Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,942 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas (11408 Views)

Kunle Afolayan's OCTOBER 1: Critic's Review / Photos From The Premiere Of Kunle Afolayan’s “October 1″ / Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by gbemisola90(f): 8:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
[img]http://4.bp..com/-xN94bhRGrtY/U_eTuGI44CI/AAAAAAAAB7U/sruNyaD9Orc/s1600/kunle-afolayan2a.jpg[/img]

FilmOne Distribution, has announced that the monumental film, October 1, from the stables of Golden Effects Pictures, run by ace filmmaker, Kunle Afolayan. It will be released in all Nigerian cinemas on Friday, the 3rd of October 2014, with special advance screenings from Wednesday October 1, 2014.
This masterpiece, which was directed by Kunle Afolayan, was reportedly made with over N200million and was shot in Lagos and Ondo States for over forty days, after four months on pre-production. The cast of the movie delivered great acting dexterity; veteran actor Sadiq Daba (hit 80’s TV drama series Cockrow At Dawn), Kehinde Bankole, David Bailie, Nick Rhys, Fabian Adeoye Lojede, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Bimbo Manuel, Kunle Afolayan, Femi Adebayo, Demola Adedoyin, Kayode Olaiya, and Deola Sagoe.
October 1, a psychological thriller, unveils the story of Danladi Waziri (Sadiq Daba), a police officer from the North who is posted to the remote town of Akote, to investigate a series of female murder cases in the community and have the mystery solved before the Nigerian flag is raised on October 1, Nigeria’s Independence Day.
ADVERTISEMENT
The movie has been consensually dubbed by movie echelons, pundits and critics to record outstanding box office figures when released in Nigerian cinemas,stemming from its high technical quality output. A grand premiere has been slated for Sunday September 28th, 2014 at theEko Hotel and Suites, Lagos.
October 1 received production sponsorship from the Lagos state Government, Toyota, Elizade Motors and Sovereign Trust Insurance.
According to Mr Kene Mkparu, the MD of FilmOne distribution, “Kunle Afolayan has not faltered in any of his movie productions since he made his directorial debut in 2007. He raises the bar with every movie he produces; Irapada, The Figurine, Phone Swap and now October 1. His filmmaking skills are truly exceptional and we are indeed proud to be the distributor of this outstanding work”.
Mr Afolayan believes strongly that there is so much potential for this kind of film and that people will start believing in indigenous film projects after watching October 1. He said, “One thing is crystal clear, Nigerians and non-Nigerian alike are waiting enthusiastically for the release of October 1 and will swarm the cinemas to watch the movie that is poised to leave a long lasting positive impression on all who see it.”
The producer and distributor of October 1 urged all Nigerians and lovers of Nigeria to come out in large numbers to experience this cinematic showpiece.

source

18 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by freshness2020: 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
We are getting there, good quality project like this speaks for itself. Ride on Kuns " baba" Afolayan!

10 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by kokoA(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
na when dem go release dis film finish naw Sho! They've been "releasing" it since 1814.. I hope the movie is worth the wait sha.
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by shadowwalker101: 3:45am On Aug 23, 2014
na wa oo see tribal marks
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by tlanry: 3:46am On Aug 23, 2014
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by boombay(m): 3:46am On Aug 23, 2014
this one Is strong!!
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by mrofficial(m): 3:47am On Aug 23, 2014
Hmmm. I'll see it. Hope they don't do some Africa magic bullcrap in it.
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by uzolexis(f): 3:48am On Aug 23, 2014
Kunle Afolayan is a force to reckon with in the Nigerian movie industry,his movies "the figurine" and "phone swap" can testify to that. they kept me glued to my seat from beginning to end. I've seen the trailer of this movie and it seems very interesting. I cant wait to see this movie smiley

8 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by Aromas: 3:52am On Aug 23, 2014
How I wish other producers can seat down and think upstairs before rolling into film making. This guy has being unique and special in all the films he made. Stating from "Figurine" and so on""""""""""" no dough or misconception in his role making. God has already bless your hustle bro!!!! Keep it up.
Mind u, 2day na twenty-three ooooooo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by sheylarhh(m): 3:53am On Aug 23, 2014
Ok
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by Nobody: 3:55am On Aug 23, 2014
It cost over N200 million ($1.2 million) to produce the movie?! I hope it better be good.

