Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? (1864 Views)

Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? / What Is The True Sabbath Day, Saturday Or Sunday? / What Is The Right Day To Go To Church: Saturday Or Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Sir why do say "we are disconnected from Grace"
the zeal and interest is no more there anymore.. The prayer life and praises worship and quiet time and the fire in me is no more there.. I asked the Lord many things and He denied me.. Yet still i learned obedience by the things whic i suffered.. But the afflictions am facing has disconnected and stop my fellowship with the Father and the Son.. But God even the Lord had kept on assuring me thru His Word that He has taken the afflictions off my neck and i will no more be afflicted anymore but He will deliver me to liberty (isaiah 51 vs 21-23) but up till now it gets worst than ever before. To make things worst, satan the devil just came and disorganise everything... I'm just slowly losing my salvation... If u can pray for me perhaps the Lord is ur friend and He will hear u and come and heal me
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 10:01am On Aug 28, 2014
ProphetUdeme: the zeal and interest is no more there anymore.. The prayer life and praises worship and quiet time and the fire in me is no more there.. I asked the Lord many things and He denied me.. Yet still i learned obedience by the things whic i suffered.. But the afflictions am facing has disconnected and stop my fellowship with the Father and the Son.. But God even the Lord had kept on assuring me thru His Word that He has taken the afflictions off my neck and i will no more be afflicted anymore but He will deliver me to liberty (isaiah 51 vs 21-23) but up till now it gets worst than ever before. To make things worst, satan the devil just came and disorganise everything... I'm just slowly losing my salvation... If u can pray for me perhaps the Lord is ur friend and He will hear u and come and heal me
Sir are u on 2go?If yes add me with Elijah6919. God will set u free.I will pray for you
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Sir are u on 2go?If yes add me with Elijah6919. God will set u free.I will pray for you
i do whatsapp.. But anyhow i needed saints like u in my list.. Well u will see a request from 'profbrian'
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 10:12am On Aug 28, 2014
Emusan: Let me widen your knowledge about THE SABBATH.

Sabbath Observance:
Old Testament Precedence

God had commanded the Israelites to observe a Sabbath day, to make the seventh day one of rest where they abstained from labor. This command made it even into the Ten Commandments, as the fourth one (cf.
Exod 20 : 8 ). God based this model of rest on the fact that he too had stopped his work of creation on the seventh day since it had been
completed:
"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation." Genesis 2:1-3

"You are to speak to the people of Israel and say, ‘Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the LORD, sanctify you. You shall keep the Sabbath, because it is holy for you. Everyone who profanes it shall be put to death. Whoever does any work on it, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death. Therefore the people of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, observing the Sabbath throughout their generations, as a covenant forever. It is a sign forever between me and the people of Israel that in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’" Exodus 31:13-17

Here we can see that SABBATH is a SIGN.

Consummation in the New Testament

Israel’s Sabbath observance, which was modeled after God’s own Sabbath, was intended to point to a greater spiritual rest. Just as God had rested from his work of creation and entered into an eternal Sabbath, a day which continues for all eternity, believers are to rest from trying to merit their righteousness through observing the Law and trust in Christ’s perfect righteousness. Once a believer truly trusts in the Lord Jesus he enters into God’s own Sabbath whereby he no longer has to merit his justification since he has been given the promise of eternal life:

See how the author of Hebrew book put it.

"Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it. For the Gospel came to us just as to them , but the message they heard did not benefit them, because they were not united by faith with those who listened. For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said, ‘As I swore in my wrath, "They shall not enter my rest,"’ although his works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he has somewhere spoken of the seventh day in this way: ‘And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.’ And again in
this passage he said, ‘They shall not enter my rest.’ Since therefore it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the Gospel failed to enter because of disobedience, again he appoints a certain day, ‘Today,’ saying through David so long afterward, in the words already quoted, ‘Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden
your hearts.’ For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on. So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever HAS ENTERED GOD'S REST has also rested from his works as God did from his. Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience." Hebrews 4:1-11

Here you can understand the SIGN that was spoken about in the OT.

