Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? (1874 Views)

Does Juju Really Work? / Collection Of Thought Patterns That Created God(s) Idea / What Reasons Made You Start Doubting Religion(s) And Then God(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
Based on the arguments of theist (most especially. Kingebukasblog and winner 10)

I don't get why the juju that exists then and till now were not able to stop the britons from colonizing us back then.

If it's your almighty God why didn't he stop the mass killings done to Christians by Constantine.

Same with Queen Mary Tudor known as 'bloody mary' back then killing people that broke out of the Catholic Church...

Isn't it all fallacy or does your God like like horror movies? undecided

5 Likes

Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
JAMB QUESTIONS
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by hopefulLandlord: 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2016
Because guns and bombs is greater than any god idea

1 Like

Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by twosquare(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
K9blunt:
Based on the arguments of theist (most especially. Kingebukasblog and winner 10)

I don't get why the juju that exists then and till now were not able to stop the britons from colonizing us back then.

If it's your almighty God why didn't he stop the mass killings done to Christians by Constantine.

Same with Queen Mary Tudor known as 'bloody mary' back then killing people that broke out of the Catholic Church...

Ogbon ju agbara lo (wisdom is better than strength/power)..... Alagbara ma mero, baba Ole (A powerful person without thoughts (wisdom) is the weakest).
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by donnffd(m): 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2016
Very simple...

The supernatural doesnt exist or atleast havent been proven to exist...

Shikena...

2 Likes

Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 5:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
twosquare:
Ogbon ju agbara lo (wisdom is better than strength/power)..... Alagbara ma mero, baba Ole (A powerful person without thoughts (wisdom) is the weakest).

So it was wise to be colonized, brutalized, raped etc.?
undecided
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by twosquare(m): 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
K9blunt:

So it was wise to be colonized, brutalized, raped etc.?
undecided
No, I simply answered your question now. You asked how come Africans were easily colonized despite a level of their sorcery? And I answered that having power doesn't necessarily mean you possess the wisdom to defeat your enemy. The white men came with another kind of wisdom to capture them... It's wisdom that fights wisdom, knowledge that defeats knowledge. When you're enticed with strange beautiful things, most likely you will let down your guard.

1 Like

Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by johnydon22(m): 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
The existence of Gods or potency of juju is not negated by the colonialism in Africa... That africans were colonized doesn't mean juju or gods are not existential values.

It was more so a technological intimidation, psychological intimidation and even physical abuse and coercion.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by KingEbukaNaija: 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
K9blunt:

This is a logical fallacy called reductio ad absurdum , you claim the supernatural cannot exist because of your absurd or false results following its denial .
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by winner01(m): 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
K9blunt:

So Because God allowed men their freewill and men decided to become a god for themselves, therefore God does not exist. undecided

How old are these people undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
twosquare:
No, I simply answered your question now. You asked how come Africans were easily colonized despite a level of their sorcery? And I answered that having power doesn't necessarily mean you possess the wisdom to defeat your enemy. The white men came with another kind of wisdom to capture them... It's wisdom that fights wisdom, knowledge that defeats knowledge. When you're enticed with strange beautiful things, most likely you will let down your guard.

What about the ones that weren't enticed, their guards were super high but still got burned?
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
winner01:
So Because God allowed men their freewill and men decided to become a god for themselves, therefore God does not exist. undecided

How old are these people undecided

Freewill saga again.

I gave you a choice to make, only save one person between your wife and mother, what will be your response?
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

This is a logical fallacy called reductio ad absurdum , you claim the supernatural cannot exist because of your absurd or false results following its denial .

Denial like really! undecided

This answer (which is not so much close) is called ad hominem fallacy.
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by KingEbukaNaija: 8:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
K9blunt:

Denial like really! undecided

This answer (which is not so much close) is called ad hominem fallacy.

Baby girl , you are not making any sense including your topic . Even an atheist - John - finally made sense . We thank God
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by KingEbukaNaija: 9:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
K9blunt:

Freewill saga again.

I gave you a choice to make, only save one person between your wife and mother, what will be your response?

How is this germane ?
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 9:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

How is this germane ?

You said freewill, I just simply presented a possible situation that happens in life... Just answer it biko
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Baby girl , you are not making any sense including your topic . Even an atheist - John - finally made sense . We thank God

My question is simple, stop beating about the Bush and answer the question oga or just simply RUN!
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by KingEbukaNaija: 9:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
K9blunt:

My question is simple, stop beating about the Bush and answer the question oga or just simply RUN!

