Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Health Advice: Doctors Online - Health (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Advice: Doctors Online (65208 Views)

Consult Nigerian Doctors Online / Health Advice; Doctors Pleeeeaaassse! / Health Is Wealth: Health Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 21, 2015
ayoola190:
Hello doctor,
For sometimes now have been having occasional dislocation in my shoulder joint. It started like 3yrs ago when I wanted to throw a stick with force. Since then have been having occasional dislocation at the point, most especially if I want to pull a generator rope.

But of recent, the dislocation happens at night when I sleep face down, and wont be able to lift myself unless someone come to my rescue and adjust the shoulder.
Any time it happens at night, I wont know the time it dislocated but I do notice whenever I wake and want to re adjust my sleeping position or go to the toilet.

Rotator cuff syndrome. It's a kind of strain or tear in muscles attached to your shoulder.

Go see an orthopaedist.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 21, 2015
Ashonibarenla:
Good morning doc, grt work ur doin hia. I've never seen this as a source of concern until recently. For the past few days, i've being treating cartargh or nasal congestion (dnt rly knw d medical term). I wouldnt be worried lyk i earlier stated since it usally goes afta takn 4 tablets of procold. I've taken eight but it doesnt seem to be effective, i've almost blown out my brains, now a cough has set in, started about 2hrs ago. Then thr is this serious body/joint pain/weakness that accompanied the cartargh. Is it malaria or smth doc? Will rly app ur help hia.

Most likely the level of ascorbic acid in u is low, resulting to low immune.

I'll advise you run malaria and widal tests as soon as possible.

Also, get vitamin C tabs, take 2tabs X 3daily.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 21, 2015
I was at a pharmacy to get some medications for my aged granma when a young lady walked in and discreetly asked for 'levonorgestrel(postinor2)'. I was compelled to ask her politely if she wanted to get the pills in anticipation of sexu*al intimacy, or she's getting the pill for post sex*al intimacy, she told me to mind my business. I told her her health and wellbeing is my business, but I guess she isn't that subtle because she didn't understand what I meant.

It's so disheartening to see young ladies indulge in the use of emergency contraceptive pills without considering the future implication.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 21, 2015
Marc9:

Most likely the level of ascorbic acid in u is low, resulting to low immune.

I'll advise you run malaria and widal tests as soon as possible.

Also, get vitamin C tabs, take 2tabs X 3daily.

tnx doc. Twaz a grt surprise when i woke up dz mornin 2 find out d body pain/weakness is almost completely gone, and it seems d procold juz began workin as the runin nose has bin grtly reduced. I'll go 4 d tests as u advice. Tnx alot 1c again.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by benosky(m): 10:36am On Feb 21, 2015
Doctor in d house pls help. My sister has nt been able to conceive since she got married becos she do xperience d flow back of sperm from inside her after intercourse.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 21, 2015
benosky:
Doctor in d house pls help. My sister has nt been able to conceive since she got married becos she do xperience d flow back of sperm from inside her after intercourse.

How long has she been married/TTC?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Redeemed(f): 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
@mar9, thanks for your good works on this thread.

I realised that for the past three months, I've not been having ovulation signs, so this month I decided to track my ovulation using ovulation prediction kit and i have tested for 4days consecutively but all came out negative. I'm 35, been trying to conceive for almost four years, I have a consistent and normal cycle of 26 days. Actually for the past four months I have been taking some natural herbs, could it be the cause? Anyway I'm stopping it right away but what can I do or use to get my ovulation back on track. I'm on cycle day 15.
Thanks you in anticipation of your response.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
Redeemed:
@marc9, thanks for your good works on this thread.

I realised that for the past three months, I've not been having ovulation signs, so this month I decided to track my ovulation using ovulation prediction kit and i have tested for 4days consecutively but all came out negative. I'm 35, been trying to conceive for almost four years, I have a consistent and normal cycle of 26 days. Actually for the past four months I have been taking some natural herbs, could it be the cause? Anyway I'm stopping it right away but what can I do or use to get my ovulation back on track. I'm on cycle day 15.
Thanks you in anticipation of your response.

The herb could likely be the cause. Perhaps, it could be age factor as well.

If your menstrual cycle has been consistent and regular, then it's likely the reason why ovulation signs like the EWCM is not noticed is because of low estrogen level, prior to ovulation. I think it's imperative you run hormonal assay to ascertain the level of estrogen.

Also, it takes two to tango. Has your husband been checked? Has he gone for seminalysis and ascertained okay?

