Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,001 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

15 Biggest Employers In The World. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 15 Biggest Employers In The World. (40286 Views)

Declassified CIA Documents Detail How To Sabotage Employers, Annoy Bosses / FG Unveils New Tax Incentives For Investors, Employers / High Paying Jobs That Remain Unfilled.employers Are Still Searching! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Biggest Employers In The World. by Nanook: 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
The NHS in the UK has 1.4m employees.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12819538
Re: 15 Biggest Employers In The World. by yoribo: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
To my opinion this statistics is note correct, most of all this companies listed here are not in Nigeria, how about coka cola that has plants all over the world. will they be able to count people working in coka cola in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 15 Biggest Employers In The World. by vislabraye(m): 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
These companies are big. I,m surprised that Walmart is richer than the oil and gas companies on the list.

But the companies with the fewest employees pay best.
Re: 15 Biggest Employers In The World. by cronsberg: 5:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
The largest company by revenue Goldman sachs (the bank that rules the world). Its revenue exceeds $960 billion dollars shocked shocked . That bank can buy countries if it wants. Sometimes i wonder when these western companies started and advanced to such levels, while we are here still struggling with the basics, how did they get such marvelous ideas to start those giants at the time when we were still in bushes without cloths. Mehn we have a looooooooonnnnng way to go
Re: 15 Biggest Employers In The World. by Hafyz23(m): 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
moneyhungry: jizos!!!
when I clicked on 'reply' I was number 2. but before I could submit, I was number 22!!
what a speed?!!
where are we speeding to?.
grin
when I clicked on 'reply' I was number 2. but before I could submit, I was number 22!!
what a speed?!!
u funny pass basketmouth. hahaha
Re: 15 Biggest Employers In The World. by Unubi(f): 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
godofpc: What about dangote I believe he should be on the list, is he not big enough
I think they are talking of sustainable employment with living wage here.
Re: 15 Biggest Employers In The World. by Teeyeh(m): 7:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
where is luthercorp and lexcorp of smallville ?
Re: 15 Biggest Employers In The World. by ayox2003: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Agimor: 1. Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
> Total employees:2,200,000
> Revenue:$476.3 billion
> Country:United States
> Industry:Retail
Wal-Mart Stores is the world’s largest employer. The retailer operates Walmart, Sam’s Club, and other chains, which together employ some 2.2 million people globally. Of that total, roughly 1.4 million were employed in the U.S. alone at the end of the company’s fiscal year. This accounted for notable share of the U.S. labor force, which totaled slightly more than 156 million people as of July. Outside the U.S., the retailer employs more than 200,000 people in Mexico, and nearly 170,000 at its Asda chain in the U.K. However, the company has also inspired fierce debate over its labor practices, with some claiming that Wal-Mart’s pay is too low to constitute a livable wage, and others arguing that Wal-Mart provides jobs to low-skilled workers with few options.
Culled from
http://247wallst.com/special-report/2014/08/21/15-biggest-employers-in-the-world/4/

Not surprised. Wal-Mart is Number One on this year's Fortune 500 coys.

Frawzey
Re: 15 Biggest Employers In The World. by ayox2003: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
Tazmode: To get employment 4 dis kind companies, ur c.v go thick like handbook. grin

Lol. Wal-Mart doesn't require a "thick" CV for the common jobs where most of these employees lie.

Frawzey
Re: 15 Biggest Employers In The World. by oluwanoni: 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
English language is our problem in naija...op said biggest employer....not best paid or highest paid...that means they employ alot of individuals, that's why china coy tops most of the list.

1 Like

Re: 15 Biggest Employers In The World. by SenatorJames(m): 6:40am On Aug 27, 2014
what a speed?!!
Buhari wants to run
Tambuwa is intrested in running
Okorocha wants to run
Ameachi is running
Jonathan will run
Atiku said he wants to run

So I dont see any harm there, if any Nairaland decide to run (speed). We are all Nigerians.

Dont tell me you dont know that FTC is like a presidential seat here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Best Answer For "How Did You Get My Number?" / Step By Steps To Open Fiverr Account And Create Best Selling Gigs / Cosmas Maduka Covers Forbes Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.