Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

'what Should I Do?' A Wife's Ordeal - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'what Should I Do?' A Wife's Ordeal (1157 Views)

See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day / What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'what Should I Do?' A Wife's Ordeal by Sweetmarriage: 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2015
This Woman Sent This To Us... (It is quite long)

'We left the North due to bokoharam and due to my husband business that has crumble,,,I have been taking care of the family my little way wit the help of my family,,,,reaching lagos the little money I sold from the shop I have and my business hoping to use it for biz,,,After two days in Lag my husband fell sick and was admitted all the money finished and I ended up wit noting.
Thou it was my family that ask us to come over,,they paid for two bedroom flat for Two years,,,after my husbnd recoverd my little baby got sick that he was even given blood but I doscoverd that my sistr's husbnd that want to help my husbnd had problem in his place of work
And I calld my hubnd and told him to look for job or go his people for money he never did by then I started pap business and he stayed at home refuse doing anythng until I fell sick,,he left me to my faith and my people still send me to hosp and later went for appendice operation
After the operation,,,I change to groundnut bussiness,,which I did for sometime,,then my dad was brought my house by my bro cos he was transfer,,,and my people bought a new brand keke for me and handed it over to him and ask him to be puting 5k in the bank just to make him serious,,
His problem is that he never take my advice,,his people call him to come home for selling of land I told him not to go he refuse and pack the keke for 2months and stay at home,,coming back keke devlop problem
He pack it and I give him money to repay it,,he is never appreciative,his word is always if I see money I will pack the keke,,,my daughter took waec,,I fight and pay,,,because of his unseriousness today accident tomorrw mechanic I decide to look for teaching job never knew the enemy Has set trap for himslf,,,I started this work enroll my last baby with hope to put othrs later and my husbnd is working am not seeing money,,we starve too,,2 week after resumtion I went to sch that fateful morning and slide and broke my ankle
Then I shed tears cos I know it won't be easy for me cos all my family have dissapear cos of his charactr,,I was brought home by him and neighbour and kept to my faith
I called my people none came up till evening I beg him to take me for xray he said no money,,,I gave him ATM he withdrw money it was fracture reaching hosp,,,The doc says 300k,,,,I was brought back and my husbnd kept me at home
It was my inlaw that brought native to do the leg and I payed for the treatment apart from 5k his brother brough,,,almost 50k was use later go to hospital I payd at the end native did not fix it well,,he pack keke on sick bed I still bring money to repay keke the last one the keke spoil my bro came and repay it give him condition to pay 10k every week which he payed only oncee
The native people did not fix the leg well and they said the only option is surgery
My brother paid 220k for the surgery and he had accident again wit the keke and pack it since 2nd of Jan and with the surgery I did I am using cluthes wit one leg up and he is staying at home without going out to look for money or work,he leave me and the kids starve and collect the one I ve to cook and If I talk he pick offence pls what do I do,,,,I am sick now i have test to run but he never did anything.'

N.b: Please, give her good advises because we will drop the link to this thread to her, so she will read your comments. Thanks.
Re: 'what Should I Do?' A Wife's Ordeal by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2015
Op, I read the post and I would write as speaking directly to the woman

First of all, I want to say my condolence goes to you and your family for the ill treatment and wickedness by these so called terrorists and by God's grace justice will be duely served to them and who ever is sponsoring them

I must say you are a very hard working, strong willed woman and you have been through a lot despite the fact that your husband isn't fulfilling his responsibilities as a husband and bread winner.
Sorry you find yourself in this situation and I want to say quick recovery as regards your leg.

There is a very important question that I have to ask you
Do you believe in God, or are you a member of any religion?
If your answer is yes, then how prayerful are you? I read about everything that has been going on in your family and I think it just might be spiritual related

I insist you be prayerful and draw closer to God. Pray for your husband and pray for your family. Try to see if you can engage your husband and children in prayers

Having said this, find a way to talk to your husband. You are his wife so you should understand how to talk to him.
Sit him down and tell him that he should take full responsibility as the man of the house.
Tell him to consider the lives and future of his children

When your leg heals fully, go back to your teaching job and do not relent on your hard work. Your stress and hard work will be crowned with success.
You are indeed a virtuous woman and your kind is rare. You are a pride to womanhood, and an asset to humanity in general

Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: 'what Should I Do?' A Wife's Ordeal by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2015
Summary biko!!!
Re: 'what Should I Do?' A Wife's Ordeal by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
I'd say its time to give up on that man. Sorry to say, but he is useless. Let her do whatever she can to sustain herself and her children, and ignore the man. With the pretext of repairing, she should take the keke from the man and hand it over to someone that wants to work and bring money. Op has a 'useless' husband, she should just live with it.
Re: 'what Should I Do?' A Wife's Ordeal by chukzey442(m): 3:36pm On Feb 24, 2015
I think Spiritual Cleansing Is Serioulsy Needed.
Re: 'what Should I Do?' A Wife's Ordeal by 5minsmadness: 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
So because of the biko haram saga she and her husband relocated from the north to down south. Since they came, the husband has not been able to do any reasonable business. Poster has been doing pap business and groundnut business to make ends meet.

Poster's bro eventually bought a keke and presented it to poster's husband to make a living but poster's husband has been too lazy to use it efficiently. Poster has had to pay for her own appendix operation, her daughter's waec and recently changed to a teaching job where she slipped and broke her ankle. The operation was to cost n300k but since op couldn't afford it and his and didn't seem to care, op's people sent her to do it native with N50k. It was done badly and now poster still needs to do the surgery.

In all this the husband has been non-chalant and lazy, unable to work with the keke or start any other business.

Nairalanders, what should she do?
Re: 'what Should I Do?' A Wife's Ordeal by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2015
This is hard. She can restart her pap business if its not too much effort for her.

If the keke can be repaired fix it, give it out to someone who will give her returns weekly or monthly.She just has to take care of herself and the kids.
Re: 'what Should I Do?' A Wife's Ordeal by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 24, 2015
5minsmadness:
So because of the biko haram saga she and her husband relocated from the north to down south. Since they came, the husband has not been able to do any reasonable business. Poster has been doing pap business and groundnut business to make ends meet.

Poster's bro eventually bought a keke and presented it to poster's husband to make a living but poster's husband has been too lazy to use it efficiently. Poster has had to pay for her own appendix operation, her daughter's waec and recently changed to a teaching job where she slipped and broke her ankle. The operation was to cost n300k but since op couldn't afford it and his and didn't seem to care, op's people sent her to do it native with N50k. It was done badly and now poster still needs to do the surgery.

In all this the husband has been non-chalant and lazy, unable to work with the keke or start any other business.

Surgery has been done and she is recovering.

Sweetmarriage:

My brother paid 220k for the surgery and he had accident again wit the keke and pack it since 2nd of Jan and with the surgery I did I am using cluthes wit one leg up and he is staying at home without going out to look for money or work,he leave me and the kids starve and collect the one I ve to cook and If I talk he pick offence pls what do I do,,,,I am sick now i have test to run but he never did anything.'
N.b: Please, give her good advises because we will drop the link to this thread to her, so she will read your comments. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 'what Should I Do?' A Wife's Ordeal by bennyrazz: 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2015
this life eeen. typing..
Re: 'what Should I Do?' A Wife's Ordeal by Sweetmarriage: 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
5minsmadness:

Thanks for summarizing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Agonies Of A Banker / Interview: Tolu Falode Speaks On Book About Her Late Bother, Insists On Justice / Do You Know This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.