Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Nigeria’s Under-23 To Play Congo July 19th In The New Rivers State Stadium-photo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria’s Under-23 To Play Congo July 19th In The New Rivers State Stadium-photo (1172 Views)

Arsenal To Sign Nwakali Chukwueze Nigeria Under 17 Starlets / Nigeria Under-17 Star Victor Osimhen Completes Spurs Move / Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Under-23 To Play Congo July 19th In The New Rivers State Stadium-photo by Maxtermind(m): 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
The Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium cost N24 billion (about $126.3 million) while the cost of constructing the entire complex is put at N31 billion (about $163.1 million).

Dream Team chief coach, Samson Siasia, is satisfied with the quality of the playing surface at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium, Port Harcourt.
The stadium is set to play host to Sunday’s 2016 Olympic football qualifier between Nigeria and Congo and Siasia was left impressed after his team trained at the facility for the first time on Monday.
This is the first time I am seeing the pitch because we had been training at the Shell Club (also in Port Harcourt) since we arrived from Abuja.
“I am very impressed with how well the stadium has been maintained and especially the pitch which is very very good,” Siasia said on Monday.
Spokesman of the team, Timi Ebikagboro, also shared in the coach’s optimism.
“I have visited virtually all stadia in Nigeria and I make bold to say that apart from the pitch at Akwa Ibom International Stadium in Uyo, none is as good as this.
“Good pitches produce good football and I am sure we will get a good result on Sunday,” he said.
Nigeria’s U 23s will face their Congolese counterparts at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium on July 19.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1424152_port_stadium_3_jpg4b9207c23d51830a1ad9db43870c5d35

The Rivers State Government has graciously made these plans to see that we have a full stadium on Sunday,
Iyaye said.

Players and officials of the Dream Team have been training with verve and vigour in Port Harcourt for over a week as they look to put Congo to the sword.

Siasia says his charges are set for the kill.

[size=15pt]http://www.nairawall.com/rivers/port-harcourt/news/sport/836[/size]
Re: Nigeria’s Under-23 To Play Congo July 19th In The New Rivers State Stadium-photo by 1bunne4lif(m): 2:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria’s Under-23 To Play Congo July 19th In The New Rivers State Stadium-photo by DickDastardly(m): 2:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
Mtcheeeeew!
Re: Nigeria’s Under-23 To Play Congo July 19th In The New Rivers State Stadium-photo by dammylohlah: 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
Amaechi I see ur handwork. to hell with haters
Re: Nigeria’s Under-23 To Play Congo July 19th In The New Rivers State Stadium-photo by Krasid(m): 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
Isn't the stadium still under construction?
Re: Nigeria’s Under-23 To Play Congo July 19th In The New Rivers State Stadium-photo by Icon4s(m): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
@ least op u could have done better by posting d pix of d completed stadium. There is a pix of d stadiun on Supersport.com
Re: Nigeria’s Under-23 To Play Congo July 19th In The New Rivers State Stadium-photo by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
Atleast where to play football is not a problem in nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Predict And Win N10,000 Free With Naijabet.com! / WWE Raw 30.november.2015 Full Show, Results, Monday Night Raw All Fights, Video / Arsenal Vs. Chelsea 2016: Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.