Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

You Would Love This Yam Porridge - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / You Would Love This Yam Porridge (2762 Views)

Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Yam Porridge / Describe This Yam With One Word / How To Make Unripe Plantain Porridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Would Love This Yam Porridge by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
okay went to visit a friend some days back, and as you all know, am always looking towards the kitchen because am always hungry and I can eat ten times a day in small bits.

As God would have it she was cooking yam porridge, when she brought it eh.... hmmmm...it was something else. if you use the yam porridge to stone a deaf man the ear will open sharp sharp because the yam was just too strong and not properly broken. anyways I ate it Coz I was hungry.

just this Morning I was asked to prepare yam porridge for the family and sharp sharp I remembered what I was served and promise ma self not to prepare such for my lovely family #if I prepare am like that eh, I would be forced to eat the whole tin# So I decided to do it differently.

I cut the yam into not too small bit (by the way the water was already on the fire and let me remind you that the yam is a new yam). after cutting I reduced the water (new yams don't need much water) and poured the sliced yam. I then added my pepper, tomato, onion, seasoning (knorr), small ororo (groundnut oil) and red oil I then covered it to boil.

I know you will be saying "you no put salt?", Yes I don't put salt in yam and beans at the beginning because the salt will not make it get soft on time, I don't know if it's everyone or maybe it's just me. I actually made this observation while cooking yam meant for pounded yam (no salt) and while cooking the meant for just eating (with salt), I discovered that the former get soft on time while the latter takes longer time.

Phewwww!!!! I don talk too much abeg. back to our cooking. when I discovered that it was a bit soft I added salt and vegetable I got from my compound (my old man can grow anything eh, as long as there is still space for planting in that compound. So we pretty much get things from our "farm" Lolz.

the yam was ready within minutes and I took a spoon to mash it .

please note that u need to put water, enough water So that while mashing it, it won't become hard and please make sure you allow it to get soft very well before mashing , if possible allow it to start breaking into pieces.

So my dear cooking family can you share with us how you cook Yours?

1 Like

Re: You Would Love This Yam Porridge by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
you guys should please don't ask for pictures coz I have finished the food self before posting.
Re: You Would Love This Yam Porridge by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
pics orr.... lipsrsealed
Re: You Would Love This Yam Porridge by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ladystewie: pics orr.... lipsrsealed

ahan maddam.... no kill me nah,,,,, lolzzz......don't worry next time I prepare it, I will post the pictures
Re: You Would Love This Yam Porridge by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 26, 2014
today is another day you can try to make your yam porridge this Morning just like mine. and please if you don't mind posting pictures please for those Who never believe anything except they see the pisho.

#holding pillow tight while adjusting my head for another round of sleep# Thank God it's Tuesday.
Re: You Would Love This Yam Porridge by nobleens(f): 4:47am On May 12, 2016
pix or I dont believe

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Sends Thousands Of Poisoned Fruits To The South West... B Careful / Foodstuffs Exporting Business Free Seminar, Information Is Power! / Earn Using Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.