Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,499 members, 7,770,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:07 AM

Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. (21083 Views)

How To Eat Meat In Public? / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? / Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Andrew3(m): 2:08pm On Dec 26, 2011
I Dont know what is happening to me. I suddenly started finding it difficult to eat meat. whenever i force ma self to eat i feel like
Am eating human flesh even chicken. I earlier thought it was because of the full chicken i sometimes buy from kfc un butchered.
Now i cant even eat any meat, to an extent i start sympathizing the animal am eating. I feel its canibalism angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

What can i do maybe see a doctor? sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by denzel2009: 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2011
It's because you have fellow human feelings.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by MissyB3(f): 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2011
::Andrew:::

I Dont know what is happening to me. I suddenly started finding it difficult to eat meat. whenever i force ma self to eat i feel like
Am eating human flesh even chicken. I earlier thought it was because of the full chicken i sometimes buy from kfc un butchered.
Now i cant even eat any meat, to an extent i start sympathizing the animal am eating. I feel its canibalism angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

What can i do maybe see a doctor? sad sad sad sad sad sad
Lmao! Same thing happens when I kill an insect.

Others may be able to help you, if this is on the front page . . . . let's see.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Orikinla(m): 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2011
Turn to vegetarian and it is even healthier.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 26, 2011
It seems in the past till now, you have eaten enough meat to last you a lifetime and ur body is signalling you to stop.

I think its time to change ur fleshy diet to something else.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by eunisam: 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2011
must you eat meat?
haba eat watermellon

better eat dry meat.

Do you know how human meat taste?
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by justoneday: 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2011
You are in right health direction, stop forcing urself. meat is not too healthy to human. Go on fish is possible.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2011
Stop thinking about the animal when you eat, distract yourself, maybe watch TV while eating. It is kind of silly to feel like that while eating meat; I mean your pity is not going to bring the animal back to life is it?
You cannot decide to stop eating meat due to animals having life because if that is the case, you will have nothing to consume but water since plants also have life before they are killed and cooked.
So OP, remove the silly pitiful thoughts from your mind and just enjoy your meat.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by sugar001(f): 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2011
Its all about your mind. But seriously, ve you eaten human meat before?
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by sconsults: 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2011
Hating meat may be a sign of stomach cancer.check if u have i swelling on the right side of
Your neck.and see a doctor especially a gastroentrologist for an endoscopy with possible biopsy.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2011
Dont eat meat like for 6 months, u will come back to normal. For now, u are in a vampire mode
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 26, 2011
see a doctor pls
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Andrew3(m): 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2011
kai some nairalanders wicked ooo angry angry angry angry angry

imagine yesterday christmas i no chew any meat angry angry angry
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by skullbaba: 4:50pm On Dec 26, 2011
maybe you should visit meatiologist
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Andrew3(m): 4:55pm On Dec 26, 2011
sconsults:

Hating meat may be a sign of stomach cancer.check if u have i swelling on the right side of
Your neck.and see a doctor especially a gastroentrologist for an endoscopy with possible biopsy.
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Kxy(m): 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2011
It is quite possible that u are a vegetarian.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by lurkee(f): 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2011
No need to force your body to eat something you have lost the taste for. Eat other meats like snail, beef, cow leg and others. When you feel for chicken again then go for it. It is not that difficult.

BTW it is certainly irrational to think it is cannibalism unless you are a chicken yourself  tongue
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Mavor: 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2011
Reminds me of the old days in secondary school boarding house as a junior student. I remember one sat evening I was chasing a wall gecko near my hostel, cornered it and killed it with some stones. All of a sudden, in an instant, I felt heavily remorseful and started crying out of pity for the poor animal. Geckos are generally gentle and cute creatures and the thing did not do anything to harm me, so why did I kill it. Reminds me that the same God who made me also made animals.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Jenifa1: 5:51pm On Dec 26, 2011
maybe you have a sensitive stomach and body that tells you when something is wrong. not too many people listen to their body.
they stuff themselves to death with eating too much food and meat and don't see it coming. it's not good for your health.

justoneday:

You are in right health direction, stop forcing urself. meat is not too healthy to human. Go on fish is possible.

nice advice.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Goldieluks: 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2011
Eat fish for now,until you get back to your usual self.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by 27naira(m): 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2011
OP say the truth and shame the devil grin

you ate your neighbor's dog and pretend not to know what happened when she was crying undecided you're wicked! angry

better confess otherwise, you will never be able to eat meat tongue
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Andrew3(m): 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2011
THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR CANDID ADVICES, I WILL TRY SEA FOOD AND SEE HOW IT GOES. sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by dasparrow: 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2011
@OP
Take a break from meat and eat some fish. Fish is good for you and rich in omega-3. I always thought that most Nigerians consume way to much red meat as well as chicken. Too much of everything is bad so try to cut down on your meat intake and incorporate some fish, shrimp and general seafood into your diet. Better yet, become a vegetarian and an animal rights advocate. After all, animals were created by God just like he created us humans. Think about it.

Mavor:

Reminds me of the old days in secondary school boarding house as a junior student. I remember one sat evening I was chasing a wall gecko near my hostel, cornered it and killed it with some stones. All of a sudden, in an instant, I felt heavily remorseful and started crying out of pity for the poor animal. Geckos are generally gentle and cute creatures and the thing did not do anything to harm me, so why did I kill it. Reminds me that the same God who made me also made animals.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, what a touching story. Glad you learnt your lesson to respect all living creatures. People who are cruel to animals are most likely cruel to human beings as well. So it pays to be nice to all living creatures because the Lord God made them all (like the song goes).
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by NotNairalandi(m): 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2011
start with pkomo first
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Maximip(m): 7:09pm On Dec 26, 2011
yeah! you need to see a doctor for your OCD.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by babyoy(f): 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2011
see your doctor
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by eghost247(m): 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2011
go see a doctor
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 26, 2011
the change in your behavior towards meat may mean more than just changing lifestyle and you think you are eating human meat. guy go check your mental state, lipsrsealed
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by lagcity(m): 9:25pm On Dec 26, 2011
Orikinla:

Turn to vegetarian and it is even healthier.
how's that a better alternative? So cucumbers and carrots aren't living organisms eh? there's no easy way out of this, we simply have to eat other things that once had life cry cry cry.
sometimes, i cry when i see farmers uprooting and killing innocent tubers of yam cheesy cheesy.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by r231(m): 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2011
Go Green

turn to veggie grin grin
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by delpee(f): 9:42pm On Dec 26, 2011
I stopped eating meat few years back and feel much better taking fish. Fish is lighter, gentler on the stomach and rich in some valuable minerals. Eat more vegetables too. I do feel healthier without red meat in particular. Meat takes much longer to digest and IMO its okay for young people who are still growing but not so wise as we grow older.
Re: Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. by lagcity(m): 9:44pm On Dec 26, 2011
r231:

Go Green

turn to veggie grin grin

murderer!! angry angry angry
why do you want to eat little innocent vegetables? I say eat more chicken!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Make My Fried Rice Look Green? / Are some retailers deliberately hiking prices? Whats happening In Nigeria? / When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.