Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Is Jam And Butter Used For Food Anymore ? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Jam And Butter Used For Food Anymore ? (841 Views)

Difference Between Butter And Mangerine / Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. / Bread And Butter Versus Bread And Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jam And Butter Used For Food Anymore ? by curiousmind11: 12:34am On Aug 24, 2014
I grow up in the 80's and my dad worked for a multinational in the good old days. I remember using Jam or Butter(Blue Band) to eat most our bread and biscuits. During SAP of IBB regime, all these disappeared as dad was laid off from that job. Now, we are all grown and my siblings have kids of their own. A discussion came up between my brother-in-law and my bros about kids eating bread without jam these days. I went out to look for jam to buy for my nephews and nieces, but I could not find in my supermarkets. I could buy butter but even the sellers viewed me as one "topshot" for buying butter?
My question is "Is Jam exotic to Nigeria?" I know I am not a fan of spreads(butter and jam), but are these for the privileged or just that Nigerians are not into spreads like myself? Do we produce jam in this country?
Re: Is Jam And Butter Used For Food Anymore ? by itstpia1: 2:16am On Aug 24, 2014
You could probably make your own or buy it at one of the stores.
Re: Is Jam And Butter Used For Food Anymore ? by itstpia1: 2:17am On Aug 24, 2014
Are you saying you can't find butter though?
Re: Is Jam And Butter Used For Food Anymore ? by ElFenomeno1: 2:52am On Aug 24, 2014
itstpia1: Are you saying you can't find butter though?

Stop answering a question with a question..... dumb fu...cktard
Re: Is Jam And Butter Used For Food Anymore ? by spicy244(f): 6:18am On Aug 24, 2014
They are still everywia. Its jus that naijarians are scared of Jedi grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Jam And Butter Used For Food Anymore ? by anienge001: 6:57am On Aug 24, 2014
spicy244: They are still everywia. Its jus that naijarians are scared of Jedi grin grin grin grin grin grin

Which of them causes Jedijedi, Jam or butter?

Op, it depends on where U reside. Still sold in supermarkets.
Re: Is Jam And Butter Used For Food Anymore ? by eigmaticme: 10:30am On Aug 24, 2014
Op spreads full everywhere, even in roadside shops
Re: Is Jam And Butter Used For Food Anymore ? by Pavore9: 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
ln those good old days my dad used 2 take us shopping @ Kingsway store @ lkeja G.R.A or Leventis stores along Bank Anthony way lkeja (both don disappear) we used 2 get bread spread like jam, peanut butter & Planta! l thank God sey l don resume am!

(1) (Reply)

See Packaging.. Mother Packs Gala Inside A Study Bible Pack / Prices Of Rice, Beans Rise In Lagos / l love cakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.