Again, since the reality has come:
"Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a
Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come,
but the substance belongs to Christ ." Colossians 2:16-17

The sign of Sabbath is one of the thing Christ came to fulfilled or consummated
As Christ himself taught:
"And he said to them, ‘The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath; so the Son of man is lord even of the sabbath.’" Mark 2:27-28

Why would anyone want to return to
the copy or shadow of things?

Hope this will help
Now i see you lack the Spirit of God. Have u ever ask urself why u go to church on sunday's nd all christains do the same?Because Satan change the Law and times Daniel 7:25. Pray for the Spirit of God.
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Rich4god(m): 10:21am On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Now i see you lack the Spirit of God. Have u ever ask urself why u go to church on sunday's nd all christains do the same?Because Satan change the Law and times Daniel 7:25. Pray for the Spirit of God.
So all the xtians worshipping on sunday are going to hell... What of Christ who healed on the sabbath day and was accused by the pharisees for breaking the law, did he disobey the commandment of God... If there is any one lacking the spirit of God, it should be you... You stamp your feet on the law of the land, forgetting the simple thing that God requires of you...
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 10:24am On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: So all the xtians worshipping on sunday are going to hell... What of Christ who healed on the sabbath day and was accused by the pharisees for breaking the law, did he disobey the commandment of God... If there is any one lacking the spirit of God, it should be you... You stamp your feet on the law of the land, forgetting the simple thing that God requires of you...
sighting d passage "Jesus heals on the sabbath" shows u completely lacks knowledge of d Truth. I need know more to reply you.Continue in ur blindness my hands are clean nd ur blood be upon thyself
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Rich4god(m): 10:41am On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: sighting d passage "Jesus heals on the sabbath" shows u completely lacks knowledge of d Truth. I need know more to reply you.Continue in ur blindness my hands are clean nd ur blood be upon thyself
lol... Keep dodging away from the truth staring at your face... The fact is... Worshipping Is a thing of the heart, if you like, do it on sabbath day, if you like do it on the day your accestors set aside to worship their pagan god, it doesnt matter so long you direct your worship to God...
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 11:22am On Aug 28, 2014
ProphetUdeme: i do whatsapp.. But anyhow i needed saints like u in my list.. Well u will see a request from 'profbrian'
Thanks for the request. I prayed for you but that we shall discuss on 2go
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: lol... Keep dodging away from the truth staring at your face... The fact is... Worshipping Is a thing of the heart, if you like, do it on sabbath day, if you like do it on the day your accestors set aside to worship their pagan god, it doesnt matter so long you direct your worship to God...
You will repeat the word "It doesn't matter" before God that says it matter one day. My advice for you is that u stop multiplying vain words everything is written down.Becareful
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Rich4god(m): 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: You will repeat the word "It doesn't matter" before God that says it matter one day. My advice for you is that u stop multiplying vain words everything is written down.Becareful
Sabbath day is the last day of the week, but the apostles met to break bread on the first day of the week... Did they disobey the law....
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: Sabbath day is the last day of the week, but the apostles met to break bread on the first day of the week... Did they disobey the law....
Bro let it go
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Rich4god(m): 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Bro let it go
Then stop making people feel bad about their way of worship...
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: Then stop making people feel bad about their way of worship...
Its for your sake u know The more i say the Truth of the word d more u oppose The Truth.And if u oppose the Truth u r opposing the Word,and if u oppose the Word u r opposing Jesus,and if u oppose Jesus u will be broken to pieces and ur pieces be turned to fine dust.So to prevent this i say Let it go. Its not I u oppose but God,who am I dat u oppose me,Lo am no one but a dust.So brother for your own sake "Let it go"
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Emusan(m): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Now i see you lack the Spirit of God.

Really?

Have u ever ask urself why u go to church on sunday's nd all christains do the same?Because Satan change the Law and times Daniel 7:25. Pray for the Spirit of God.

