Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President (17382 Views)

Stephen Keshi Still Remains Eagles Coach - Chris Giwa / Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi / Amaju Pinnick Elected As New NFF President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by 4reigningqueen: 11:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
hmm
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Jesuspistol(m): 11:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
KingAdeOluomo1: Neva saw this cuming
After i loss 13million Naira due to man u foolishness my post is making FP for the first time tank God oooo
at list is man u no make me happy dis one self don do me smalll

Bros u can LIE o!! 13million naira for gambling

1 Like

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Tval(m): 11:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
KingAdeOluomo1: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wetin?
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
Jesuspistol:

Bros u can LIE o!! 13million naira for gambling
o boy u cant underst oooooo

1 Like

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by poiZon: 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
KingAdeOluomo1: Neva saw this cuming
After i loss 13million Naira due to man u foolishness my post is making FP for the first time tank God oooo
at list is man u no make me happy dis one self don do me smalll

are u for real?
trading millions with front page postings...........

crazy since 18thBC

1 Like

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
poiZon:

are u for real?
trading millions with front page postings...........
did i just mention anything like trading here
ENGLISH

crazy since 18thBC
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by okotv(m): 11:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
at least we now have a football technocrat in the NFF and not barristers as before.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
For dose of you dat seems to be doubting me make una calm down very soon una go congratulate me for winning millions cos i no either 1960bet,Nairabet or bet9ja must pay me very soonest
MARK MY WORDS

1 Like

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by iconize(m): 11:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
Who cares? Not even a rat assss.

Just renew Keshi's contract or hire us a coach Asap!
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Ahmeduana(m): 11:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
UnknownT: But seriously, what concerns DSS with football matters? If truly Maigari stole, shouldnt that be d job of EFCC or maybe Police?
ARSON IS NOW INVOLVE, THEY HAVE TO INVESTIGATE.

1 Like

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Keypha(m): 12:02am On Aug 27, 2014
Nawa oh na mugu people they manage our Football.
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 27, 2014
alaladakosta: Good
hi,
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by davidif: 12:55am On Aug 27, 2014
I wonder how this guys are often elected. To they campaign publicly or what?

1 Like

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by davidif: 12:57am On Aug 27, 2014
@op,
They should have hired a visionary like Johan Cruyff or someone like Franz Beckenbauer.

1 Like

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by obeski13(m): 1:24am On Aug 27, 2014
I wnt be surprised if fifa didnt not recognise dis sham callf election.am sorry for nigeria sport under dis new minister.
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by obeski13(m): 1:26am On Aug 27, 2014
I wnt be surprised if fifa didnt not recognise dis sham called election.am sorry for nigeria sport under dis new minister.
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by easystudy101: 1:35am On Aug 27, 2014
but why would an owner of a club be NFF chairman

http://www.amazon.com/Jobs-Wey-You-Fast-Abroad-ebook/dp/B00MTW6O52

1 Like

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by kabba7(m): 3:44am On Aug 27, 2014
obeski13: I wnt be surprised if fifa didnt not recognise dis sham called election.am sorry for nigeria sport under dis new minister.

THIS IS A SHAM.
can be sure fifa wont touch this with.a 10 feet pole

this naija dey fear me oh with wetin I see for channels sports by yesterday evening and me i know tomorows sports program on Ltv and channels between 9 to 10 am will surely be intresting .

THE WHOLE SHOW AT THE GLASS HOUSE IS A NATIONAL DISGRACE .

1 Like

Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by cole265(m): 4:12am On Aug 27, 2014
Vultures everywhere.
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by emmiedu(m): 4:56am On Aug 27, 2014
KingAdeOluomo1: The proprietor of Giwa FC was voted in ahead of the former vice president in Abuja on Tuesday as the DSS also arrested former president Aminu Maigari and Musa Amadu

Christopher Giwa, the chairman of Nigeria Professional League club side Giwa Football Club, has been elected as the new president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

He polled 27 votes to defeat his challenger former vice president Mike Umeh who got two votes in an election where 29 out of 44 members participated in the voting exercise.

Before the elections, NFF chieftains including the NFF General Secretary Musa Adamu and some states delegates were arrested by the Department of State Security Services (DSS) and interrogated.

The elected officials were then sworn in by a notary public Frank Ike Chude.

Former board member Obinna Ogba was sworn in as vice president as he was unopposed while former security committee chairman, Effiong Johnson emerged the Chairman of Chairmen having polled 28 votes.

The North Central produced Yahaya Adama and Sani Mohammed as board members while Muasu Suleiman and Sherif Inuwa emerged North West representatives in the new board.

Felix Agu Anyansi retained his position on the board to represent the South East alongside Felix Amechi Ogwa.

Deji Tinubu also retained his position as representative of the South West with Otunba Sunday also coming on board.

The electoral process was not coordinated by either the seating president of the NFF or the general secretary Barrister Amadu who allegedly walked out of the election hall at the Chida International Hotels.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2014/08/26/5062472/chris-giwa-defeats-mike-umeh-to-emerge-as-new-nff-president
at least we should try these set of new hands, wish u guys luck but how come there was no female on board?
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by easyelliot(m): 5:13am On Aug 27, 2014
Gangsterland that is Nigeria's new name.
Niggas is wild up in here!!!!!
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Wisdytech(m): 5:36am On Aug 27, 2014
it is well with Nigeria. Amen
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by bobnazzygon: 5:39am On Aug 27, 2014
:DMr Giwa as i recall was a shopkeeper who lived in Lawal's village...... Is NFF a shop?[color=]Mr Giwa as i recall was a shopkeeper who lived in Lawal's village...... Is NFF a shop?[/color]Mr Giwa as i recall was a shopkeeper who lived in Lawal's village...... Is NFF a shop?
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by segradino(m): 6:12am On Aug 27, 2014
Waiting to get fire....

Good news for smart phone users, u can get d best data plan(MTN and Etisalat) for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N400 for 250mb...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by YourCoffin: 6:40am On Aug 27, 2014
UnknownT: But seriously, what concerns DSS with football matters? If truly Maigari stole, shouldnt that be d job of EFCC or maybe Police? Shouldnt they (DSS) be concerned with the Nation's security as the name says?

Probably, he used the money to fund the activites of you know who.
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Smooyis(m): 6:44am On Aug 27, 2014
Hope he is a man of integrity. No muddy politics pls. Congrats. Wishing hi. success.
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by abacrested(f): 7:13am On Aug 27, 2014
Good for the game we love so much. It's high time core football administrators took over the affairs of NFL not people like Margaret who will make sure that kano pillars wins the league by all means including fixing matches.Notherners are the most corrupt creatures on earth, all they do is steal and mess Every parastatal they are in charge up while they offer nothing
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by zurine(f): 8:01am On Aug 27, 2014
whoah
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by sage2(m): 8:10am On Aug 27, 2014
davidif: I wonder how this guys are often elected. To they campaign publicly or what?

It depends on what you referred to as "publicly". They are voted by the delegates so don't expect their campaign posters on your street walls.
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by Obec70(m): 11:07am On Aug 27, 2014
Lets move NFF/NFA forward!
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by manosteel(m): 11:48am On Aug 27, 2014
This giwa of a guy no get photo?
Re: Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President by HenCq15: 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayern’s Harry Kane Offer Accepted By Tottenham; Striker Must Decide / FIFA Confirms Saudi Arabia will host the 2034 World Cup / 100% Sure Cannot Draw Football Pool Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.