3 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by siegfried99(m): 4:04am On Aug 23, 2014
nice
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by Nobody: 4:06am On Aug 23, 2014
undecided Don't see how this is frontpage material
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by wiringdpt(m): 4:06am On Aug 23, 2014
Been waiting for phone swap since 1500bc. F**k off bro
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by 1Book(m): 4:08am On Aug 23, 2014
Good one Mr Afolayan...Your movies are always second to none in the industry!

8 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by kulobyno: 4:09am On Aug 23, 2014
I Read the synopsis. I wonder why they have to bloat the cost of production to 200million as if that's what will make the movie interesting.
Abi na Jack Baur of 24 or Sean Connery 007 dem bring to play the Police Officer from North. Even if the pay all the lead characters that featured in this movie 1m each I still can't see how the movie go absorb 200million.

There are lots of low budget movies that remain very captivating and scintillating.
I don't see a Nigerian film producer (Marketer/investor) sinking 200million in any movie to end up selling the movie 150naira per CD even if the sponsor na Dangote, the producer go just pocket the money come enter church for "Testimony Time"

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by shorxynla(m): 4:24am On Aug 23, 2014
Ok.
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by Jayloy: 4:39am On Aug 23, 2014
This guy is a force to be reckoned with. Have never intentionally watch a nigerian film but for me to seat and watch phone swap and figurine on more than two occasions says a lot. Other nollywood guys should seat and be innovative with their storytelling and filming beyond this; Olujacob being the king and van vivker being the son who eventually fell in love with Ini edo which in turns caused the king fury. Spits on film and walk away.
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by NaLaugh: 4:40am On Aug 23, 2014
see mark
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by fightforchange1(f): 5:01am On Aug 23, 2014
oooh can't wait to cop dis movie. grin cheesy
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by Freelancer00(m): 5:16am On Aug 23, 2014
wiringdpt: Been waiting for phone swap since 1500bc. F**k off bro
I guess u're stuck in ur own little world. Phone swap has been watched a d re-watched by millions of people. Not his fault if u've not seen it

12 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by misterh(m): 5:21am On Aug 23, 2014
wiringdpt: Been waiting for phone swap since 1500bc. F**k off bro
Phone Swap don comot since na. I don watch am a billion times.

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by Jarchi(m): 5:22am On Aug 23, 2014
Next pls
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by misterh(m): 5:25am On Aug 23, 2014
kulobyno: I Read the synopsis. I wonder why they have to bloat the cost of production to 200million as if that's what will make the movie interesting.
Abi na Jack Baur of 24 or Sean Connery 007 dem bring to play the Police Officer from North. Even if the pay all the lead characters that featured in this movie 1m each I still can't see how the movie go absorb 200million.

There are lots of low budget movies that remain very captivating and scintillating.
I don't see a Nigerian film producer (Marketer/investor) sinking 200million in any movie to end up selling the movie 150naira per CD even if the sponsor na Dangote, the producer go just pocket the money come enter church for "Testimony Time"
Film production budget goes beyond just paying actors. Locations, equipment and other important matters gulp majority of the money.

12 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by segradino(m): 5:36am On Aug 23, 2014
It is only in Nigeria u see a movie completed within a year, no wonder we don't enjoy them as much as we do Nollywood movies...picture looks interesting though.
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 23, 2014
boombay: this one Is strong!!
Eleyi gidigan!!

5 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by Btruth: 5:51am On Aug 23, 2014
Truly Ade Love's blood. Ade Love has done it! Baba Sala has done it! Mainframe is doing it, Kunle Afolayan is doing... Keep doing it Kunle Afolayan. *Transformation Agenda of Nigeria Voice*

4 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by ObamaUS: 5:57am On Aug 23, 2014
Most of his films are of good production quality but the story line is always crap..The other one he released,"Figurine" was so hyped that one couldn't finish watching it because it was just very uninteresting..
Hope this turns out better

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 23, 2014
This guy is going places.

4 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by wiringdpt(m): 6:16am On Aug 23, 2014
Please provide links
Freelancer00: I guess u're stuck in ur own little world. Phone swap has been watched a d re-watched by millions of people. Not his fault if u've not seen it
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by madridguy(m): 6:34am On Aug 23, 2014
ANTP ......Progress. Nice one bro
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas by slumbee(m): 6:42am On Aug 23, 2014
The production of this movie is amazing. The casting, acting, picture quality, costume, movie theme i can go on and on. I promise that you won't be disappointed
I was opportuned to see the movie last week.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obama Featured In Latest Nollywood Poster / “Laide Bakare – My Xperience” Reality Show By Laide Bakare / Adventures of SOLO {Comedy Series}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.