Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:59 PM

Never Underestimate The Power Of One - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Never Underestimate The Power Of One (428 Views)

In Life Never Underestimate Anybody. Just A Matter Of Time. / Photo:when You Underestimate The Driving Skills Of Your Driver / What Has The Power To Motivate You Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Never Underestimate The Power Of One by Eberex(m): 9:00am On Aug 26, 2014
Not so long ago, a little girl in Alabama wanted to go to the same school as everyone else (ruby bridges)
And a gentle man from India wanted to raise consciousness without raising his voice (Gandhi)
In east Germany, a man wanted to break free.
And a woman travelled the world giving hope to those who had none (Mother Teresa)

What is one thing you can do today that can make a difference? You can begin by dropping these phrases into your awareness, and watching what arises:
Why it is easy for me to make a difference…
◦How it is easy for me to make a difference…
◦One thing I can do in one minute that can make a difference…

Remember:

One grain of sand can turn the tide; One simple spark can light the night; One simple dream; One gentle word; One act of love from someone can start a chain of reaction.

As Evan Tanner puts it: Believe in yourself. Believe in your own potential for greatness. Believe that you can change the world. It is something that is within each of us. Believe in the power of one.

Its high time we as Nigerians change our line of thoughts. Individually. So much of the 'ME'' attitude is found in many of us that we don't really think of what we can do for others. What we can do to the next person even when he/she is not a friend is a thought that sounds strange to our ears. We don't have Love amongst ourselves to say the least and no one is ready to sacrifice himself. Our politicians who are suppose to be the leading example are failing in this regard, no wonder we are not making head-way. Even at the bus stops you struggle to enter a bus at the time pushing an elderly just to occupy the last seat; seating comfortably while an elder is standing on a queue and you still relax; etc are just few of little kindness we overlook in our everyday lives.

Re: Never Underestimate The Power Of One by Eberex(m): 9:01am On Aug 26, 2014

(1) (Reply)

: .for Start Ups And For Your Business / Boko Haram Takes Over Bama / FG, Lagos Quiet On Synagogue Building Collapse Probe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.