I’m having a really lucky day.

Get a ziplock bag big enough to hold the iPhone or iPod and the rice. Put the device inside and then fill most of the rest of the bag with uncooked rice. Leave it in the bag for a few days. In no time, the rice will draw moisture out of the device that you wouldn't be able to get it in any other way. Many wet iPhone has been saved with this rice trick.
- See more at: http://www.trendymediablog.com/2014/08/how-to-fix-wet-iphone-or-ipod.html

I hope this works. embarassed Hot tub tinz
Re: How To Fix A Wet Iphone Or Ipod by OwillyOscar(m): 6:27am On Aug 22, 2014
Sure
texanomaly:

I hope this works. embarassed Hot tub tinz

(1) (Reply)

Airtel BB Plan. / Read These 6 Warnings Before You Update Your Iphone Or Ipad To Ios 8 / #hairgate: Iphone 6 Suffers Another Social Media Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.