Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help (3683 Views)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia / My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by allisonluvsu(m): 7:20am On Aug 25, 2014
Thanks guys, they called me some hour ago to apologize for the inconvenience and my Konga ewallet has been credited with the appropriate sum. Konga also rewarded me with 2k shopping voucher. Don't be discourage, when they act dat way, Nairaland is there for you to lay your complaint dat can be heard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have called yet no reasonable reply, text, emailed but got no reply; Please Nairalanders I need your help.

For the past one month and two 2 weeks and still counting, Konga.com has failed to deliver my goods or even refund my money or credit my wallet. Imagine this case; I bought a fridge from Konga on the 16th day of July 2014 using the “Pay On Delivery” method. As usual, it took them up to 8 days to get my goods delivered.

On the evening of Thursday, the 24th of July, I got the package and I was so disappointed with what i saw. The picture of the fridge I saw online and that which was delivered to me was completely different. I was like “ I think Konga has made a mistake.” The next line of action I took was to confirm the picture of the fridge I saw online with that I was having physically to be sure my eyes were not deceiving me.

Sure it was not. Konga.com delivered a totally wrong and defected fridge to me." I said to myself"

See the picture of the fridge delivered below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1651522_fridge_1_jpegcf55fd9d86f01a375daf7cff962d19ad

And see the picture of the fridge I ordered for below:

[img]http:///media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/140x160/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/f/sfr50__23172_std_11523.png[/img]

N/B: Please see link at http:///refrigerators/scanfrost-bar-refrigerator-sfr50. I later noticed that the picture posted there is different from the spec. A fault from there end which they have failed to correct even uptil now.

Without wasting much time I called the customer care and I was directed to send a mail immediately to help@konga.com explaining the problem and pictures of the wrongly delivered fridge I was having. I was surprise when I got no reply after four days. It was then I knew that Konga had a problem with responding to customers quickly.

I took to my twitter handle and tweeted at them, and they kept on replying me with “We are currently processing your request.” My dear Nairalanders, can you believe that I have spent quite a lot of money in purchasing credit to call Konga without this matter being resolved uptil now.

Fortunately two weeks later, I was able to get them to send package back to the courier service they used for the delivery of the goods. He came to my house on the 2nd of August 2014 and requested the fridge. Luckily, It was the same guy who delivered the goods to me, I called them to confirm that the goods has been returned and they can either credit my wallet so I can make a fresh order.

Dear friends, Is upto four weeks plus the additional wasted two weeks and nobody seems to be giving me any call, mail or even time. They seem to have forgotten me. I have wasted too much credit calling without my problem solved and I know all this is the cause of a poor customer care.

I really want you guys to help me out to publish it where they can see it. Since they have refuse to hear me out secretly, I think they should give me consideration openly. I have about N19,250 in there custody.

They should know that they have made a mistake by posting a wrong picture of a fridge and apparently I am a victim of this error.

Whenever I call there customer service, I will be asked to explain the details of the problem from afresh and that consumes my Airtime a lot. The customer rep, especially the females seems not to be on the listening side as they would not allow me finish before they jump into conclusion. THIS IS MY ORDER NUMBER F223713546001

Please mods, admins, help me out Please. It is so painful.

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by allisonluvsu(m): 7:33am On Aug 25, 2014
Please help me. I want them to see this so my matter can be solved. I am really tired
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by Dreal1247: 7:40am On Aug 25, 2014
This is the second time i am reading this type of complain against this very company. If they know the possible effect on their business, they wont allow you to post this online. This should have been achievable through attending duly to the issue before getting to this level. For me, with this development, i wont even dream of doing business with them. Prevention is better than cure.
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by soki2ng(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2014
Buy Fridge on Konga? oh boy - You no know road to Port harcourt?

All the items i've bought from Konga so far are portable stuff and haven't had any issue like this except one iPhone charger + Cable they claimed was an Original from Apple. It refused to charge at all (displays not charging).
I think it's all these third-party Merchants Konga has allowed to list items that are causing these problems.

I'm really sorry to hear this situation they've put you into.
If they're serious about business in Nigeria, they'd beef up customer support, resolve cases with immediate "Alacrity" and take actions to prevent future occurance.

Instead of posting a Pic of the item, could you post the Link of the item so we see more details about it like brand, Model number, full spec of what you ordered and what you got. (just to clear doubt).

I'll personally Tweet this at them and hope they contact you soon.

Let's hope this matter is handled quickly and you come back here to testify so that others won't be scared of doing business with Konga because i'm ordering an HP 2000 laptop (Mildred's laptop) next week from same Konga.

