Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,255 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

A Great Challenge - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Great Challenge (663 Views)

About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* / The White Mosquito Flash Fiction Challenge / Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Great Challenge by Bevy12(f): 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
Chapter 1
Re: A Great Challenge by Bevy12(f): 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
This is in american setting so beware.
Re: A Great Challenge by Bevy12(f): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
James Hunter was popular. Not just for his looks but because he was rich and he had the looks of a bad boy. Girls fawned over him. His, so called 'friends', Jake and Austin were with him because he was popular but his best friend, Gerald was with him because they had been friends for as long as he could remember so he respected him for that.
Re: A Great Challenge by LarrySun(m): 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
Just a paragraph? C'mon!
Re: A Great Challenge by Bevy12(f): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
James, Jake and Gerald walked down the hallway of West Coast High School. James could hear sighs of the watching girls. 'is there a girl who wouldn't swoon at the sight of me' he asked himself. He could hear girls saying "James please date me" "JAMES! Like, why haven't you like, called me yet". He walked to his locker. "is there a girl that wouldn't faint after seeing you" Jake asked. "I don't think so" He answered with a smile. "I know a girl who won't" Jake said. "Bring it on" "I don't think you should do this" Gerald said, putting up his concerned face. "i can handle this, Gerald" Jake looked around the hall and pointed at a girl who had her face down and was walking to class. "if you get that girl to fall for you, i'll give you 30 bucks and if you don't, you give me 30 bucks. Deal or no deal?" "Don't do this, you might regret it, James" "She looks easy. But i've never seen her before." "Deal or not?" 'Hunh, it's pretty cheap for me but if my parents notice some money is missing, i'm a goner. But if i win, i get 30 bucks and i become even more popular' James thought. "Deal, so what's her name?" "i don't know. I think its Ally, she has a friend called Mitchie who's a little bit popular." "okay". James walked to class trying to think of a way to make Ally like him.
Re: A Great Challenge by Bevy12(f): 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
LarrySun: Just a paragraph? C'mon!
Sorry that was not everything. It was just an introduction. I've put up the next one.
Re: A Great Challenge by Bevy12(f): 5:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
It was her last class for the day, AP Physics. She wished Mitchie was with her right now but unfortunately, she didn't have this class with her. She always sat in the back corner of class and was always the last to leave, so no one noticed her. She started to walk out of the class when she heard someone calling Ally. 'I thought i was the last person in class and who is Ally' she thought. She started to walk again when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around slowly to meet the most popular guy in school. "Hi Ally" He gave her the signature smile that all girls loved. She just walked out. 'Did he really think his smile could work for me, and why in the world is he flirting with me' she thought. "He doesn't even know my name very well" She thought outloud. "who are you talking about" she looked to her side to find Mitchie looking at her curiously. "Nothing" "When you say it's nothing, it's always something, Text me the deets later. Sorry but i can't walk home with you today, Drama Club meeting." "it's alright" Mitchie scurried down the hall. She walked out of school and then she saw James again 'What does he want' she thought. "Hey Ally, i'm James" he said. With a tiny voice, she said "Leave me alone" She said it with a voice so tiny that James almost didn't hear it. "Why? I want to friends with you, Ally" He said, putting on a fake pleading tone, even though she didn't know that. "Just leave me alone" still with the same tiny voice and she started to walk down the road. He followed her and kept on shouting "Ally". Then she snapped, "Leave me alone okay?! And besides my name is not Ally but it's Charlie for Charlotte! You don't even know my name and you want to be friends with me. So leave me be!" She left him standing on road thinking that it was going to be hard. When she got to the door step of her house, she realised what she had said ' Leave me be! What normal teenager says that these days'
Re: A Great Challenge by Bevy12(f): 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
Charlotte entered her father's music instruments store. Her father had gone to another one of his conventions and she was left to take of the store. She worked in the store after school each day. She hardly ever had any person today. As she sat down looking bored, she heard the door open and looked up to find James. She sighs. And says in bored voice "Welcome to Merry Music store" "No way, you work here? How come i always see an old dude with short hair" He says, a little confused. "That's my dad and the owner of this store, you know" Charlie says, a little angry. "Sorry, i didn't know he was your dad" "please just leave" James walks out.

(1) (Reply)

The Rugged Puzzies )-iamscope-( / An Essay By An 8year old / Flash Short Story: Death At The Border.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.