Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,908 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

A US Veteran's Response To The Beheading Of Foley - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A US Veteran's Response To The Beheading Of Foley (988 Views)

Protesters Storm Saudi Embassy In Tehran, Set It Ablaze Over Beheading Of Cleric / Boko Haram Video Shows Beheading Of Nigeria Pilot / Breaking News!! ISIS Video Shows Beheading Of American Journalist Steven Sotloff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A US Veteran's Response To The Beheading Of Foley by Pffft: 6:14am On Aug 24, 2014
As Obama continues to bounce the ball
meaninglessly all over the court, leave it to a US
soldier to get a slam dunk!
A Marine Corps veteran sent an unmistakable
message this week, via social media, to the
“cowardly” Islamic State terrorists in the Middle
East: ”You attack us and there will be no mercy.
We will bring the righteous hand of God down
upon you and crush you. ”
The powerful post has gone viral and was
reportedly written by Nick Powers, identified as a
Marine vet who served in Iraq by American Live
Wire, in response to the beheading of American
journalist James Foley.
“To all you ignorant Islamic extremist f**ks. As
I sit here constantly hearing and watching you
execute innocent men, women and children in
the Middle East I chuckle. Why do I chuckle you
may ask? Well let me explain something to you
cowardice fools who think you are so tough
behind all your propaganda videos. You are
scaring a population that doesn’t know how to
fight, you’re bullying the weak. You say Islam is
the religion of peace,but since when does
terrorizing the innocent and beheading men,
women and children constitute peace? WTF?
But keep in mind, what did Saddam’s troops do
when we came rolling into town? They
surrendered, twice… So all your empty threats
of coming to America and raising your flag over
the White House amuse me more than any of
you sick, sadistic bastards could ever imagine
or comprehend. In 2012 there was about 21.2
million veterans in the United States. Do you
understand what that means? Let me break it
down for you. That means there are literally
millions of disgruntled, dysfunctional, pissed off
veterans who have been dealing with years of
abuse from their government stabbing them in
the backs and having to watch their friends die
because you Islamic extremist idiots can’t seem
to act like normal human beings and stop
terrorism and the violence. It’s one thing to
take over an Islamic state, but if my memory
serves me correctly, I’m pretty sure we plowed
through Fallujah in 4 days. Better yet, it took us
about month to control your entire country. At
this point, with 13+ years of war under our
belts, how long do you think it would take us to
do it all over again? I’ll let you draw your own
conclusions on that one. Do you really think you
stand a chance on US soil? Do you really think
it would be smart to poke that bear?
Remember, never bite the hand that feeds you.
Remember we are armed to the teeth in the US
and I can promise you this… the Geneva
Conventions will not apply to you. You attack
us and there will be no mercy. We will bring the
righteous hand of God down upon you and
crush you. The ball is in your court now ISIS.
We are more than ready to arrange your so
called “meeting” with your 72 virgins and send
you to your “prophet” Mohamed.”
- Nick Powers
UPDATE: To all who read this and assume this
is against all Muslims, I am sorry you are too
blind to read, this isn’t against Muslims in
general. If you feel otherwise I suggest you
look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself
one question, am I an extremist? You say Islam
is the religion of peace, since when does
terrorizing the innocent (beheading women and
children, wtf?) mean peace? This is directed at
all extremist, if this offends/makes you angry or
think I am racist you are are probably an
extremist…

Source: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/08/22/forget-obamas-dribble-youll-want-to-read-this-us-marine-veterans-powerful-response-to-beheading-140392

4 Likes

Re: A US Veteran's Response To The Beheading Of Foley by caniva(m): 6:45am On Aug 24, 2014
You try sha! But what is US doing in their Land? Why is RUSSIA and other superpowers not in support of Iraq invasion during Saddam Hussein's reign? Where are the purported Nuclear WEAPONS? shocked
Re: A US Veteran's Response To The Beheading Of Foley by Tymax(m): 9:14am On Aug 24, 2014
Well, this is not the official position of the US govt. Had it been an official statement, the world would be at war again. Yes, the US is capable of bringing devastation upon the terrorists but they won't.

Diplomacy is that tenuous thread keeping the world from another full scale war. And Obama is trying to douse the smouldering fire.
Re: A US Veteran's Response To The Beheading Of Foley by hushmail: 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
ISIS in middle east BH in 9ja

its time d whole world rise up n fight extremism everywhere
Re: A US Veteran's Response To The Beheading Of Foley by Ekundayo7: 2:21am On Aug 26, 2014
Tymax: Well, this is not the official position of the US govt. Had it been an official statement, the world would be at war again. Yes, the US is capable of bringing devastation upon the terrorists but they won't.

Diplomacy is that tenuous thread keeping the world from another full scale war. And Obama is trying to douse the smouldering fire.
And they won't because of the genuflecting Muslim in the White House Odumbo; the lapdog of the Saudis; the one who handed over the latest in military hardware to the terrorists; the one who released the nightmare Gitmo 5 in return for 1 deserter Muslim apologist soldier; the one who disarmed soldiers and military on base as they might "hurt" themselves hence the Fort Hood Massacre by another Muslim terrorist, yeah THAT eeediot president, pretty much on par with GEJ...

1 Like

Re: A US Veteran's Response To The Beheading Of Foley by EMANY01(m): 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ekundayo7:
And they won't because of the genuflecting Muslim in the White House Odumbo; the lapdog of the Saudis; the one who handed over the latest in military hardware to the terrorists; the one who released the nightmare Gitmo 5 in return for 1 deserter Muslim apologist soldier; the one who disarmed soldiers and military on base as they might "hurt" themselves hence the Fort Hood Massacre by another Muslim terrorist, yeah THAT eeediot president, pretty much on par with GEJ...

I couldn't have said it better except for the part where you paired him with GEJ.
Obama has in his hands the ability to rain almost instantaneous death and destruction to terrorists but what does he do ? He draws ineffectual red lines and is to whimpy to take action afterwards.He criticized the measures his predecessor took and now being faced with the same threats instead of admitting he was wrong ,he traps him self with political correctness.
GEJ at least admits the threats against him and the government and is acting within the CURRENT capacity of the military.I agree the the military is under equipped bit one thin we seem to ignore is the fact that until 1999 the military was a family hegemony which has resulted in a generation of commanders who lack the imagination and intelligence their command requires.People also like to rant about BokoHaram being allegedly better armed than the military but ignore reports (lots of them over the years) of military and police armories being attacked and robbed.So BokoHarams "superior arms" are actually ours.

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Plans To Build $100billion Nuclear Power Stations / Man Saved By His Phone In Paris Attacks(photos) / Hillary R. Clinton Makes History As First female Democratic Presidential Nominee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.