Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

10 Best Smartphones In The World Today - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today (2931 Views)

Top 10 Cheap Smartphones In Nigeria 2016 – Below N30k / Top 5 Smartphones In Nigeria Under N40,000 (July 2014) / The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by emmanuel45(m): 9:22am On Aug 27, 2014
You want the best smartphone, right? But you are thinking of the one to buy which will fit in to your need, We've whittled our constantly updated selection down to the 10 best handsets you can get your hands on right now. We've still got plenty of other options to feast your eyes on.
We've all got at least one mobile phone each, right? We've probably got about three or four nowadays, and that counts giving your old Nokia 3310 to your Mum a few years ago.
But while you used to be able to just bank on the new Nokia or always get the next Sony Ericsson because it had a half-decent camera, there are now so many great options out there from loads of manufacturers.

The trouble is, how do you decide which is the best one for you?

Well, this is where we make it easy: we've played with nearly every device on the market and have found the ten best you can spend your money on. It needs to be good, after all, given it will reside in your pocket for the next two years.

Here are our rankings for the best mobile phones around with quick verdict analysis:

10. HTC One Mini 2
The processor inside is a little sub par, and the battery life could be a little better, but other than that this is a marvellous little phone that uses design as a big selling point.
It's not got the chops of the Z1 Compact (which is a much more powerful phone in the same sort of chassis size) but overall it's a great device with all the extra HTC bits we've come to love from the brand. Except the Duo Camera, but we reckon you can live without that.

9. iPhone 5S
Let's not beat around the bush here: the iPhone 5S is still one of the great smartphones in the world thanks to a great package of technology, design and UI intuition.
iOS 7 is the update we've needed for a while, and does a lot to help keep Apple current at the sharp end of the market - but we still can't wait to see what the iPhone 6 will bring, as essentially this is still the same phone as the iPhone 5 but with a better engine under the hood.

8. Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Want a great phone that's just a little bit smaller without losing all the power? If so, then we've found your ideal device. Strong CPU, great battery and expandable memory are traits we love to see.
It's not got the same screen sharpness as some of the others on show here, and the camera can oddly throw in a little noise here and there, but these are minor gripes indeed.
It's been launched with a palatable price tag as well - so head on down to your local emporium and throw it in some water. Because it's waterproof too, not because you're a vandal.

7. Nokia Lumia 930
Windows Phone aside, there's a great deal on show here to make this a top-rated smartphone. The build quality is excellent and iconic, and the camera is powerful and results in mostly great snaps. We like that 32GB is on offer as the base model, and wireless charging built in is perfect.
The price is pretty good too, and if you're a fan of Windows Phone there is nothing better right now.

6. Google Nexus 5
We're glad to put this smartphone higher up in the rankings, as it's one of the cheapest out there in terms of bang for buck.
It's a great phone that hits the marks well - it lacks something in terms of innovation, but that's not a problem for those that want to be able to run all manner of apps and games at a decent price. It doesn't come in at the same price point as previous Nexii, but it's still jolly cheap.

5. Samsung Galaxy S5
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is a good phone, apart from the design. It's something that needs to be updated sorely, and while it doesn't have to be an all-metal shell, it needs to evolve.
The S5 has a clear UI, powerful innards and is also waterproof... the rivals might edge it slightly overall, but it's very, very tight at the top and whichever handset you end up with won't disappoint.

4. OnePlus One
We love the fact that a new contender can maintain such a high place in the ranking of the best phones in the world - it means t$hat it's not just a case of 'big budget means best phone'.
We were debating whether the OnePlus could even have gone higher, but there's one big problem that you'll have if you want to get your hands on one: they're impossible to find because you can only buy on invite. Numbers won't ramp up for a while, and probably never to the level of availability of the better-known names.
But if you want a phone that offers supreme power at a really low cost: the OnePlus One is it. It's what the Nexus range used to be, and if Google ditches that program, then thankfully the likes of OnePlus have shown there will be brands to pick up the slack.

3. Sony Xperia Z2
What did Sony need to do to impress? Not a lot, but that screen and camera needed a fix as well as adding in some other features.
Front facing speakers, a new screen with better colour reproduction, 4K video recording and inbuilt noise cancellation all make a great device that should be right on your possible upgrade list.
Make sure you check it out in-store before purchase, as some won't like the larger build, but for a good all-round experience the Xperia Z2 excels.

