Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Is A Customer Always Right ? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is A Customer Always Right ? (9926 Views)

Can A Customer Sue Bank For Undeposited Money Lost During Bank Robbery? / GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer / The Customer Is Not Always Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by samseen02(m): 10:47am On Aug 27, 2014
Get one fiverr acc na there u go no say customers are always right.

1 Like

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by komek(m): 10:48am On Aug 27, 2014
@OP, i did not read what u wrote, but iam just answering based on the topic, capital NO. Some customers are not needed in business, because some of them dont grow business, all they do is kill business. Go and read 1 MAN MBA.
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Koolmexxi(m): 11:01am On Aug 27, 2014
Some customers dis days are left jor...
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by gistmelove(m): 11:03am On Aug 27, 2014
CAPITAL NO
Because some customer are scally

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by WarHorse1(m): 11:08am On Aug 27, 2014
i just googles for the origin of the statement and wikipedia show this

"The customer is always right" is a motto or slogan which exhorts service staff to give a high priority to customer satisfaction. It was popularised by pioneering and successful retailers such as Harry Gordon Selfridge, John Wanamaker and Marshall Field. They advocated that customer complaints should be treated seriously so that they should not feel cheated or deceived. This attitude was novel and influential when misrepresentation was rife and caveat emptor (let the buyer beware) was a common legal maxim.[1] Variations include "le client n'a jamais tort" (the customer is never wrong) which was the slogan of hotelier César Ritz[2] who said, "If a diner complains about a dish or the wine, immediately remove it and replace it, no questions asked".[3] A variation frequently used in Germany is "der Kunde ist König", which can be translated with "customer is king".

However it was pointed out as early as 1914 that this view ignores that customers can be dishonest, have unrealistic expectations, and/or try to misuse a product in ways that void the guarantee and states "if we adopt the policy of admitting whatever claims the customer makes to be proper, and if we always settle them at face value, we shall be subjected to inevitable losses."[4] The work concluded "If the customer is made perfectly to understand what it means for him to be right, what right on his part is, then he can be depended on to be right if he is honest, and if he is dishonest, a little effort should result in catching him at it."[5] An article a year later by the same author addressed the caveat emptor aspect while raising many of the same points as the earlier piece.[6]"

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_customer_is_always_right

1 Like

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 27, 2014
Not if you work in tech support
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by 1025: 11:31am On Aug 27, 2014
i was in a place to eat one day when another costumer walked in. as we were waiting to be served, he walked to the container where the foods are stored and opened it. i was mad and asked him and the woman serving what rubbish that was. hmmmm. such costumer can never be right as the woman joined me in the attack insulting the guy and asking him how many times he has warned him about such a timid attitude.
not now that ebola is all over the place.why will that untrained man open the food meant for the public even if it is his wife's kitchen.
with this one point of mine, i hope i have been able to convince and not confuse us here that costumers are not always right.

1 Like

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by HYBREED(m): 11:36am On Aug 27, 2014
This topic is one I have been waiting 4 years. I work as a security operative in a bank and I have to tell you we face the most humiliating shit you can ever imagine. I have been slapped,spat at, cursed,abused and threatened. Its really a pity when a customer thinks because of the "customer is always right" cliche, they can do what they like to you. One happened last week as I was on duty,I was busy parking people when a customer suddenly parked and head 4 a shopping mall very close to my work place,I called her to know where she was headed and to let her know that we don't allow people park without using the bank. She neglected me and boasted that I should do the worst thing I can do. It was so painful to watch her leave without being able to do anything. Then unfortunately for her another rude customer came and park behind her and headed for the same supermarket,she too displaying the same attitude as the earlier customer. When the former came back she at first waited for some minutes and when the customer didn't show up ,she came to meet me where I was and started abusing me that I intentionally parked someone behind her. It was so embarrassing and "enslaving" that I couldn't do anything. The lady that parked behind her came back about 3 hours later after the lady had threatened me with all sort of things. It was not easy as I had to go into my gatehouse and cried. That day I felt as if God just hated me. This issue needs to be revisited .

3 Likes

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by radiant3(f): 11:37am On Aug 27, 2014
YES,Customers are always right!although some customers can be overbearing,all u need do is to tolerate them if u still want to be in business.
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by vicsplash(m): 11:39am On Aug 27, 2014
Customers are always right. In a business term they call customers Kings bcuz they dictate what u sell, how much profit u make, when u close or even when u open.
What will need to do is apply what I call or is called customer orientation to serve ur customers better or even make d most annoying customers comes to agreement with you. Thank you.