It's a pity they let it come to this.
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 25, 2014
Despite people's experience in online trading,you went ahead again to do.

You dey form Boss,can't you go get it from retailers near you,than saddle with this headache.

Go to there office near you.
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by allisonluvsu(m): 8:04am On Aug 25, 2014
i am full of regrets bro
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by mikeywise(m): 8:08am On Aug 25, 2014
I don't get u at OP, u said it's pay on delivery, did u pay before getting the fridge?
maybe i don't understand how "pay on delivery" works

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by allisonluvsu(m): 8:17am On Aug 25, 2014
mikeywise: I don't get u at OP, u said it's pay on delivery, did u pay before getting the fridge?
i paid wen d goods was delivered. And later opted 2 return it because it was d wrong product and beside dat, i noticed some defects
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by halfcurren: 8:18am On Aug 25, 2014
I had similar experience last month - with Konga; I had ordered and paid for HTC phone. It took several weeks of calling and shouting before I eventually got my order. As far as I am concerned, those guys are not serious and I doubt if they are ready for business. I don't even bother to use them again.
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by IamGodzilla: 8:19am On Aug 25, 2014
If its pay on delivery, why did you pay for what you didn't want?
*i had same issue with a phone, they brought something different, and I told the guy they should take their thing back. And I went to slot to get my thing, that I could see with my eye, instead of waiting long, and they would bring crap to my doorstep.

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by manmustwac(m): 8:20am On Aug 25, 2014
mikeywise: I don't get u at OP, u said it's pay on delivery, did u pay before getting the fridge?
pay on delivery means that when the goods were delivered to his doorstep he paid for them. Next time he should open, look and check the products before paying on delivery to avoid such disappointment cry
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by IamGodzilla: 8:27am On Aug 25, 2014
manmustwac: pay on delivery means that when the goods were delivered to his doorstep he paid for them. Next time he should open, look and check the products before paying on delivery to avoid such disappointment cry
True that! Plus a fridge would be in a carton, and to open the carton you have to pay for it first.. But same same, konga is messed up.
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by allisonluvsu(m): 8:49am On Aug 25, 2014
soki2ng: Buy Fridge on Konga? oh boy - You no know road to Port harcourt?

All the items i've bought from Konga so far are portable stuff and haven't had any issue like this except one iPhone charger + Cable they claimed was an Original from Apple. It refused to charge at all (displays not charging).
I think it's all these third-party Merchants Konga has allowed to list items that are causing these problems.

I'm really sorry to hear this situation they've put you into.
If they're serious about business in Nigeria, they'd beef up customer support, resolve cases with immediate "Alacrity" and take actions to prevent future occurance.

Instead of posting a Pic of the item, could you post the Link of the item so we see more details about it like brand, Model number, full spec of what you ordered and what you got. (just to clear doubt).

I'll personally Tweet this at them and hope they contact you soon.

Let's hope this matter is handled quickly and you come back here to testify so that others won't be scared of doing business with Konga because i'm ordering an HP 2000 laptop (Mildred's laptop) next week from same Konga.

It's a pity they let it come to this.

Please see link at http:///refrigerators/scanfrost-bar-refrigerator-sfr50. I later noticed that the picture posted was different from the spec. A fault from there end
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by allisonluvsu(m): 9:05am On Aug 25, 2014
manmustwac: pay on delivery means that when the goods were delivered to his doorstep he paid for them. Next time he should open, look and check the products before paying on delivery to avoid such disappointment cry

Even the courier service personnel was in a haste, and before i opened d package, he had already left. This case is entering its 7th week now and they are still giving me " Hold on, while we run a process" grammar. Instead of seeing that this issue is solved. If they had solved this thing earlier without me spending more money making calls i never bargained for, then i think this would have not gotten to this level. All i want is for dem to stop keeping me waiting and resolve my issue. 7 weeks is alot to solve a common problem.
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by Robinson3d: 9:13am On Aug 25, 2014
Sorry about that my guy. konga just lacks one thing, and that is "Good Customer care," is just too poor. I bet you, they have forgotten about this case and there competitor (Jumia) also suffers same.My prayer is dat dey learn to resolve issues like this as quick as possible. Advertising ur company takes it to ten persons, but when those ten persons make referals about ur service, they may fetch u an additional 50 persons. Advise to Konga, satisfy your customer first before spitting ur adverts all ova d place.

