Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State (6261 Views)

CAN I Build A 5bed Room Duplex With 20million / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A 5bed Room Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by KolaShangOne(m): 2:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
BRAINCRASH: YOY DIDNT SHOW PICS OF THE COLUMN BASE REINFORCEMENTS(BASKET)....YOU DIDNT EVEN SHOW THEM DURING ASSEMBLY...OR..were they laid in the night....?

Well, I saw it. Its 16mm. I just think the mat is not big enough. Should be 1.2m x 1.2m or at least 1m x 1m considering it's a duplex so that load can be spread.
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
Thank you guys for your observation but the fact is when those area were snapped I didn't know it wasn't saving and somehow it was deleted sorry for that,and for the ros which one is recommended other than 16mm for just a storey building I think 16mm is perfect for the building.

1 Like

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 7:23am On Oct 10, 2014
Hello all and happy weekend
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 9:10am On Oct 25, 2014
Happy weekend to you all sit back as I show our progress on the ongoing project in ebonyi

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 9:18am On Oct 25, 2014
More pics as it goes

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 9:30am On Oct 25, 2014
More on project progress

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by PeoplesArmy: 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
......and this house has no provision for lintel?
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
PeoplesArmy:
......and this house has no provision for lintel?

There's a 25cm deffirent has being made for the lintel and a course and half of block space too is included thanks for your observation.
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 6:24am On Dec 13, 2014
Happy weekend all and compliment of the season as I update you all on the progress report on how far we've gone on this project,it has really being a stressed period for me but thank GOD today that I'm updating all we've being doing for the past months.

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 6:33am On Dec 13, 2014
Piping and rod work completed loading cement to site and casting begins

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 6:40am On Dec 13, 2014
Ongoing casting till 4:48am the following day

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 7:11am On Dec 13, 2014
Casting completed and laying of blocks begings and parapet pop ongoing

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 7:39am On Dec 13, 2014
More on the progress

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2014
More on the progress
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by passe(m): 11:05pm On Dec 13, 2014
eghosajohnny:

More on the progress

Could you please provide a rough estimate of the amount you spent on the "Decking"? If possible breakdown.Thanks ahead.
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 6:54am On Dec 14, 2014
passe:

Could you please provide a rough estimate of the amount you spent on the "Decking"? If possible breakdown.Thanks ahead.

Its better I give the breakdown cos I went through a lot transferring the materials to site as shown in the above pix due to bad road

Cement 204bags according to my ratio 1bag,1wheelbarrow of granite and 1and half. Wheelbarrow of sand

The planks I used was bought from benin cos the planks there aren't too good for me to use even the little I later bought really gave the doubt

I bought 180lenghts of 1by12by18 and later added 751by12by12
12mmrod and 6016mm for beam abnd reinforcement
702by3 to support the decking
120lenghts of bamboo
45tons of granite though its normally 7and half ton truck is the truck common in the state at 45,000 per truck
I bought 5of the same truck for sand at 24,000 per truck cos the site is a bit of distance

Carpenter 120,000
Ironbender 70,000
Casting 91,000
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by mufutau55(m): 7:07am On Dec 14, 2014
eghosajohnny:

Its better I give the breakdown cos I went through a lot transferring the materials to site as shown in the above pix due to bad road

Cement 204bags according to my ratio 1bag,1wheelbarrow of granite and 1and half. Wheelbarrow of sand

The planks I used was bought from benin cos the planks there aren't too good for me to use even the little I later bought really gave the doubt

I bought 180lenghts of 1by12by18 and later added 751by12by12
12mmrod and 6016mm for beam abnd reinforcement
702by3 to support the decking
120lenghts of bamboo
45tons of granite though its normally 7and half ton truck is the truck common in the state at 45,000 per truck
I bought 5of the same truck for sand at 24,000 per truck cos the site is a bit of distance

Carpenter 120,000
Ironbender 70,000
Casting 91,000

How many 12mm rod? Not spevified. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
mufutau55:

How many 12mm rod? Not spevified. Thanks.

Hajji M.
The total 12mm rod I used was 357lenght
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by passe(m): 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
@Eghosa:So much appreciated.Many thanks.
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hello eghosajohnny, casting the decking without doing the lintels, is it the structural engineer's advice? Well done bro.
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 8:50am On Dec 15, 2014
spyder880:
Hello eghosajohnny, casting the decking without doing the lintels, is it the structural engineer's advice? Well done bro.

Not really my oga spyder the fact is when the material came there was so many challenges with rain and bad road so instead of using from the plank which I knw I can't get all back I had to go for the decking so that as soon as that is done I can then board the lintel

See means of transfering planks to site as at then

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by mufutau55(m): 7:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
eghosajohnny:

Not really my oga spyder the fact is when the material came there was so many challenges with rain and bad road so instead of using from the plank which I knw I can't get all back I had to go for the decking so that as soon as that is done I can then board the lintel
See means of transfering planks to site as at then

WOW! No motorable road to the site? Or did the rain flooded that river? Real obstacles.
But how did the other materials got to the site?

Hajji M.
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 12:45am On Dec 16, 2014
mufutau55:

WOW! No motorable road to the site? Or did the rain flooded that river? Real obstacles.
But how did the other materials got to the site?

Hajji M.

Thank you very much sir for the observation but it just so unfortunate that I don't have the pix here to show you due to the fact that when the transfering of the material took place I was not too fine and generator was the source of light there and it was only at night they on the gen,the sand,granite,cement,rod 16and 12 were al transferred to site by hand head and wheelbarrow
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
Happy new all from my thread I greet oga haji muftaan and all as I continue the updating of the progress of the project though long done before now but stiill have to update them.

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
More on the progress pix

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 8:09am On Jan 07, 2015
Hello all a lovely good morning
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
FastShipping:
@eghsajonny

I have been made to believe that German-Floor is a must anytime we build homes with upper floor(s) in Nigeria.
Nowadays, most Nigerian builders hardly build homes without German Floor. I don't think I've seen any home or
construction on nairaland built without German Floor.

I live in the U.S but I hardly see homes built with the so called German Floor. The only buildings that require
German Floors are malls and buildings with large number of leg traffic.

Now my question is: what prompted you against the German Floor on this construction?

My old house was built with on a tension foundation, something similar to german floor.

I am looking for more ideas on non german flooring for a bungalow in Nigeria.

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 8:35am On Jan 24, 2015
hello all
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by Glamrock(f): 1:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Following
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 11:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
Glamrock:
Following

Thank you madam we shall update you with our very best

1 Like

Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 12:01am On Jan 28, 2015
hello all

Thank you madam we shall update you with our very best[/quote]
Re: A 5bed Room Duplex Construction At Ebonyi State by Fadelex(m): 12:50am On Mar 10, 2015
Glamrock:
Following
happy birthday to you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Miss This Promo On Affordable Lands With Right Documentation / Location At It’s Peak,pareto Homes Is A Perfect Estate For Luxury +2349030188831 / Latest Price of Land in Ikorodu and its environ. Buy, Build & Become A Landlord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.