Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 (3851 Views)

Why Many Christians Will Miss The Rapture! / Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. / End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by analice107: 10:43pm On May 11, 2016
ifenes:

Poor thing
angry
ifenes:

Poor thing
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
FAILURE TO WATCH THE SIGNS OF THE HOUR IS ANOTHER REASON WHY MANY WILL MISS THE RAPTURE.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 11:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
WORLDLINESS is another reason.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 7:44am On Dec 27, 2016
Cares of this world.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2017
Disobedience is another thing that will make Christians miss the rapture.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
Total failure to embrace the way of salvation which God has provided is another sure reason. Embrace God's salvation today.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2017
Behold! The Bridegroom cometh! Go out and meet Him.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2018
UNBELIEF is another factor why many christians will miss the rapture.

Many christians, including 'so-called-pastors' don't believe that Jesus is coming and that will be there undoings.

stay ready. he is coming.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 9:04am On Mar 23, 2018
Many Christians are not watching. That is why they will miss the rapture.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2018
No Christian will miss rapture, in fact rapture is the removal of Christians from this earth. Those pretenders and religionists will be disgraced as they will be left behind. Although some will believe after rapture but this would be at the cost of their lives.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by sKeetz(m): 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2018
Its been 4 years and we are yet to witness this rapture grin grin grin
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by paxonel(m): 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2018
Op, let's relate Romans 10:1 with Luke 14:16-25 you quoted and see the correlation, may be it will help you understand.
But you just have to think, it requires brain to understand

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for ISRAEL is, that THEY MIGHY BE SAVED

Now, the question is, who were THE ISRAELITES?

Were the ISRAELITES saved as at the time Jesus Christ was yet on earth before he was crucified?
The answer is no!
They were never saved.
Even till today, many of today Israelites do not believe that Jesus is the Christ.

To this understanding, you will agree with me that Jesus spoke this parable against them and their Pharisees leaders.

Now, this is the meaning of the parable

16 Then said he unto him, [color=#990000]A certain man made a great supper
the meaning of this is, Jesus made a great supper, that supper is his crucifixion and resurrection which brings God's kingdom on earth, so God's kingdom is that great supper, it is already here on earth i don't know what you are still waiting for rapture for

and bade(invite) many:
the many he invited were the ISRAELITES also known as the Jews became of the covenant God had with their forefather ABRAHAM.

17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
This simply means that God's kingdom is now ready on earth. Jesus represented his father's kingdom on earth before he was crucified. The Axe was already laid on the tree, you should know what that means. The tree was cut when he resurrected, what is the tree? The tree was the old covenant

18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
this means the Israelites start giving excuses for not wanted to believe in Christ, by so doing they missed to be part of Gods kingdom (I guess this is what you perceived that makes you think christians will miss rapture? You funny o grin )

19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.
all these are part of the excuses by the Jews. There was no christians at that time, christianity only started after Jesus resurrected.

21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
the master being Jesus was angry with the israelites and their Pharisee leaders and straight ahead invited the gentiles who never were part of the covenant God had with Abraham. The poor, maimed and the blind represents the gentiles in that parable, while the rich men represents the Israelites or Jews became they had the covenant and the law from Moses which the gentiles never had.

23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways
highways means people of other tribes order than the Jewish tribe or Israel, these are the gentiles

and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
so you see, Jesus was not in anyway talking to christians in that parable infact, there was no christianity as at that time. Rather, he spoke the parable against the ISRAELITES.

Therefore it is very wrong to say christians will miss rapture when christians on earth are the heaven themselves.

INSTRUCTIONS
------------------
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.
TAKE ALL YOUR ANSWERS FROM LUKE 14:1-24

PROVIDE YOUR ANSWERS AS REPLY.

1. Jesus Christ mentioned a certain ‘great supper’ in Luke 14:16. What is the meaning or another name for that ‘great supper’?
the great supper means God's kingdom on earth which literally is the establishment of christianity on earth when Christ resurrected. The great supper is the resurrection of Christ

2. How many people were invited to that supper? Are you also invited for that supper?
everyone were invited. The Jews were invited first, because of God's covenant with their forefather Abraham. But they rejected the invitation and killed Christ, but the gentiles happily accepted the invitation. That's why most christians today are gentiles, few of them are ISRAELITES

3. In Luke 14:17, why were people invited to that great supper?
because the kingdom of God was already on earth in the person of Jesus Christ and people needed to be invited, that's why he had many disciples who followed him. John the Baptist started the invitation by saying, repent the kingdom of God is at hand. At hand means, the kingdom has come already which is Christ.

