Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Manners, Attire, And Deportment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Manners, Attire, And Deportment (655 Views)

COO, Mohammed Jameel Leaves Glo Over Mike Adenuga’s Bad Manners / Sms Ettiquettes Or Manners / Etiquette,manners & Elocution Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manners, Attire, And Deportment by kingsangoda: 9:38am On Aug 25, 2014
Manners, Attire, And Deportment http:///1zqUjKv

If one is willing to spend four to six years learning a profession, why not take another week
or two and learn a few principles about clothes, manners, and the art of conversation? Even if
there has been no formal education, why not learn some of the fundamental rules of society
that might readily assist your landing a job in the first place, or moving up the corporate
ladder in the second place?

Nothing is more potent in a man’s arsenal of attributes than first, knowledge, of course, but
secondly, good manners. Seems to me a great many people only go half way preparing
themselves for the business world.

If you counted the times you say "please" in a day in relation to the number of requests you
make of your employees, telephone operators, store clerks, whomever, I would bet you could
increase your usage of the word tenfold.

Some manners greatly influence how happily and productively people carry out your
directives. Ask and you shall receive; demand and you will get less. If your approach sounds
more like reproach, you will get back a lot less still.

A common bad manner—interrupting someone while he is speaking—is a conversational
habit that diminishes a lot of people’s images in my eyes. This is a tactless and frustrating
insult to the person speaking.

Many a person’s conversation is limited to one subject: "me." Nothing is as boring or
impolite as verbally bombarding a listener with trivia about yourself.

Three physical habits either particularly impress me or completely turn me off, respectively,
upon first meeting a person. First and foremost, a firm or limp handshake. Second, looking
me in the eye while speaking or listening to me—or gazing out at the steno pool. Third, good
or poor posture.

Manners, Attire, And Deportment http:///1zqUjKv

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, Brazil Sign Mou Onn144bn 700MW Power Plant Tobe Built In Bayelsa / Jadol-lee Soccerbet Punting Zone / How To Start Simple Importation Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.