2. LG G3
The screen on the LG G3, when used properly to display high-resolution content, is immense… LG knew that, and has been rightly making a big deal about it.
The overall design of the phone is vastly improved too, with the faux-metal cover not necessarily feeling great but certainly looks the part when laid on a table.
The camera is powerful too, leading to some great snaps and won't let you down when you need to just capture the moment here and there.
In short, it's a necessary step on LG's quest to make the ultimate smartphone... if you want the best display out there with a good enough battery and strong camera, this is your next phone.

1. HTC One M8
If we were to criticise the One M8, it would be the camera's lack of a megapixel upgrade, which means pictures are a little less sharp than they might otherwise be.
That said, it's a minor point in a phone that has barely any flaws. The lower megapixel camera means faster shutter speeds, and if you don't want to zoom in a lot, most will enjoy the depth perception and background de-focus ability to make some pro-looking snaps.
We urge you to hold this phone for a few seconds and try not to feel at least a small flicker of smartphone attraction. It's got great specs, a splendid design and some clever hardware innovation where the competition is relying on software to do the same thing.

The Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Xperia Z2 failed to take the top spot, and we honestly don't know if the iPhone 6 will be good enough to head straight to the top of the pile when it appears? It looks like you're going to be spoilt for choice in 2014 *smile*.

For more details; Features, best price deals in Nigeria and where you can get reliable ones, you can check out and like our facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/nigeriaphonemarket/

08030644431(whatspp), 27526236(BBpin).

Your Questions/Comments is highly welcome.

Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by Dubby6(m): 11:19am On Aug 27, 2014
Wat of my tecno....op ur a racist!
Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by Collinz2(m): 11:31am On Aug 27, 2014
I love the list
Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by Collinz2(m): 11:33am On Aug 27, 2014
Dubby6: Wat of my tecno....op ur a racist!
he aint no racist, abi u see small pikin phone for there. When u see real phone like 5s,z2,m8,oneplus, s5 u dey call chinko tecno abi
Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by Donkaz(m): 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
Wow!!

Sha... phone wey good na money kill am.
Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by UchihaItachi(m): 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
The list varies depending on who you ask

1 Like

Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by irishCream: 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
Not jus phone dear anything for this world wey gd na money kill am grin
Donkaz: Wow!!

Sha... phone wey good na money kill am.
@ topic I think I will go for sony xperia wen I'm ready cashwise. I luv slim phones embarassed
Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Really considering the Z2 but it overheats gaan! (check it out on youtube) the heat really cracks the glass on some of them, so i'll just settle for the m8 till september wink
Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by xtervaganza(m): 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
Are u serious about the heat cracking the glass? Lol

That one na bomb oo
Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by maxiipriestt: 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
yeah i have been using a sony xperia device (sony xperia SLT26i) and i havn't had enough of it yet. but i have been eyeing the new Z2 and i really wanna get my hands on it. i have sought for the phone to purchase online, but i think it's being protected by certain copyright policies, otherwise i wonder why i can't get it. but i say the Xperia Z2 is the smartest of the smarts as regards smartphones
Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by enochogaga(m): 5:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
as for me tecno numba 2..bad belly people tecno haters.hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
xtervaganza: Are u serious about the heat cracking the glass? Lol

That one na bomb oo

Check YouTube, I just ordered for the m8 quietly, even the 4k res video record is a big problem

1 Like

Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by xtervaganza(m): 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
malikmoreni:

Check YouTube, I just ordered for the m8 quietly, even they 4k res video record is a big problem
na wa den

Too bad for Sony, they did not test their phone well b4 releasing it

1 Like

Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by oyewolestephen(m): 10:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
help!help!!help!!! Cant find my phantom z in dat list why, And dont tell me HTC one mini replace mine
Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by tonididdy(m): 10:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
cool phones
Re: 10 Best Smartphones In The World Today by initialize(m): 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
Only one or 2 phones from the list can compete with the phones I am about mention

Don't be carried away by names, phones specs dictates it performance

You need to check out the following phones the modify your list

Xiaomi Mi4

Zte Nubia Z7

Huawei Honor 6

This 3 phones has better specs with higher perfomance yet cost less than those names up there

"Their names might sound funny but their perfomance is SERIOUS!

Video review of the XIAOMI MI4 vs GALAXY S5 vs iPHONE 6 vs LG G3 vs HTC ONE M8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nm0yk_wVm4

If you looking to buy any of this phones, contact me and i will deliver it to you in record time

Nairaland Mobile HQ || For top Quality Android phones and tablets within your budget...::::Click Here::::....

(1) (Reply)

4G LTE Network Performance For Mobile Network Operators In Nigeria / Photos: A Former Apple CEO Just Launched Two New Android Phones / Adenuga’s Globacom In Fresh Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.