4. All the people invited to the great Supper did one thing why they could not attend. What was that? (Hint: Luke 14:18)
the first people invited were the ISRAELITES. They could not attend because they never thought jesus was the Christ, they never believed in him. No christian falls into this category

Read Luke 14: 18-20 and Say true or false to the following questions

5. Focusing on buying and selling alone (business alone) could make somebody miss rapture (TRUE OR FALSE)
false

6. Focusing too much on getting properties can make a person miss rapture (TRUE OR FALSE)
false

7. Can enjoyment make a Christian to miss rapture? (YES or NO) EXPLAIN your answer with example from the bible.
No! God is not benefiting anything seeing christians suffering themselves deliberately

8. A Christian can miss rapture because of his/her marriage or some member of his/her family? (YES or NO) Explain
NO!
Your faith in Christ is a relationship between you and God alone, it has nothing to do with your relationship with this world or your love ones and family

9. Mention 5 other reasons why Christian can miss rapture.
the only reason is, when the christian stops believing in Christ or being a believer by joining other religions. John3:16, whosever believes should not perish.

therefore it is very wrong to say a christian can miss rapture by any circumstance order than him disbelieving ( let's assume i don't know what rapture is).
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 7:16am On Mar 26, 2018
sKeetz:
Its been 4 years and we are yet to witness this rapture grin grin grin

How many times has a person heard that he would die one day? That he has not died yet does not mean that he will not die one day.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by sKeetz(m): 9:25am On Mar 26, 2018
annyplenty:

How many times has a person heard that he would die one day? That he has not died yet does not mean that he will not die one day.

Flawed logic.

Everybody knows that death is a part of human existence, theres a time to be born and a time to die.

But the coming of jesus, the jewish carpenter is just a myth. Its difficult for you to understand cause you are still suffering from delusion and gross indoctrination.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
sKeetz:

Flawed logic.

Everybody knows that death is a part of human existence, theres a time to be born and a time to die.

But the coming of jesus, the jewish carpenter is just a myth. Its difficult for you to understand cause you are still suffering from delusion and gross indoctrination.

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2 Likes

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by sKeetz(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2018
solite3:

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Your jesus aint coming no where. His dead and buried, get a hold of yourself please. And stop quoting that poorly written book called the buybull.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2018
sKeetz:

Your jesus aint coming no where. His dead and buried, get a hold of yourself please. And stop quoting that poorly written book called the buybull.

Mr fo*l and what's ur business about that, doesn't nature teach you that some races can be very foolish
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by sKeetz(m): 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2018
Ferisidowu:

Mr fo*l and what's ur business about that, doesn't nature teach you that some races can be very foolish

I'll ignore the insult cause I know what religious fanaticism can do to people. I used to be like you.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 28, 2018
sKeetz:

nope Jesus is alive and he is coming back.poorly written book that acurrately describes you.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
He is coming back. Whatever naysayers say cannot stop Him. Stay ready in absolute repentance, righteousness and holiness.

1 Like

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by LastDays777: 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
sKeetz:

I'll ignore the insult cause I know what religious fanaticism can do to people. I used to be like you.

What made you change your mind. What kind of books did you read?
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by LastDays777: 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hmm, okay
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 11:39pm On Sep 20, 2018
Will He find faith when He comes?

1 Like

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 3:05pm On Dec 17, 2018
Behold! the bridegroom cometh!
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2019
Self righteousness is another reason many Christians will miss the rapture.

Many of them believe they are too good to miss the rapture. And so do not watch.

Others believe they don't need to repent at all times.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 9:47am On Apr 19, 2019
Nothing; whatsoever is good enough to make you miss heaven. Strive to enter at the narrow gate.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 5:42pm On May 17, 2019
Secret sins are another reasons why some will miss the rapture. Turn away from secret sins.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 7:42am On Jun 19, 2019
Excuses are another reasons why many miss the rapture.

Many will be saying like in the days of Noah, 'I don't believe he can come', 'I want to marry wife first', I don't have time for God and so on. And they will be caught unawares.

Stay ready. He is coming.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2019
Don't repeat the mistakes of Israel.

1 Like

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
Don't miss the rapture for any reason.

2 Likes

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 8:02am On Jan 11, 2020
Worldliness is a major reason why many believers will miss the rapture.

Jesus is coming. Stay ready in repentance, holiness and watchfulness

1 Like

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
Many Christians will miss rapture because they are spiritually asleep.

Wake up from slumbering.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Bonné Moon-johnson Dies Unexpectedly / Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! / Is Speaking In Tongues A Requirement For A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.