Not only that Satan change the law and time he has even brainwashed some people to the essence that they can reason outside the box.

Jesus said God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth..John 4:24

So sabbath is a sign consummated by Jesus Christ and what God wants from you is your worship in spirit and truth.
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Rich4god(m): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Its for your sake u know The more i say the Truth of the word d more u oppose The Truth.And if u oppose the Truth u r opposing the Word,and if u oppose the Word u r opposing Jesus,and if u oppose Jesus u will be broken to pieces and ur pieces be turned to fine dust.So to prevent this i say Let it go. Its not I u oppose but God,who am I dat u oppose me,Lo am no one but a dust.So brother for your own sake "Let it go"
How are you saying the truth... By condeming those who worship on sunday? I have shown you instances were the early apostles didnt worship on the sabbath day and you turned a blind eye.plz, stop playing reverse psychology on this...
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Rich4god(m): 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
Emusan:

Really?

Not only that Satan change the law and time he has even brainwashed some people to the essence that they can reason outside the box.

Jesus said God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth..John 4:24

So sabbath is a sign consummated by Jesus Christ and what God wants from you is your worship in spirit and truth.
Allow the guy make him dey do like the pharisees... Clinging so much to the outside, whilst the inside is something else...
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: How are you saying the truth... By condeming those who worship on sunday? I have shown you instances were the early apostles didnt worship on the sabbath day and you turned a blind eye.plz, stop playing reverse psychology on this...
Brother now if u can bring out my statement dat condemn those who worship on sunday i will apologize but if not I leave u to God.
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Rich4god(m): 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Brother now if u can bring out my statement dat condemn those who worship on sunday i will apologize but if not I leave u to God.
When you attribute other people's day of worship to a law set out by satan, what does it imply...
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
Emusan:

Really?

Can't u perceive that Is about men ought to worship(not in praise of men) not when and where. Why do u go to church on sunday in d early mornings? Since u r to worship in Spirit. Sabbath is mean't for christains to REST frm their work on d Seventh day. You believe its Sunday nd u don't work on Sunday or do u work on Sunday? Whereas u work on saturday when u supposed to rest.can u see the effect?. Like Nicodemus went away dat night without saying any word again to Jesus after explanation of what Born again is,and after sm years Nicodemus believe in Jesus. Reason brother and search the Scripture if this thing are not written don't believe me.But beforehand i said in most of my post "my Job is to teach the Truth and not to force anybody to accept" dats where The Holy Spirit does his work.PEACE
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: When you attribute other people's day of worship to a law set out by satan, what does it imply...
Is that not where you are wrong.Did i write d Scripture?
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Rich4god(m): 2:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Is that not where you are wrong.Did i write d Scripture?
SMH... The scripture didnt condem worship on sunday... Its you that is tryn to twist that verse to justify your condemnation of sunday worship...
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: SMH... The scripture didnt condem worship on sunday... Its you that is tryn to twist that verse to justify your condemnation of sunday worship...
The Scripture contains mystery that are hidden from ages. Many have learned d Truth about dis post nd has Adjust their ways. I will not reply u again.
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Rich4god(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: The Scripture contains mystery that are hidden from ages. Many have learned d Truth about dis post nd has Adjust their ways. I will not reply u again.
Am not forcing you to reply me... You claim to knw the scripture, but i have shown you instances where your arguement didnt hold water right from the scripture. You are entitled to your belief and worship days. But own is that you shouldnt come and condem other people's own...
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by JesusisLord85: 12:19am On Aug 31, 2014
Emusan:

Again, since the reality has come:
"Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a
Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come,
but the substance belongs to Christ ." Colossians 2:16-17

The sign of Sabbath is one of the thing Christ came to fulfilled or consummated
As Christ himself taught:
"And he said to them, ‘The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath; so the Son of man is lord even of the sabbath.’" Mark 2:27-28

Why would anyone want to return to
the copy or shadow of things?

