Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

NFF Needs N20m To Play Congo, S/africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Needs N20m To Play Congo, S/africa (648 Views)

Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Nigeria’s Under-23 To Play Congo July 19th In The New Rivers State Stadium-photo / Congo Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers (0 - 2) ON 15th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Needs N20m To Play Congo, S/africa by Youngzedd(m): 12:10am On Aug 25, 2014
Secretary General of the Nigeria Football Federation, Musa Amadu is growing grey hairs over where to get money to prosecute the 2015 African Cup of Nations double header against the Red Devils of Congo and Bafana Bafana of South Africa next month

The Super Eagles would confront the Red Devils of Congo in Calabar on September 9 and travel to Cape Town, South Africa to play Bafana Bafana on September 6.

Musa Amadu
Musa Amadu
Amadu said that Nigeria would need a whopping N20 million to prosecute the two matches but was at cross roads over where the money would come from.

The elections of the Executive board of the Nigeria Football Federation which holds tomorrow appears to have taken the front burner over the two Nations Cup qualifiers and Amadu does not feel comfortable with that.

‘’It is sad that nobody is talking about the matches. Everybody is talking about the elections. As we speak, we don’t have a coach to over-see the players who have been called to camp for the matches. It is worrisome. These qualifiers are important and deserve attention but the elections are not helping in this matter’’, Amadu said.

Speaking too, former scribe of the NFA, Dr Tijani Yusuf decried the fight for the soul of Nigerian football over the matches in the qualifiers. ‘’Nobody is talking about the matches and they still have no coach to supervise the matches. Instead, what we hear every day are pretenders who call themselves stakeholders scrambling for positions.”
Re: NFF Needs N20m To Play Congo, S/africa by Youngzedd(m): 12:11am On Aug 25, 2014
Re: NFF Needs N20m To Play Congo, S/africa by lormarx: 12:17am On Aug 25, 2014
They need $2 to play my
Re: NFF Needs N20m To Play Congo, S/africa by Goke7: 8:45am On Aug 25, 2014
what about the money fifa gave them from the world cup and all the sponsorship money from adidas, nff is bunch of clowns i tell u and some guys will come here and defend them, just over a month after world cup and these guys are looking for 20M, no wonder they are ready to kill themselves over elections into the burnt glass house.
Re: NFF Needs N20m To Play Congo, S/africa by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2014
They should write sepp blatter and ask for money
Re: NFF Needs N20m To Play Congo, S/africa by Newiw85: 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: NFF Needs N20m To Play Congo, S/africa by drstan(m): 10:52am On Aug 26, 2014
They should borrow from fifa,
Re: NFF Needs N20m To Play Congo, S/africa by Adewest44(m): 11:35am On Aug 26, 2014
money or no money dat is 4 d NFF, All I'm concern abt is 2 see ds country participating in 2015 nations cup
Re: NFF Needs N20m To Play Congo, S/africa by iconize(m): 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
Please has NFF hired us a new coach or renewed Keshi's contract?
Re: NFF Needs N20m To Play Congo, S/africa by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
I need me a pair of glasses. cool..

I thought the title of this thread was....

NFF needs N20m to shine Kongo in South Africa..

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool's Coach Bredren Rodgers Should Stop Acting As A Mid Level Coach / I Was Not Sacked, You Can't Sack Someone Without A Contract-steven Keshi / Meet Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend On A Rare Red Carpet Appearance – Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.