Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

6 Types Of Blog Posts That Builds Your Audience - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6 Types Of Blog Posts That Builds Your Audience (434 Views)

How Google Adsense Approved Me With Just 8 Blog Posts / The Meaning Of CAPTCHA & 6 Types Of CAPTCHA / For Just #250/Month U Can Share Ur Blog Posts With My Over 150k Followers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Types Of Blog Posts That Builds Your Audience by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 23, 2014
One of the quickest ways to build readership for your blog is to write a variety of posts that readers can interact with. I've put together a list of my 6 favorite post types for building an audience along with advice on how and when to use them.

1. Q+A
The question and answer (Q+A's) types of blog posts are great because they show your readers that you're listening and want to help. Ask for questions, submissions or ideas for your Q+A post and then feature one or more of your readers' questions. You can do this as a one off but I recommend scheduling a regular Q+A post on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis to build anticipation.

2. Review
If there's a product or service that you love, shout it out to the world! Better yet, interview the person who created the product and gain extra exposure. I've never met anybody who didn't share a positive write-up about their business. Your readers will love the personal insight into your world, too. Just be sure that you only review products that you are genuinely interested in - nothing reads as well as enthusiasm!

3. Tutorial
A tutorial or 'how-to' post is a little trickery to put together but well worth the effort. If you can find a quick fix or short and simple solution to your readers' problems then you've hit the nail on the head. If you're stuck for an original idea, find a tutorial you've been meaning to do yourself and write up your successes and struggles with it. This works especially well if you're into craft projects, design skills or anything that creates a physical product.

4. Vlog
The vlog or 'video blog' is gaining massive popularity, especially on YouTube. Post a short 5 minute video at the start of each month or give a quick video tutorial to your readers. Building an audience is all about connecting with people and what better way to do that than to show them your face and voice. Don't be afraid to let your personality shine through.

If you don't want to be on camera, consider a screen cast video instead. Screen casting is a recording of whatever is on your screen combined with audio such as your voice. You can use screen casting software to record a PowerPoint or shot of your website and talk to your readers without showing your face.
Re: 6 Types Of Blog Posts That Builds Your Audience by omoelu1(m): 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2014
quite true.

(1) (Reply)

Bulk Sms Component / GTH Promo Naijaleader For Sale As A Christmas Gift Check Out / i

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.