#Team. S
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by elohorayodele: 11:49am On Aug 27, 2014
YES, a customer is always right. He is the reason you are in biz/ he pays your salary. In as much as the customer is not throwing punches at you(being violent) or trying to cheat you just like the example cited by the OP, always tolerate and don't return insults. A placated angry customer today would miraculously fetch you more referrals tomorrow
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by segzicres(m): 11:50am On Aug 27, 2014
HYBREED: This topic is one I have been waiting 4 years. I work as a security operative in a bank and I have to tell you we face the most humiliating shit you can ever imagine. I have been slapped,spat at, cursed,abused and threatened. Its really a pity when a customer thinks because of the "customer is always right" cliche, they can do what they like to you. One happened last week as I was on duty,I was busy parking people when a customer suddenly parked and head 4 a shopping mall very close to my work place,I called her to know where she was headed and to let her know that we don't allow people park without using the bank. She neglected me and boasted that I should do the worst thing I can do. It was so painful to watch her leave without being able to do anything. Then unfortunately for her another rude customer came and park behind her and headed for the same supermarket,she too displaying the same attitude as the earlier customer. When the former came back she at first waited for some minutes and when the customer didn't show up ,she came to meet me where I was and started abusing me that I intentionally parked someone behind her. It was so embarrassing and "enslaving" that I couldn't do anything. The lady that parked behind her came back about 3 hours later after the lady had threatened me with all sort of things. It was not easy as I had to go into my gatehouse and cried. That day I felt as if God just hated me. This issue needs to be revisited .
Pele Bishes are always like that
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 27, 2014
Yes they are but I reserve the right to refuse service.

End of discussion.

"I'm sorry that we are not able to accommodate you here but here's a list of nearby LovePeddler rooms for your future usage Sir".
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 27, 2014
elohorayodele: YES, a customer is always right. He is the reason you are in biz/ he pays your salary. In as much as the customer is not throwing punches at you(being violent) or trying to cheat you just like the example cited by the OP, always tolerate and don't return insults. A placated angry customer today would miraculously fetch you more referrals tomorrow

Any business that doesn't get this philosophy is doomed to fail.
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by laplace12(m): 11:58am On Aug 27, 2014
scobaba: i show dem da year when i be customer service officer for oceanic bank.

shueee, u talk to me anyhow, i delay you with fake 'network problem...3hours'. angry

u chance me anyhow for front of your daughter or girlfriend, i collect her fone number from system, begin call am for midnyt, 80% positive result.grin

then if u dare say '..bet customer is always right', i ensure say teller pay u with mutilated cash tongue

I don catch you angry

You follow for people wey fall oceanic bank.
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by scobaba: 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
laplace12:

I don catch you angry

You follow for people wey fall oceanic bank.

lwkm....i wish say i follow, i for be largest boi.

Pally, th Bank fall on top our head.
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
Yes - only if they are a genuine customer
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by SHREKK(m): 12:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nawa for u ooh,so if customer come inside ur shop and give u dirty slap u go sey he right?
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by greall1: 12:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
Yes customer always right because you can't

eat what your selling with your families.
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
If you're this irritated, then don't think of working at any telcos as customer service rep. You will apologise even when they swear for your mother. tongue
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by zubby29(m): 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
its a very hard pill to swallow.but my dear if u love ur job or if u are d owner of d business customers is and will always b right
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Youngzedd(m): 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
[size=20pt]ALWAYS RIGHT. GIVE ME THE DAMN MONEY AND TALK POO AGAIN AND E GO CLEAR FOR YOUR EYES shocked shocked[/size]
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by laplace12(m): 1:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
scobaba:

lwkm....i wish say i follow, i for be largest boi.

Pally, th Bank fall on top our head.

grin grin
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
write2obi: It's simple !swallow the shit, make the bucks, go to some else's shop and have ur pound of flesh.

Well said sir.

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by write2obi(m): 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Johnnoo:
Short & Simple...
Abi oo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by omoredia: 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
#$%^&

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by emmatok(m): 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
Youngzedd: [size=20pt]ALWAYS RIGHT. GIVE ME THE DAMN MONEY AND TALK POO AGAIN AND E GO CLEAR FOR YOUR EYES shocked shocked[/size]

Abi o, the customer is right because I want his/money.
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
sammer4life:
Just because we need to make ends meet, we swallow poo from people in the name of " a customer is always right"....
Customer is always right doesn't implies you can't say No to your customer it implies you should apply courtesy while responding ...

E.g

''Sir, you are correct within your understanding of this scope but our policy in this institution forbids this approach you suggested , a better Option I'm given you sir , and closer to your approach is blahblahblahblah''

what a customer will try with you in your organisation that you will endure , if your neighbour follow you try am , na to wounce am there unless (s)he's a customer too !! cheesy
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Adelivinggreat(m): 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Customers are always right so long as they have enough cash to pay for whatever your offering. They are the reason 4 any business. If u can't tolerate them drive them away wit hot slap n in a week time ur business will give u feedback. Mind u there r competitors
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Originalsly: 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
A customer is always right...... when he is good for the business. It's all about the business and not about you the employee. If the customer is rude to you....is insulting....is asking dumb questions...is annoying ...but is spending then the customer is right...because the business is gaining. If the customer is loud...threatening violence.. ...dressed in rags all smelly and abnoxious. ...but is spending...then that customer is not right (for business) because he is driving away other customers who may never return and that would be bad for business.
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by ShakurM(m): 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
'It's a statement that doesn't really mean what it says. Of course the customer isn't always right. Example: sometimes the customer is shoplifting. Is he still right? No. What the statement means is you should try to avoid arguing with your customers. When they have a complaint you should listen and try to be sympathetic and helpful, not argue. Of course in the real world this doesn't always work, but it's worth making an extra effort, because customer service in many places is awful and if you have really good customer service you're going to stand out.'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Want To Start Your Own Import Export Business? / High Quality Imported Branded Polo T-shirts. / First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.