Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! (10863 Views)

PTDF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM 2010 / List Of Shortlisted Ptdf Scholarship Cand. Is Out! / Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by titones: 11:03am On Oct 24, 2008
The selection for the PTDF OSS is an annual process. The whole process from application through to selection is administered and managed by the PTDF; therefore please check the PTDF website for information on application form availability.

How the Application is Advertised

The PTDF places an advert in the national press in Nigeria announcing the next round of applications for the Overseas Scholarship Scheme. This is for both MSc and PhD programmes. Please check the website and at www.ptdfnigeria.com/ptdf for information regarding the release of the application forms.

The advert will inform you of all relevant details of where, in each Nigerian state, application forms can be obtained.

The Selection Process

This is the first step in the application procedure. From the applications received a selected number will be invited to sit an exam. On the basis of the results of the exam the final selection will be made. The list of successful candidates for the scholarship will be published on the PTDF website and in the national press.

Please note Univation Ltd is not involved in the application and selection process. This is decided by the PTDF alone.

Courses Funded by PTDF

This may vary from year to year, please view the list of recent courses.

Criteria for acceptance on to the OSS Programme

The following is the criteria you must meet in order to be eligible for the OSS programme:

Hold a first degree in Engineering, Geosciences, Science & Environmental Studies
This must be a minimum of a 2.1
You must have completed your NYSC
Be no more than 30 years of age for MSc and 40 years of age for PhD
Must be a Nigerians national
Hold a credit in English Language in SSCE or required pass mark in TOEFL or IELTS
Be computer literate
Paperwork required to be submitted along with your application

Copies of degree certificates and official transcripts of first degree ( and any subsequent degrees)
English Language certificate.
Two academic references.
PhD applicants should also include a research proposal if required

IF YOU ARE 2.2 GRADUATE AND STILL NEEDS TO STUDY OVERSEAS FOR MSC AND PHD. SIMPLY [B]CLICK HERE[/B]
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by blinx4real(m): 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2008
The advert has been out since last week thursday, however we can't seem to get the form anywhere, and the recommended website is also empty!! is there some foul play going on here?
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by titones: 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2008
thanks
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by titones: 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2008
how far!
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by contactuzo(m): 10:54am On Nov 01, 2008
blinx4real:

The advert has been out since last week thursday, however we can't seem to get the form anywhere, and the recommended website is also empty!! is there some foul play going on here?

oga
dont be in a hurry to jump to conclusions
here is the correct link as advertised on thursday gaurdian two weeks ago
http://ptdfnigeria.com/ptdf/
u need to buy a scratch card at firstbank headoffice or regional ofices for 1000naira if u want to apply online or alternativley purchase a bank draft and get the hardcopy application form at ministries of education (im not sure which ministry was written in the advert)

and it does work, a colleague of mine went to Dundee with PTDF scholarship,
e no know anybody,na only exam im write,come pass,

cheers,
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by dynamicash: 6:48pm On Nov 01, 2008
thank you brother
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by 9ja55: 9:26am On Nov 08, 2008
how?
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by 9ja55: 10:39am On Nov 10, 2008
thanks
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by Javola: 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2008
contactuzo:

oga
don't be in a hurry to jump to conclusions
here is the correct link as advertised on thursday gaurdian two weeks ago
http://ptdfnigeria.com/ptdf/
u need to buy a scratch card at firstbank headoffice or regional ofices for 1000naira if u want to apply online or alternativley purchase a bank draft and get the hardcopy application form at ministries of education (I'm not sure which ministry was written in the advert)

and it does work, a colleague of mine went to Dundee with PTDF scholarship,
e no know anybody,na only exam I'm write,come pass,