Hope this will help

Utter rubbish!! Just a bunch of mumbo jumbo and confusion you teach. And I will spare not!

Colossians 2:16 is not about what you are supposing.
Colossians 2:16 "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days"

So you read that and think you don't need to observe sabbath. Lol. Ok, let us look at drink. Many of you so-called Christians teach alcohol is forbidden. But the verse you use to justify your sunday 'rest' is that one could easily use via the same poor interpretation to justify drinking himself stupid.

You do not understand Colossians AT ALL. Let me give you the precept!

Ezekiel 45:17 "And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel."

Paul was talking about sin and peace OFFERINGS. Christ was the lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world. Now they were being taught the Messiah is the passover lamb so they need not bring an animal to atone for their sins.

This is not saying you do not need to keep sabbath. If it were, that would make Paul a false teacher.

Passover remembers to deliverance from Egypt. They kept it for thousands of years after that.
Christ fulfilled what was written about him in the law and prophets. Even if he fulfilled whatever it is you are trying to say he did regarding the sabbath, how would that mean you no longer need to rest on the 7th day? This ordinance was meant to be observed for ever. Get that through your head.

Shalom
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Utter rubbish!! Just a bunch of mumbo jumbo and confusion you teach. And I will spare not!

Colossians 2:16 "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days"

So you read that and think you don't need to observe sabbath. Lol. Ok, let us look at drink. Many of you so-called Christians teach alcohol is forbidden. But the verse you use to justify your sunday 'rest' is that one could easily use via the same poor interpretation to justify drinking himself stupid.

Ezekiel 45:17 "And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel."

Paul was talking about sin and peace OFFERINGS. Christ was the lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world. Now they were being taught the Messiah is the passover lamb so they need not bring an animal to atone for their sins.

This is not saying you do not need to keep sabbath. If it were, that would make Paul a false teacher.

Passover remembers to deliverance from Egypt. They kept it for thousands of years after that.
Christ fulfilled what was written about him in the law and prophets. Even if he fulfilled whatever it is you are trying to say he did regarding the sabbath, how would that mean you no longer need to rest on the 7th day? This ordinance was meant to be observed for ever. Get that through your head.

Shalom
Thank you sir
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Emusan(m): 8:17am On Sep 01, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Shalom

Do necessary adjustment on your post of those caustic words before I reply you.
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 01, 2014
Luke 23:54 " And that day was preparation, and the Sabbath drew on"
The verse above is on the occasion of Jesus burial. If Jesus was Killed on Friday as we all believe, then the true Sabbath is Saturday.

However, the Bible speaks of some forces that would seek to change times and laws of God in Daniel 7:25..."and thinks to change times and laws"

Below are quotes from Catholic Church claiming the glory for changing times and laws of God;

"The authority of the church could therefore not be bound by the authority of the Scripture, because the church had changed...the Sabbath into Sunday, not by command of Christ, but by its own authority" (Canon and Tradition, p. 263)
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 01, 2014
Olusanya333: The Scripture contains mystery that are hidden from ages. Many have learned d Truth about dis post nd has Adjust their ways. I will not reply u again.
The Scripture automatically condemns worship on any day, other than the Sabbath when it says that we should remember the Sabbath to keep it holy. Daniel 7:25, it will make you understand that the change of worship day to sunday has the hand of the antichrist in it. A time will come when worshipping sundays becomes worshipping Satan
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
enigmaotr:
The Scripture automatically condemns worship on any day, other than the Sabbath when it says that we should remember the Sabbath to keep it holy. Daniel 7:25, it will make you understand that the change of worship day to sunday has the hand of the antichrist in it. A time will come when worshipping sundays becomes worshipping Satan
I knew that bro.
Re: Which Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
Olusanya333: I knew that bro.
A mix up! I was actually trying to quote the guy that quoted your post earlier

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Stops A Tornado In The Philippines. / Can I Get a Help With The Interpretation Of This Dream? / If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.