Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Omotola Says Power Has improved In Nigeria, Do You agree With Her? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Says Power Has improved In Nigeria, Do You agree With Her? (698 Views)

Fan Calls Out Omotola For Dressing Too Sexy For A Married Woman & She Claps Back / Omotola Says She Has No Friend In Nollywood / Actress Omotola Says She Is Ready To Act Nu*de (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotola Says Power Has improved In Nigeria, Do You agree With Her? by Alexsmith20(m): 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
Omotola says power has
improved in Nigeria, Has power increased in your area?

Re: Omotola Says Power Has improved In Nigeria, Do You agree With Her? by dominique(f): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
How often does she live in Nigeria?

Power has improved in my area in Lagos also.
Re: Omotola Says Power Has improved In Nigeria, Do You agree With Her? by donigspain(m): 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
[b]I sincerely agree with her...

From my personal research, having lived in different parts of the country and under different social settlement strata, I believe Nigeria's power problem rests more on power DISTRIBUTION and less on GENERATION.

Most of the distribution and transmission infrastructure in Nigeria are not only dilapidated but also over-stretched in capacity. The overwhelming rural-urban migration has caused a great burden on our social amenities; stretching them to their breaking points. The load a single transformer is made to carry is better left for the imagination. You find a situation where a single transformer is serving an overpopulated settlement of about 3 nautical miles radius. Tell me why there won't be constant breakdowns (transformers, cable cuts etc)!

Ever wonder why you experience better power supply in the electrified rural areas with less population/load.

Rural areas I have lived: Agbani (Enugu state), Adikpo (Benue state), Item (Abia state)
I was opportune to live in the above rural areas and I can tell you that I enjoyed power supply. On average, one enjoys about 18 hours of electricity per day.

Urban Areas I have lived: Aba, Portharcourt, Enugu, Lagos
Depending on the areas you live (judged by social stratification), one can go from NO ELECTRICITY to 20 hours of uninterrupted electricity supply. Places with less population and better transformer-population ratio experience better power supply compared to the slums and congested settlement nuclei which, unfortunately, majority of Nigerians live.

Conclusion:
No matter how much power we generate (1,000,000 MegaWatts) if the infrastructural aspect of TRANSMISSION and DISTRIBUTION is not addressed, we will keep living in darkness.
The part of Lagos where I presently stay enjoys, on average, 20 hours of uninterrupted power supply compared to other parts of the same Lagos where I had previously lived.
Difference? >>> Tranformer-population ration[/b]

1 Like

Re: Omotola Says Power Has improved In Nigeria, Do You agree With Her? by Alexsmith20(m): 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
Seems GEJ's government is God sent aftall...just pray they dont fluctuate.
Re: Omotola Says Power Has improved In Nigeria, Do You agree With Her? by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
Power might have improve in lagos not in kwara ...3days now no light
Re: Omotola Says Power Has improved In Nigeria, Do You agree With Her? by cirmuell(m): 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
I kinda agree with her, there's room for improvement though smiley

(1) (Reply)

Maheeda Reveals Her Readiness On A S*x Tape With Only Davido / #SSOM: Simisola Ogunbanwo Is Our Style Star This October, Let’s Meet Her! (@oliv / Breaking: Linda Ikeji To Pay N100,000 For Every Stolen Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.