Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks (1149 Views)

3-Day-Old Baby Abandoned In Front Of A Church In Lagos (Photos) / Missing Nigerian Baby Found In Mexico, Father Arrested / 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks by donkross1(m): 5:49am On Aug 22, 2014
Looks like something we usually see in movies but this actually happened for real. Wonder girl Amara learned to feed herself barely 72 hours after she was born. Her mother, 20 year old, Onyi Chiedozie was surprised and baffled by her daughter’s amazing ability.

The amazing girl was born at Queen’s Hospital in Romford, Essex, on August 3 weighing 6lbs 3oz.

Onyi, who is a single mother and a student revealed that her baby took matters into her own hands when she ‘grabbed’ her bottle during a feed and held it to her mouth unaided. She first did it at three days old and now – at three weeks old – regularly holds her bottle and pushes it aside when she is full up. Onyi, who is using a combination of breast and bottle feeding, said everyone is amazed by the feat. She said:

‘She was crying as she was hungry and when we were feeding, she started shaking, then she just grabbed the bottle and she was holding it by herself. We couldn’t believe it because babies don’t normally do it that young, I’m so shocked that I have been documenting it every day. It’s unbelievable, even nurses are really surprised – when my health support nurse came she was shocked as well., she couldn’t believe that this could happen. Whenever we go to appointments, we take pictures of her doing it. The midwife and even the doctor we had an appointment with on Saturday was actually amazed – they all couldn’t believe it.
I just think she has a lot of strength, I’m not sure why though as she wasn’t particularly heavy when she was born. ‘When she doesn’t want it she will push it away. She isn’t strong enough to throw it away, but she does push it away, like she does with her dummy. If she is really hungry, she starts shaking, then she will just grab the bottle as you give it to her.’

Re: Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 22, 2014
Why the combination of breast milk and bottle feeding . Celebrating foolishness sad angry
Re: Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks by ramdris(m): 6:04am On Aug 22, 2014
The baby is indirectly telling d parent " don't mess with my stomach ".
Re: Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks by red101(f): 6:06am On Aug 22, 2014
Incredible. She should be watched very carefully
Re: Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks by itstpia1: 6:09am On Aug 22, 2014
nine months time, there'll be another miracle to match this.

God willing. Lord have mercy.
Re: Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks by red101(f): 6:11am On Aug 22, 2014
teeo: Why the combination of breast milk and bottle feeding . Celebrating foolishness sad angry

In dailymail news, the mother said she bit her n.ipple to the point where it started bleeding so she decided to start bottle feeding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2730946/This-newborn-lot-bottle-British-baby-shocks-medical-profession-learning-feed-just-two-days-old.html
Re: Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 22, 2014
red101:

In dailymail news, the mother said she bit her n.ipple to the point where it started bleeding so she decided to start bottle feeding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2730946/This-newborn-lot-bottle-British-baby-shocks-medical-profession-learning-feed-just-two-days-old.html

Flimsy excuse, the mother is just trying to stop in the hopes that her boobies won't sag. tongue
Re: Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 22, 2014
teeo:

Flimsy excuse, the mother is just trying to stop in the hopes that her boobies won't sag. tongue

what's wrong in combining both? So it's wrong for a mother to bottle feed her baby now? Some women don't produce milk instantly, plus if she's a working mother,she'll still have to leave the baby in someone's care.......

2 Likes

Re: Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 22, 2014
iwakolewa:

what's wrong in combining both? So it's wrong for a mother to bottle feed her baby now? Some women don't produce milk instantly, plus if she's a working mother,she'll still have to leave the baby in someone's care.......

At that early stage, you didn't read the three days after delivery part I guess undecided

A selfish mother she is.
Re: Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 22, 2014
teeo:

At that early stage, you didn't read the three days after delivery part I guess undecided

A selfish mother she is.

Don't you judge what you can't explain,you're not a woman,nor a mother so I can understand your ignorance, there are so many reasons why some mothers can't feed even a day old baby,no use explaining to,you probably won't get it undecided

1 Like

Re: Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 22, 2014
iwakolewa:

Don't you judge what you can't explain,you're not a woman,nor a mother so I can understand your ignorance, there are so many reasons why some mothers can't feed even a day old baby,no use explaining to,you probably won't get it undecided

Stories that touch undecided
Re: Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks by favoredgal: 5:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
It may be breastmilk inside the bottle. I expressed milk for the first week for my daughter and she took from the bottle cuz she dint latch on properly initially

1 Like

Re: Incredible Feat! 3 Day Old Nigerian Baby Shocks by red101(f): 5:26am On Aug 27, 2014
teeo:

stop being ignorant.

(1) (Reply)

Why Should A Girl Be Raped Because She Uses Illicit Drugs? / Does Waking Up As Early As 5am Daily Affects A Baby's Health? / All Child Are Gift From God Including This(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.