Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,526 members, 7,770,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:33 AM

Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi (35716 Views)

Amaju Pinnick Elected As New NFF President / Hatefull & Funny Comments By South-africans After Nigeria's Loss To Congo / Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by kenoxx(m): 6:01am On Oct 02, 2014
STRONG REASONS WHY NEW NFF PREsIDENT, AMAJU PINNICK MAY SACK STEPHEN KESHI!!

It is no more news that the newly elected NFF board led by Amaju Pinnick first assignment is to sort out Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi's future if he's to remain as the coach or not. If he's to remain, the new NFF will decide the contract details which includes the length of the new contract and d total package. With Amanju Pinnick in charge, I have a strong feeling he's not a Keshi fan despite the 2 of them being proud sons of Delta state and he could terminate Keshi's contract. I could be wrong anyway, but let's check out some of his comments on the big boss during the last WC in Brazil and let's draw out our conclusion on what to expect from Mr Pinnick "except" some powers that be wades in on the issue!

“I like Keshi as a person but the Eagles run up to the World cup and their first game has proven to me that Keshi has reached his limit” Pinnick said as a TV guest in a morning show,a day after Nigeria's 0-0 draw against Iran.

“He is a national hero,I celebrate him for all he has achieved with the team in such a short time but it appears he can’t move the Eagles forward unless he improves on his abilities”

Further proof that Pinnick may not reckon with Keshi continuing coaching the Super Eagles are the comments he made after the World Cup.

"We failed to go further in Brazil because our coaches did not adopt the scientific approach to winning matches. Football has gone beyond having a coaching crew on the bench. The trend now is to have the technical backroom staff, peopled by expert coaches, who win matches from the bench," Pinnick told Vanguard Sports.

"I give you an example. Berti Vogts was the head of the backroom of the USA team at the World Cup. The story was said in Brazil that during the match against Ghana, that when the Ghanaians equalised, that Klinsmann, who is the coach of the USA team, quickly sent a message to Vogts to analyse the last five minutes of the match. Vogts responded that one of the Ghanaian defenders was limping and that they should exploit his side, which the USA team did and scored the winner. Klinsmann did this because he recognises that he does not see the things that other technical experts could see from afar. And that is largely because a coach is only thinking of winning and what his players are doing. He hardly sees the defects and strong-points of his opponents.

"That is why nearly all the teams at the World Cup have the technical backroom staff. But Nigeria did not have that and that was because Keshi did not want it. He thought that they were going to take his job away and we all saw in Brazil that it could have been very different if we had such technical experts in the backroom, advising Keshi during match days or even before.

"Another example is the injury of Ogenyi Onazi. That was not accidental. It was a deliberate plan by the French backroom staff, who saw Onazi as the only threat to their ambition to reach the next round. Ahmed Musa shone like a star in the first half but was taken out in the second half by the French players, who crowded him and made him ineffective. That is the work of the backroom staff . Football has gone scientific but we went to Brazil with analogue system.

"I also observed during the short stay in Brazil that we were the only team, whose players warmed up before the start of matches without the coaches around to watch and take notes. I may be wrong on this but I saw the French team warm up with their coaches watching and guiding them."

Are these comments enough to believe Stephen Keshi days as Eagles coach are numbered? Don't forget a german coach last week claimed he was contacted to takeover the S.Eagles job. #FINGERSCROSSED

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by ITbomb(m): 7:13am On Oct 02, 2014
Nice analysis, now tell me what he said about Siasia
Is he coming back?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
[b]Hypociritcal. When Coach Keshi begged for the recall of Sylvanus Okpala a member of his technical staff, you guys said no.

By the way, How are these guys sure Coach Keshi does not have a tactician in his team reading weaknesses of opponents. For instance, Musa utilising the space created by Zabaletta's overlapping to score two goals.

THE Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has lambasted Super Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi, for his continuous call for the recall of one of his former assistants, Sylvanus Okpala, to the national team.
Okpala was sacked from the Super Eagles by the federation immediately after Nigeria’s 2013 African Cup of Nations victory in South Africa.

Keshi has made several appeals to the NFF technical committee for Okpala’s recall, as the team prepares for the Brazil 2014 World Cup.rmer assistants and former teammates, Sylvanus Okpala, who was sacked after the Super Eagles won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa
http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=23263
[/b]

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by kingzjay(m): 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
The drama continues

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Heyliesha(m): 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
He shud sack him on tym

11 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by aumeehn: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
sh!t
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by ginajet(f): 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
Calling a dog a bad name in order to hang it.

4 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hmmmmmm Amaju dat half slowpoke goat na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by victorazy(m): 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
Power charging...
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by austinbrown: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
Not my business pls
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Dahmum(f): 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ok oo.dis new guy wan show say he dey work be dat oo.

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Samiceman: 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ok, we dey wait
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by adonbilivit: 8:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
fire him if you deem necessary but you must appoint an extinguisher- a better coach. and please, put sentiments aside

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by mumumugu(m): 8:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nice
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
the only thing that pained me in that world cup is maturdi going unpurnished,i use to like him before but i hate him now for the intentional foul against onazi

8 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by xtervaganza(m): 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
I don't really like Keshi as a coach but why do u guys want him fired?
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by elisinho(m): 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
he is too pompous and feels like he is perfect he should be sacked jor

6 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Akalia(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Let's wait for events to unfold
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by farano(f): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Who cares
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by marvel2(m): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
Let keshi b sacked he only nid the money not d team

2 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by sympoto(f): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
Na dem sabi

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by victorazy(m): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yomieluv: Calling a dog a bad name in order to hang it.

Keshi is a local champ coach, he need knowledge!

2 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by dedons: 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
Keshi should start considering coaching that sickness striken liberia...

He's only after our money...

Wait o...

What tribe is he again?

Hope he's not a flatie?

2 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by ignis: 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
The problem is not sacking Keshi. .... But getting a more competent person to replace him.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Babyboy1986(m): 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ok
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by dedons: 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ipledge: l
m

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Mikel Obi / John Dumelo: I Will Walk Barefoot From Accra To Lagos If Nigeria Defeats Ghana / Steve Bruce Ready To Stabilize Man Utds Dressing Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.