For now, I'll recommend natural soymilk. It contains a lot of plant estrogen.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Redeemed(f): 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Thanks doctor, my husband has done seminal fluid analysis and its okay. The result of the last hormonal assay test I did was high prolactin and low progesterone of which I normally spot during ovulation period but I noticed it stopped three months ago and that was what made me to carry out test so as to ascertain if I'm ovulating, however I will try out the natural soymilk. God bless you sir.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
Redeemed:
Thanks doctor, my husband has done seminal fluid analysis and its okay. The result of the last hormonal assay test I did was high prolactin and low progesterone of which I normally spot during ovulation period but I noticed it stopped three months ago and that was what made me to carry out test so as to ascertain if I'm ovulating, however I will try out the natural soymilk. God bless you sir.

Alright dear. And don't forget, 'delay is not denial'. The wedding gown is a beautiful dress, it's nt sewn in a day. It takes quite some days to hem.
You may have had delay in TTC, but that's because God is taking his time creating a very beautiful baby for you. I'm sure he's through with it. Anytime from now you'll get what you deserve!

4 Likes

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Redeemed(f): 3:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
Redeemed:

@ marc9
Thank doctor, my husband has done seminal fluid analysis and its okay. The result of the last hormonal assay test I did was high prolactin and low progesterone of which I normally spot during ovulation period but I noticed it stopped three months ago and that was what made me to carry out test so as to ascertain if I'm ovulating, however I will try out the natural soymilk. God bless you sir.

Hello doc, thank for your advise. Got to the office today and felt some discharge, only for me to check myself and I saw blood, though not too much but think it more than spotting ( sorry for my choice of words).
I don't understand but I've been praying to God to help me correct and balance my hormones.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
Redeemed:

Hello doc, thank for your advise. Got to the office today and felt some discharge, only for me to check myself and I saw blood, though not too much but think it more than spotting ( sorry for my choice of words).
I don't understand but I've been praying to God to help me correct and balance my hormones.

What cycle date(cd) is today?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Redeemed(f): 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
@marc, cd17 and I have a consistent cycle of 26days, so that got me confused. Thanks for your concern. God bless you always sir.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by benosky(m): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Marc9:

How long has she been married/TTC?
two yrs.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by jesulolami(f): 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hello doctor, my last period started on 19th Jan, i did not see it through out last month, it was only the cramp that started on feb. 18 but my period latter came this morning 1/03 pls what is d cause? Secondly, please tell me all the fertility test that i can do along with my husband and also if you have the idea of the amount that their doing them. please i need yr help. count very much on you.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
jesulolami:
Hello doctor, my last period started on 19th Jan, i did not see it through out last month, it was only the cramp that started on feb. 18 but my period later came this morning 1/03 pls what is d cause? Secondly, please tell me all the fertility test that i can do along with my husband and also if you have the idea of the amount that their doing them. please i need yr help. count very much on you.

Many factors could be responsible for the delay, so I can't be specific, not until investigation is carried out.

The necessary fertility tests are pelvic scan, HSG, and hormonal profiling.

The costs depend on the diagnostic centre.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Redeemed(f): 8:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
@ marc9, good to have you back on the thread, been trying to pm you but could not. Please check my post above so you can understand my challenges so well.

Two days after I spotted (cd19), I had cramps followed by heavy clots of blood (like liver) and the bleeding hadn't stop till now ( a week to be precise) but not too heavy usually preceded ny cramps. Actually, the flow hasn't been all day but comes at will as if when a tap is open and closed. I'm sorry to bother you with my post, just that I'm confused. Thanks again for your help.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by marc99(m): 9:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
!!!!!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
Pls doctor for d past 3 days ve bn having this itching sensation at the tip of my penis and waking up to discover milkish liquid at the penis tip and on my boxers .but this morning wen I was urinating the milkish substance was really thick..I don't know if I can confide in my wife n am scared if it might be an infection..pls help me cos my mind is filled wt negative tots nw
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by marc99(m): 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
betaddict:
Pls doctor for d past 3 days ve bn having this itching sensation at the tip of my penis and waking up to discover milkish liquid at the penis tip and on my boxers .but this morning wen I was urinating the milkish substance was really thick..I don't know if I can confide in my wife n am scared if it might be an infection..pls help me cos my mind is filled wt negative tots nw

From every indication, you seem to have an STI. My take is Gonorrhea neisseria, that's if you also experince dysuria(painful urination).

It's likely you picked up the infection while indulging in extra-marital affair(if your wife is not the primary source).