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by bigtt76(f): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2014
Hahaha ...fridge na fridge na grin This na one chance shaaa! But wait since it was Pay on Delivery ....did you not see the difference before making the payment? I guess that was the essence of having 'Pay on Delivery' option. Please contact them though I doubt if there would be change.

To all other intending buyers on Konga, Jumia and other sites - please note that these sites and others alike reserve the right to change any product advertised to the one delivered without informing the buyer (this should be in their terms and conditions I guess). Bottomline ....read carefully before going into a deal with them.

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by Robinson3d: 9:21am On Aug 25, 2014
bigtt76: Hahaha ...fridge na fridge na grin This na one chance shaaa! But wait since it was Pay on Delivery ....did you not see the difference before making the payment? I guess that was the essence of having 'Pay on Delivery' option. Please contact them though I doubt if there would be change.

To all other intending buyers on Konga, Jumia and other sites - please note that these sites and others alike reserve the right to change any product advertised to the one delivered without informing the buyer (this should be in their terms and conditions I guess). Bottomline ....read carefully before going into a deal with them.
according to the OP, d fridge has been returned for the past 3 weeks but no reply,refund or replacement.
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by allisonluvsu(m): 9:28am On Aug 25, 2014
Yea you are right.
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by strangest(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2014
@op You paid for a white elephant... you should have seen what your were paying for before you released payment... beside, you should also know that konga paid for the item to be transported to you and I wont blame them if they dont refund your full payment... i am not a konga agent but I also fault you... as a business man, i always see NO REFUND AFTER PAYMENT written on receipts
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by titoetal(m): 10:08am On Aug 25, 2014
Get in touch with Consumer Protection Council on 08034003326, 08056002020; e-mail: cpcnigeria@yahoo.co.uk.

I once had issues with both Jumia and Konga. That of Konga cost me money and time before I got my refund. That was my last online shopping in Nigeria sometime last year. Since then, I have made more than seven (7) virtual shopping outside the country and are safely, timely and correctly delivered.
It goes to show that they don't value their customers as seen once there's an issue.
It's very painful but I was ready for them cos I recorded every conversation I had with them.

Try harder bros.
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by gmacnoms(m): 10:22am On Aug 25, 2014
U b small pikin. Dem point gun make u pay? POD... U chk it properly be4 u pay. Y u go pay 4 wetin u no check? U dey vex me jare. Bt since dey clkted it bak, dey shud av returnded ur moni na. BTW, people wey dey sell fridge nor full ur area, y u nor go directly. Konga kor, konga ni.
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by mikeywise(m): 10:38am On Aug 25, 2014
strangest: @op You paid for a white elephant... you should have seen what your were paying for before you released payment... beside, you should also know that konga paid for the item to be transported to you and I wont blame them if they dont refund your full payment... i am not a konga agent but I also fault you... as a business man, i always see NO REFUND AFTER PAYMENT written on receipts

on the bolded, why will the op made to pay for Konga's mistake?
the mistake was made by Konga, so they should bear the cost 100%.(that's if at all it wasn't intentional).
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by dridowu: 10:58am On Aug 25, 2014
allisonluvsu:
i paid wen d goods was delivered. And later opted 2 return it because it was d wrong product and beside dat, i noticed some defects
in my opinion i think you should have checked the goods properly before paying the driver that brought the goods no matter how hurry the driver is.
Keeping on spamming their facebook and twitter page persistently till God sent customer answer you.
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by allisonluvsu(m): 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
Thanks guys, they called me few hours ago to apologize for the inconvenience and my Konga ewallet has also been credited with the appropriate sum. Konga also rewarded me with 2k shopping voucher. Don't be discourage, when they act dat way, Nairaland is there for you to lay your complaint dat can be heard.I guess a client of there stumbled on this thread

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by boladez(m): 7:02am On Oct 03, 2014
Unfortunately Konga's services have dwindled fast within the last few months they are as bad as Jumia now!

What ever you do....don't pay until you see your goods.

They used to be very efficient but somewhere along the line, they lost the plot badly.

Kara is still smaller and more efficient.
Re: My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help by Catalyst007(m): 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
BUYING GUIDE :LIST OF ALL TECNO SMARTPHONES ON KONGA WITH THEIR SPECIFICATIONS...

http://onlineshopping-productreviews..com/2015/06/Tecno-smartphones-comparison-hierarchy.html

(1) (Reply)

Who Has A Bet9ja Agent Account For Sale? / Bureau Of Public Procurement? I'd Like To Know More On BPP101 Pls / Little Known Ways Nigeria's Richest Pastors Made And Are Making Their Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.