And that's what the logical fallacy - reductio ad absurdum - you made is about . Its a logical fallacy - this means that you are going to end up making an invalid illation and you rightly did that .

Your false or absurd results are

1. The colonization of Africans

2. And the mass killing of Christians by Constantine

All you are trying to say is that if the supernatural does exist , these wouldn't have happened . And its an illogical conclusion . The colonization of Africans and the mass killing of Christians do not preclude the existence of the supernatural .
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 9:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
johnydon22:
The existence of Gods or potency of juju is not negated by the colonialism in Africa... That africans were colonized doesn't mean juju or gods are not existential values.

It was more so a technological intimidation, psychological intimidation and even physical abuse and coercion.

OH, maybe I am not getting or putting this coherently,

Most theist believe that there are other deities but God is the only supreme, thereby not dismissing the other gods/deities. While some others worship them still.

So I am simply asking them that why didn't their gods or so simply stop the colonizations by the whites.

And when I say theist, I meant not only Christians but Muslims and pagans as well.
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by KingEbukaNaija: 9:24pm On Jul 29, 2016
K9blunt:

Run ? Dont flatter yourself baby girl
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

And that's what the logical fallacy - reductio ad absurdum - you made is about . Its a logical fallacy - this means that you are going to end up making an invalid illation and you rightly did that .

Your false or absurd results are

1. The colonization of Africans

2. And the mass killing of Christians by Constantine

All you are trying to say is that if the supernatural does exist , these wouldn't have happened . And its an illogical conclusion . The colonization of Africans and the mass killing of Christians do not preclude the existence of the supernatural .

My questions went to theist (yes I mentioned you and your other buddy)

Yes before the advent of Christianity in Africa, we were busy worshiping obatala and chi. Which then we claimed were the almighty yet we were easily defeated, until Africans accepted the colonialism belief, hence Christianity.

You believers in the supernatural gods believe in your supreme being in delivering you from evil, yet many leaders of nations killed believers in billions, why couldn't your God stop that?

And if you read through the open I not only said colonialism, but. About Constantine and Mary Tudor?
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Run ? Dont flatter yourself baby girl

OH please, answer.. It's quite simple... What will be your response?

1 Like

Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by KingEbukaNaija: 9:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
K9blunt:

My questions went to theist (yes I mentioned you and your other buddy)

Yes before the advent of Christianity in Africa, we were busy worshiping obatala and chi. Which then we claimed were the almighty yet we were easily defeated, until Africans accepted the colonialism belief, hence Christianity.

You believers in the supernatural gods believe in your supreme being in delivering you from evil, yet many leaders of nations killed believers in billions, why couldn't your God stop that?

And if you read through the open I not only said colonialism, but. About Constantine and Mary Tudor?

You are simply asking why God permits evil . Right ?
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You are simply asking why God permits evil . Right ?

Yes
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by KingEbukaNaija: 10:30pm On Jul 29, 2016
K9blunt:

Yes

Freewill is your answer dear . But it does not stop God from intervening in any circumstance
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 10:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Freewill is your answer dear . But it does not stop God from intervening in any circumstance

Beautiful! Freewill!

Now can you answer the scenario I asked you before?
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by KingEbukaNaija: 10:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
K9blunt:

Beautiful! Freewill!

Now can you answer the scenario I asked you before?

Freewill is the answer . Constantine and Africa's colonial masters used their freewill . What else do you want to know ?
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Freewill is the answer . Constantine and Africa's colonial masters used their freewill . What else do you want to know ?

How, he's beating about the Bush.... I give up!
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
K9blunt:

How, he's beating about the Bush.... I give up!

I just asked "what else do you want to know " Baby girl , are you ok ?
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by K9blunt(f): 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I just asked "what else do you want to know " Baby girl , are you ok ?

What will be your response?

Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2016
K9blunt:

What will be your response?

How is this relevant please ?
Re: If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? by mumumugu(m): 12:42am On Jul 30, 2016
That word colonize e is to Technical e for God to understand days y

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Message Of RCCG Special Divine Encounter Day 1 / Lil Kesh And Olamide Says Blood Money Do Not Exist And They Are Very Right / The Bible Code And The End Of The Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.