It is in your wife's best interest to know what you're experincing. She's been exposed. You, with her, would have to run a test, and get treated early enough, before it degenerates. Go to the nearest hospital near you for treatment
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by pwerrymansion(f): 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
Ma'am, trust me, there are lots of benefits 'breastfeeding' your baby for as long as 6months.
Doc goodafternoon. I think I might be having galactorrhea. My baby is 1yr plus 6months. Hubby complained having ingesting BM on one part of my breast though very little. Do I have need to be worried seeing that I stopped breastfeeding 9months ago! Thanks, I urgently await ur response
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by marc99(m): 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
pwerrymansion:
Doc goodafternoon. I think I might be having galactorrhea. My baby is 1yr plus 6months. Hubby complained having ingesting BM on one part of my breast though very little. Do I have need to be worried seeing that I stopped breastfeeding 9months ago! Thanks, I urgently await ur response

I don't think it's galactorrhea. I think it's a case of high prolactin level, probably from bre*st stimulation during sex.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by pwerrymansion(f): 6:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
marc99:

I don't think it's galactorrhea. I think it's a case of high prolactin level, probably from bre*st stimulation during sex.

thank you Doc for ur urgent response. Bt I need to ask if its normal and hence do I need to be or worried?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by marc99(m): 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
pwerrymansion:
thank you Doc for ur urgent response. Bt I need to ask if its normal and hence do I need to be or worried?

It's quite normal. Let me explain what happened.

The period you stopped bre*stfeeding your baby, your prolactin level started dropping. But your hubby didn't give you, or better still your body, enough time to adjust its prolactin level, back to it's normal level. He regularly stimulates your bre*st during sex, and bre*st stimulation has a toll on prolactin level. Thus, your prolactin increases.

As soon as he discontinues the bre*st stimulation, within a short period, the prolactin level will normalise.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by pwerrymansion(f): 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
marc99:

It's quite normal. Let me explain what happened.

The period you stopped bre*stfeeding your baby, your prolactin level started dropping. But your hubby didn't give you, or better still your body, enough time to adjust its prolactin level, back to it's normal level. He regularly stimulates your bre*st during sex, and bre*st stimulation has a toll on prolactin level. Thus, your prolactin increases.

As soon as he discontinues the bre*st stimulation, within a short period, the prolactin level will normalise.
thanks Doc! Bt those are his favorite tools of pre-intimacy and mine as well. grin bt albeit I will have to wean him as well. So am taking my groove back!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by marc99(m): 9:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
pwerrymansion:
thanks Doc! Bt those are his favorite tools of pre-intimacy and mine as well. grin bt albeit I will have to wean him as well. So am taking my groove back!

Smile....

Well, now that you know he's the reason why your breast discharges, it shouldn't worry it.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by marc99(m): 9:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
pwerrymansion:

Smile....

Well, now that you know he's the reason why your breast discharges, it shouldn't worry you
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by pwerrymansion(f): 10:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
marc99:

Smile....

Well, now that you know he's the reason why your breast discharges, it shouldn't worry it.
. Thanks a lot Doc, you,ve just saved a sister from High BP. Thanks to everyone who engineered this platform to help humanity, May God bless you all. Have a goodnight Doc *so relieved*
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by marc99(m): 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
Goodnight dear!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by pwerrymansion(f): 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
marc99:

Smile....

thanks a lot Doc for saving a sister from the pychological stress et al. And to all those who engineered this platform to help and reach out to humanity, I say a big thank you! May God continue to strengthen you guys! Cheers and goodnite.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by alexandershaw: 10:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hello Doc

I would like a second opinion on my chest pain and dizziness, started about three weeks ago, I have the pains as a sharp pain in the center of my chest i feel it more when i lie on my back or when i bend forward. The dizziness happens mostly in the morning.

My first chest xray show slight cardiomegaly according to the report, i subsequently had an ecg at rest that showed a normal ecg, also did a lipid profile test that showed only my triglycerides as being slightly elevated at 192, every other cholesterol indicator was normal.

My blood pressure is always between 120/80 and 135/90 when i have exercised. My second xray about a week after the first at a different place showed normal heart size, a second ecg that was taken pre and post exercise had the following conclusions (Inferolateral strain, myocardia infact)

If this was infact a myocardia infaction as the second ecg states wouldn't i have known this and why does the chest pain persist, and is pronounced only when i lean backward or lean forward, also i do not have the pain when i exercise so i want to rule out Angina.

Any help will be appreciated i can't make sense of this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Identical Twins Married To Twins Give Birth To Identical Twins Same Day / 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths / Commercial Motorcyclist Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.