Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award (2261 Views)

Two Final Year Students Of UNIABUJA Got Engaged At A Departmental Dinner ( PHOTO / Photos/video: LAUTECH Security Officers Engaged In Physical Combat With Bike Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by dealeh: 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
Florent Hall, Under G area Ogbomoso, hosted the Outstanding Students’ Choice Award of Recognition (OSCAR) Lautech 2014. The event which started very late due to some reasons was going smoothly award after award with no chaos till the award for ,most handsome’ came up.

It is important to note that before this award, the nominees of various categories comported themselves, such that it was a ‘No Victor No Vanquished’ situation. Opponents congratulated and embraced themselves in the spirit of sportsmanship.

However, all hell went lose some minutes after the award of ‘Most Handsome’ was presented to the OSCAR Lautech 2014 recipient of the award Anthonio. One of the nominees for the award, a person who is supposed to be a leader, an example for others to follow, disrupted the ensuing peace at the event.

In minutes, the act which the Student Union Government President (SUG), Areo Ajibola Arexzie, described as an “irrational Attitude by a comrade”, brought the event to an unexpected end.

Ladies were seen removing their high-heeled shoes, and gents getting rid of their suits, upon hearing frightening sounds. The security officers at the event could do nothing as other students were trying to prevent a possible fight between the parties involved. Everybody, now outside the hall had something to say about the conduct of the award organizers and the nominees.

Some even talked about the man already having the intention to disrupt the event if he didn’t emerge as winner of the award, while others talked about the credibility of the OSCAR awards itself.

Arexzie, while talking to pressmen said “The organizers of the OSCAR awards have been fair enough, as perfection is with God only. It has been a fair game so far. I would describe what happened as an irrational attitude by a comrade, under the influence of alcohol.
For otherwise he is a friend, A progress-driven one. Myself (Arexzie), Alopay, and Singapore, were nominees for the award of ‘Most influential’ student, but Singapore a 500level student of the department of Agricultural Economics was declared winner. Why didn’t I faint or react? It’s just a game.

I hereby tender an unreserved apology to everyone, for everything this might have caused, for it is indeed a shame that a member of the executive behaved thus.”

Dr. Young, a one-time contestant for the post of SUG president, made it clear that inability to admit defeat is the cause of behaviors as such.

Others commented on the credibility on the credibility of OSCAR coming low compared to the high expections 'Ladokites' had of them.

See More Pics Bellow...

My advice to Ladokites is that we should continue to imbibe the spirit of sportmanship in contests, for intimidation we shall not condone as true ladokites. Rather than beef, we congratulate ourselves, for excellence, integrity, and service remains our watchword.

SOURCE: http://www.zoomnaija.com/2014/08/photos-lautech-student-engaged-physical-combat-award

1 Like

Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by jhydebaba(m): 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
OP, u sure say na fight be this All I can see is scattered chairs after a party. Next time upload broken bottles, blows, jabs, blood stained bodies etc.

11 Likes

Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by Psalmpy(m): 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2014
oga oooo......daddies dey fight each other weytin make pekins do
Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by lirusehn(m): 11:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
bullshit of the highest order undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by HarrveySpecter(m): 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
This your 1980s phone without flash.. haha
Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by Nobody: 3:56am On Aug 24, 2014
So scattered chair is now a proof of chaos? Mtchew.

All this wannabe school sef,trying to form hard-core,whereas they are Justin bieber.

If you want to see hard-core chaos,come Lasu,you go fear fear.

#TeamLasu.
Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by pussyeater(m): 5:11am On Aug 24, 2014
Yomieluv: So scattered chair is now a proof of chaos? Mtchew.

All this wannabe school sef,trying to form hard-core,whereas they are Justin bieber.

#TeamLasu.
Which LASU? Ojo or Epe?
Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by gift01: 7:03am On Aug 24, 2014
one sided story cannot be judged
Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by fr3do(m): 8:08am On Aug 24, 2014
grin undergraduates

1 Like

Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by Mcbussy(m): 8:17am On Aug 24, 2014
fr3do: grin undergraduates

nah so grin

1 Like

Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 24, 2014
All i can see is a probably nice party coming to an end smiley i no knw wich kind yeye fight u dey yan us abt undecided
Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by Dubby6(m): 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
Wetin concern me
If them like make dem kill themselves put, i do no care
Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by haryomikun(m): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
Yomieluv: So scattered chair is now a proof of chaos? Mtchew.

#TeamLasu.
M sori ohhh. Ow about OSU. LASU gan sef no get craze reach my skul o
Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by ademega(m): 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
This is no evidence , anybody could get these set of pix . I can see rants of unhappy excluded and ignore student . A very usual and normal thing for uni
Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by mastiphal25: 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
dat happenn all da time on our uni
[img]http:///juw[/img]
Re: Photos: Lautech Students Engaged In Physical Combat Because Of Award by cirmuell(m): 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
Rubbish angry

(1) (Reply)

List Of Some States In Nigeria And Their Zip Codes / A gun to your head and a phone call if they pick u die if the don't u live who.. / Which Course Is Better Between Crop Science And Animal Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.