Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Bureau Of Public Procurement? I'd Like To Know More On BPP101 Pls - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bureau Of Public Procurement? I'd Like To Know More On BPP101 Pls (3688 Views)

Nigeria, China Currency Swap Forces USD Rate Down: Bureau De Change Association / Chrisvicmall Customer Service (Pay Your Supplier Within 24 to 72 working hours) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bureau Of Public Procurement? I'd Like To Know More On BPP101 Pls by jeremy411(m): 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2008
i was saw a newspaper advert session talking about the bureau of public procurement. i don't seem to understand what the bureau is all about and why it is incorporated.
Re: Bureau Of Public Procurement? I'd Like To Know More On BPP101 Pls by tiwiex(m): 2:39pm On Dec 22, 2008
Hello,
On the BPP. I know what they do. But what you say about them being incorporated is another kettle entirely.

My impression of the bureau is the impression I have of the power wielded by the CBN in the financial sector. The BPP is meant to act as the law enforcer for Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in ensuring fairness in public procurement. I suspect an average employee of the agency is yet to read the Act or else, why are they sleeping. This is just like NAFDAC acts as an enforcement agency in food and drugs control. I am sure NAFDAC needs no introduction. You see what I mean?

The primary argument for setting up the BPP is to help reduce the high level of corruption due to the obvious fact that corruption in the public sector is due to the lack of transparency in award of contracts. The BPP should be an agency on fire at this trying moment in our country’s history. As a matter of fact, the fear of the BPP should be the beginning of wisdom as far as public sector procurement is concerned. Just as the fear of the EFCC is (was) the beginning of wisdom for corrupt public officials.

The BPP should set procurement and vendor management standards. They should have a checklist of expectations across MDAs which would be verified on a quarterly basis. Just like the CBN does with Banks.

I really don't think the BPP was set up to achieve its objectives. The DG was a controversial choice. The bureau has not functional website. I doubt if they have a plan.

As far as being incorporated, I am a bit lost there. Does that mean it is some sort of Ltd coy. Interesting.

I was priviledged to be in their office sometime ago. I was forced to put my thoughts in writing. If you are interested, I would be glad to share it. You can send me a mail on tiwiex@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Who Want To Invests In Apple Fruits Business, Buy In Wholesale, Or Start A Biz? / Make Thousands of dollars Monthly on Fiverr Selling Digital Services / Investment Or Savings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.