Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

True Story: Am I A Coward For Leaving My Girlfriend? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / True Story: Am I A Coward For Leaving My Girlfriend? (641 Views)

The True Story Behind St Valentine- Saint Of Love / Seun, You Are A Coward ! / Is Eiye Confraternity Now A Weak And Coward Group? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

True Story: Am I A Coward For Leaving My Girlfriend? by marveangel(m): 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
Would you consider me a coward for
dumping my girlfriend that I love so much on request of cult boys?……Well maybe you would, maybe you’ll suggest I stand my ground and fight for our love…..I'm sorry but I couldn’t take the risk.
I not particularly afraid for me or what they could do to me. I’m afraid of what effect their act would have on my mom.
I’m the only son of widowed mother, I
barely know my father as he died when I
was about six years old from a motor
accident (he was a driver). I am my mon’s only hope she has given up almost
everything to see me go to school, my
mom has starved countless times just for
me to eat, she has washed and swept for
other woman like herself just to ensure I
have good education….For all her effort
and the humiliation she has to go through everyday, I made it my life goal to reward her with good performance in school.
Primary and secondary education was great. I represented my schools in several inter-school debates and quiz competition...Afterwards I gained admission to study engineering at the university and somehow with lots of effort and contribution from the church I was able to get in…(I can’t give out the name of the school coz I don’t know who is reading but its a Federal school in the southern part of Nigeria).
My first year in school was okay am not
the most friendly person but I didn’t have
some friend….I was exceptionally shy
around girls…You won’t blame me all
through secondary school I never had a girl friend even though there where some girls I did like. I always thought of relationships as a distraction and I didn’t want that. So things went just fine and I was glad. My second and third year in school was great too…..But towards the end of my third year, things took a different turn when I laid eyes on her….Even as I write I remember vividly that evening at June 12(if u’re in my school, you’ll know June 12) I went to get Meshia, that was supposed to be my dinner…I just got back from class and wasn’t really feeling like cooking. That
was where I met Jindu….She was waiting
for the meshia man to finish preparing hers when I got to the table…..she was every inch perfect, tall slim, great body, lovely eyes and awesome smile…. I just awe staring at her, when our eyes met, I
nervously looked away, my heart was
racing……There and then I wished I knew how to toast a girl….but I didn’t I was so nervous just standing next to her,my hands were shaky and my voice became very low…She didn’t seem to notice me..she was so busy chatting with her friend….The meshia guy finished hers and she handed him a thousand naira note….the guy refused to collect the money insisting he didn’t have change. He turned to me and asked my guy how far….Two eggs I said and he immediately start preparing mine I
was still stealing glance at her as she and her friend tried to get change to pay for the meshia….when d guy finished preparing my meshia I handed him a thousand naira note before he could say a word I told him I was paying for three…..(A voice inside my head screamed….are you mad?) I knew
I was setting myself up for a hungry week but I didn’t seem to care I just wanted to help her…she and her friend thanked me and for some reason they didn’t immediately walk away, they stood and waited till I collected my change which was 150 naira. We got talking(that’s when I got their names her friend was Obehi while she is Chijindu–or Jindu is a later started calling her) and I even walked them to the enterance of their hostel gate before moving back to mine.
I never asked for her number, not that I
didn’t want but I was too afriad to ask plus I figured she would probably never date me….she was just too good for me. So I went back to my hostel room and planned on how to survive for the week since I just threw away 1000 naira(technically).
As fate would have it, some months later, I ran into her again, this time it was in front of the library I had just stepped out of the library and she appeared to be coming from the library extension, we greeted and somehow I was courageous enough to ask for her phone number and she oblige…She did inform me that she had moved from the hostel and was now staying outside school….cool I thought.
we got calling and texting and before you
knew it, we fall in love (well, I was already in love with her from the first day I saw her). We studied together despite being in different faculties and we hid nothing from each other. I told her about my humble back-ground and how I starved myself after paying for her meshia that night, she was touched and felt it was very romantic…… We continued on our love path and seemed
like destiny favored us….However things
soon got very ugly……This new phase
started with a phone calll. Some guy had
called me sounding very pissed warning
me to take my hands if his girl stating that if he ever saw me with her he was going to chop off my hands….I told Jindu but she said it was probably one of those guys hitting on her…. I was aware other guys even rich ones with flashy cars wanted her but I didn’t bother me much she loved me and I could see it in her eyes so I didn’t bother. But the calls got more rampant and the threat even bigger sometimes it was ending my life or I won’t graduate from school.
Since nobody was doing anything I thought they were just bluffing…. I didn’t know they were watching me, keeping note of my every move until when I slipped. One sunday evening I went to see Jindu at her place and after hours with her I was heading back to the hostel when some guys ambushed me…it was around 8:30P.M everywhere was getting dark…they came on me like bees each slapping me in turn before I could fight I was down they forcefuly gagged me and took me away…..I knew what was goign on…everything was clear now…the calls and threats were real…when they got
somewhere far from ‘civilization’ they
dropped me to the ground.
There was smoke and smell of weed
everywhere and guys all had distinctive
hair cut and beard pattern….’So na you be dy Gbenga….” Before I could respond
another slapp came across my
face….”Foolish boy…...............................READ FULL STORY HERE http://lifestimulus.com/?p=2400

(1) (Reply)

MIRACLE;5 Year Old Girl Who Was Buried Alive By Relatives Rescued By Passerby / What's Wrong With This Pictures? / Ebola Scare :US Federal Air Marshal Attacked With Syringe In Lagos Airport (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.