Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? (1956 Views)

Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates / Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria / Visiting Nigeria With Us Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by vacker(f): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2014
I am half Nigerian and i have decided to visit Nigeria for the first time,born in Sweden.

I would love to know how i can get to Akwa-Ibom,Calaba and Ondo(my fathers hometown) and could i know some other potentially fun places i can go? Thanks,am your sister smiley

3 Likes

Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by FlintGuevara(m): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2014
The Obudu cattle ranch is a very beautiful place to visit. It's in the same state as Calabar.
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by IGBOSON1: 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
If it had been Nigeria of say 40 years ago, i would have recommended you go for a scenic hike up the Adamawa highlands and Mambilla plateau.....they're just as beautiful as Obudu! And you can make a detour to Jos a visit!

Other places i can recommend are Oguta lake and Olumo rock!

I've attached some pics i found of Mambilla on the net:

Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by taharqa: 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
Welcome, home....

2 Likes

Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by thwarrior72: 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
vacker: I am half Nigerian and i have decided to visit Nigeria for the first time,born in Sweden.

I would love to know how i can get to Akwa-Ibom,Calaba and Ondo(my fathers hometown) and could i know some other potentially fun places i can go? Thanks,am your sister smiley
Bonu state, sambisa reserve & gwosa in particular lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by meforyou1(m): 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
vacker: I am half Nigerian and i have decided to visit Nigeria for the first time,born in Sweden.

Dont miss Abuja
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by HappyJoe: 12:23pm On Aug 26, 2014
Please if possible come through Abuja airport, not Lagos. Abuja is much less stressful.

1 Like

Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
IGBOSON1: If it had been Nigeria of say 40 years ago, i would have recommended you go for a scenic hike up the Adamawa highlands and Mambilla plateau.....they're just as beautiful as Obudu! And you can make a detour to Jos a visit!

Other places i can recommend are Oguta lake and Olumo rock!

I've attached some pics i found of Mambilla on the net:
there is no where like the north when it comes to tourism, expecially the bauchi- adamawa axis, unfortunately terrorism is ravaging those areas, i doubt they will ever be the same again.

1 Like

Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by vacker(f): 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
thwarrior72: Bonu state, sambisa reserve & gwosa in particular lipsrsealed

I watch the news,No thanks

1 Like

Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by slimfit1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
If you like yourself stay away young person Nigeria is not safe at the moment.
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
@ vacker you have got Ondo written all over your face, you must have taken your dad's looks. You will enjoy Nigeria though.
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by vacker(f): 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
FlintGuevara: The Obudu cattle ranch is a very beautiful place to visit. It's in the same state as Calabar.
Already had my mind set on that one
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by vacker(f): 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
HappyJoe: Please if possible come through Abuja airport, not Lagos. Abuja is much less stressful.

I have to get to Ondo.
Abuja is in central Nigeria,Ondo and Lagos are both South west so should be closer to each other.
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
Borno state, sambisa forest..

Thank me later grin grin
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by vacker(f): 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
Obiagelli: @ vacker you have got Ondo written all over your face, you must have taken your dad's looks. You will enjoy Nigeria though.
smiley
I have to,had to wait till adulthood to make this journey.
Want to see as much of the country as i can
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by thwarrior72: 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
vacker:

Anyway, since u rejected my suggestion without consideration, I will say...welcome to Nigeria
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by IGBOSON1: 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
vacker:

^^^If you're coming to Nigeria, now's as good a time as any to learn our lingo! You're 'naija' response to his question should have been: who wan die!? wink

3 Likes

Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by olapluto(m): 1:16pm On Aug 26, 2014

Hej!
Everywhere in Nigeria is fun. Everything you see will be different. When are you going back to Sweden?

1 Like

Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by lwise(m): 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
Before you go back,kindly visit Sambisa forest and take a clear picture of Shekau while loading his gun,check out the make and the serial number of his gun.
I will appreciate that.
Thanks in advance.

cool down,just for laugh gag.
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by BRAVO0(m): 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
Sweerie .. Your safety is our concern try your possible best to base in lagos first then from here you can then figure out where and where need to visit for your safety and pls never disclose any info about yourself to any one here on nl

Stay safe nd welcome home in advance !

Forget all those jingles you're watching on media about nigeria, nigeria is still the best place to be you can ask mr ger***d nd co.

Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2014

Borno• Sambisa Game reserved..one of the best in Nigeria
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by meforyou1(m): 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
Obiagelli:
there is no where like the north when it comes to tourism, expecially the bauchi- adamawa axis, unfortunately terrorism is ravaging those areas, i doubt they will ever be the same again.
when has bauchi-adamawa ever have anything to offer tourists?yankari games reserve doesnt have any better animal sef.
meanwhile, when are you visiting politics section again. the place has normalised
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by meforyou1(m): 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
vacker:

I have to get to Ondo.
Abuja is in central Nigeria,Ondo and Lagos are both South west so should be closer to each other.
ondo and lagos are not close o. dont think there are commercial airlines in akure. and if u go to lagos from akure by road, it will be terrible, u can spend all day. there are no commercial airlines in the south west, except for lagos, so u can land in lagos first and go from there or land in abuja and fly to lagos and go from there. dont attempt to go by road from anywhere to lagos, the traffic is always hell 24/7.
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by FlintGuevara(m): 5:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
vacker:
Already had my mind set on that one
What about Ogbunike caves in Anambra State?
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
meforyou1: when has bauchi-adamawa ever have anything to offer tourists?yankari games reserve doesnt have any better animal sef.
meanwhile, when are you visiting politics section again. the place has normalised
have you been to these areas? I am talking natural hills and waterfalls.

I will be back in the politics section, i seun and the mods are doing a lot right recently.
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by meforyou1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
Obiagelli:
have you been to these areas? I am talking natural hills and waterfalls.

I will be back in the politics section, i seun and the mods are doing a lot right recently.
yes, I have been to those areas. Been to bauchi once for a week. Went to yankari, expecting to see lions and elephants. Nothing. Not a single correct animal to see sef.
I went to yola once, with the hope of spending a week or so, but the heat that greeted me when I came out of the airport, and the dryness of the town, I had no option but to leave after 2 days.
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
meforyou1: yes, I have been to those areas. Been to bauchi once for a week. Went to yankari, expecting to see lions and elephants. Nothing. Not a single correct animal to see sef.
I went to yola once, with the hope of spending a week or so, but the heat that greeted me when I came out of the airport, and the dryness of the town, I had no option but to leave after 2 days.
i had great experience in those places, but of course our interests might be different. Yankari is still great though. I wonder how much destruction sambisa is currently suffering.
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by vacker(f): 7:47am On Aug 27, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^If you're coming to Nigeria, now's as good a time as any to learn our lingo! You're 'naija' response to his question should have been: who wan die!? wink

I assume you're talking about broken english? For some reason i cant speak it but i do get an idea of what am being told when its spoken to me.
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by vacker(f): 7:51am On Aug 27, 2014
olapluto:
Hej!
Everywhere in Nigeria is fun. Everything you see will be different. When are you going back to Sweden?

Jag är bra.
Do you understand swedish?
I dont know when am going back,probably would spend my whole 3 week holiday here.
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by vacker(f): 7:52am On Aug 27, 2014
BRAVO0: Sweerie .. Your safety is our concern try your possible best to base in lagos first then from here you can then figure out where and where need to visit for your safety and pls never disclose any info about yourself to any one here on nl

Stay safe nd welcome home in advance !

Forget all those jingles you're watching on media about nigeria, nigeria is still the best place to be you can ask mr ger***d nd co.

Thanks
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by olapluto(m): 8:26am On Aug 27, 2014
vacker:

Jag är bra.
Do you understand swedish?
I dont know when am going back,probably would spend my whole 3 week holiday here.
nej! can inte språk Svenska. Still picking it up little by little. The goal is to be able to teach in Swedish in the next 3 years or so. Will you be back in time for the Independence day thing in Stockholm?
Re: Swedish-nigerian Visiting Nigeria For The First Time,places To Visit? by vacker(f): 8:39am On Aug 27, 2014
olapluto:
nej! can inte språk Svenska. Still picking it up little by little. The goal is to be able to teach in Swedish in the next 3 years or so. Will you be back in time for the Independence day thing in Stockholm?

june 6 next year? National day. Of course.

(1) (2) (Reply)

USA: I Need Help On How To Live And Work In U.S. / I Urgently Looking For A Cheap Hotel In Asaba Delta State / 16 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.