cheers,

i've been to every 1st bank office in PH and they claim not to know jack abt it, spent days out on the streets, tried calling their office in ABJ but no luck with that too and the deadline is day after 2morrow, i'm frustrated and just remembered nairaland.
PLZZ where can i get the scratch card in PH?? as expected ur swift response will be appreciated, thx.
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by bigjoe66: 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2008
my brother i don't stay in ph but try and go to ministry of education in ph, i think the have the form there.
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by bashabuali: 11:29am On Dec 10, 2009
Hi.
I want to send an application for the overseas scholarship 2010/2011. my problem is that I am writing the TOEFL test on 19/12/2009, therefore the result will not be ready until around the 20/01/2010 and the deadline for the submission of the application is 08/01/2010. Do u think I can still apply and and ask ETS to send the result directly to PTDF? or What do I do? I have all the other requirements. Thanks.
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by tourmaline(f): 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2009
hi,
please i need someone to enlighten me on the course oil and gas management and it is urgent i beg
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by CHAIRMAN1(m): 12:15am On Dec 20, 2009
Oga,
the site u gave is wrong, ptdf's site is www.ptdf.gov.ng
they also take people with 2-2(second class lower)
and the credit in english must be in WAEC not NECO,and not just SSCE,
u can still apply while doing your youth service!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so 2-2 graduates, there's so much hope cos i have friends with 2-2 that also got the scholarship WITH ME.
titones:

The selection for the PTDF OSS is an annual process. The whole process from application through to selection is administered and managed by the PTDF; therefore please check the PTDF website for information on application form availability.

How the Application is Advertised

The PTDF places an advert in the national press in Nigeria announcing the next round of applications for the Overseas Scholarship Scheme. This is for both MSc and PhD programmes. Please check the website and at www.ptdfnigeria.com/ptdf for information regarding the release of the application forms.

The advert will inform you of all relevant details of where, in each Nigerian state, application forms can be obtained.

The Selection Process

This is the first step in the application procedure. From the applications received a selected number will be invited to sit an exam. On the basis of the results of the exam the final selection will be made. The list of successful candidates for the scholarship will be published on the PTDF website and in the national press.

Please note Univation Ltd is not involved in the application and selection process. This is decided by the PTDF alone.

Courses Funded by PTDF

This may vary from year to year, please view the list of recent courses.

Criteria for acceptance on to the OSS Programme

The following is the criteria you must meet in order to be eligible for the OSS programme:

Hold a first degree in Engineering, Geosciences, Science & Environmental Studies
This must be a minimum of a 2.1
You must have completed your NYSC
Be no more than 30 years of age for MSc and 40 years of age for PhD
Must be a Nigerians national
Hold a credit in English Language in SSCE or required pass mark in TOEFL or IELTS
Be computer literate
Paperwork required to be submitted along with your application

Copies of degree certificates and official transcripts of first degree ( and any subsequent degrees)
English Language certificate.
Two academic references.
PhD applicants should also include a research proposal if required

IF YOU ARE 2.2 GRADUATE AND STILL NEEDS TO STUDY OVERSEAS FOR MSC AND PHD. SIMPLY [B]CLICK HERE[/B]

Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by Godeagle: 11:40am On Jan 20, 2010
Hey CHAIRMAN1! Please what was the preparation strategy you used to suceed in the exam? What material would you recommend? Thanks.
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by CHAIRMAN1(m): 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2010
1.PRAYERS(MASSIVE).
2.Abstaining from sinful exploits
3.Reading Wide- U can get most of the materials from some good Nigerians on N A I J A H O T J O B S.COM(oil and Gas section/forum), that's how i got mine.
4. If i rememba any other thing, i'll inform u grin
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by chefetalkane(m): 6:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
It's no longer news that the PTDF
Scholarship is on. If you're looking for where
to get your scratch cards to apply and you
haven't found yet feel free to contact :
08134141081 Whatapps : 08134141081
Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by chefetalkane(m): 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
It's no longer news that the PTDF
Scholarship is on. If you're looking for where
to get your scratch cards to apply and you
haven't found yet feel free to contact :
08134141081 Whatapps : 08134141081

The PTDF past questions is available.

A screenshot of the front page of the past questions is attached here.

Re: Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! by Mevlinbabe: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2021
Please, I also Registered for PTDF Scholarship and I Wana know how their examination is, what they ask and how they ask questions... Please!! Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

NUT: 22 States Haven’t Recruited Teachers In 10 Years / Reps Fault Cut-off Marks Of Unity Schools. / An Alternative To Those Limited By Jamb/post Jamb Exam (ijmb)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.