Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Your Opinion On RWD And Ajax Request? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Your Opinion On RWD And Ajax Request? (884 Views)

Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php And Ajax! / Create Ajax Chat & Learn Web Page Data Xchange via Json Vs Xml / Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Opinion On RWD And Ajax Request? by daddynasa: 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
considering RWD (responsive web design) how do i handle ajax request and javascript or jquery functionalities for browsers like opera mini and other old browsers wen developing an app?
Re: Your Opinion On RWD And Ajax Request? by daddynasa: 7:13am On Aug 26, 2014
waiting
Re: Your Opinion On RWD And Ajax Request? by bigl: 7:26am On Aug 29, 2014
U had better build ur web using a responsive layout. Then get ajax/javascript frame work libraries that are prebuilt. U simply do some code/css linking and u're up and running.

If u attempt to do everything "from scratch", my friend, u go tay!

Anyway, what are u trying to achieve exactly, maybe I could point u to some resources?
Re: Your Opinion On RWD And Ajax Request? by onyengbu: 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
bigl: U had better build ur web using a responsive layout. Then get ajax/javascript frame work libraries that are prebuilt. U simply do some code/css linking and u're up and running.

If u attempt to do everything "from scratch", my friend, u go tay!

Anyway, what are u trying to achieve exactly, maybe I could point u to some resources?
how does building from scratch affect any thing. Abeg, I need to know.
Re: Your Opinion On RWD And Ajax Request? by dhtml(m): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
This tin wey bigi write no make sense at all.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On RWD And Ajax Request? by bigl: 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
onyengbu:
how does building from scratch affect any thing. Abeg, I need to know.

My brother! Technology is evolving faster than the speed at which u drink pure water on a sunny day in Sokoto!

While u're learning something, 20things are out with better offers, fast and efficient.

For instance, I was learning abt building apps for apple iOS 6 and trying to understand Cocoa (programming soft), etc boom apple brought up brand new tech! I had to abandon that and start learning something else but for how long?

So, embrace pre-made framework u can modify and u deliver faster and make more money in lil time
Re: Your Opinion On RWD And Ajax Request? by jboy01(m): 12:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
bigl:

My brother! Technology is evolving faster than the speed at which u drink pure water on a sunny day in Sokoto!

While u're learning something, 20things are out with better offers, fast and efficient.

For instance, I was learning abt building apps for apple iOS 6 and trying to understand Cocoa (programming soft), etc boom apple brought up brand new tech! I had to abandon that and start learning something else but for how long?

So, embrace pre-made framework u can modify and u deliver faster and make more money in lil time
do you stay in sokoto?
Re: Your Opinion On RWD And Ajax Request? by daddynasa: 5:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
That through sha because technology is fast outdated. What I was trying to develop is an app that should be responsive. But I built it on so many Ajax request. I was wondering if some mobile browsers could cope
Re: Your Opinion On RWD And Ajax Request? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
A very good example of what you are talking about is Nairaland.com which i developed. How I handled it is this - i detect the browser i am dealing with from the server side and decide of what script to send to the client-side.
At the client-side again, i still detect the browsers i am dealing with and decide on precisely how to handle various browsers such as opera mini.

Open this script in different browsers for example - http://Nairaland.com/core.js - and you will see the content varies from browser to browser. And platform by platform.
Re: Your Opinion On RWD And Ajax Request? by onyengbu: 11:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
bigl:

Someone created those framework you know. If they were embracing new frameworks, they wouldn't be able to create what you keep embracing.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out What Is Now Happening At This Website / DOWNLOAD BEST SEO .MOBILE FRIENDLY BLOGGER TEMPLATE /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.