Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... (4101 Views)

Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market / Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) / Tejuosho Model Market: Location And Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by lekkie073(m): 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
the recently commissioned Tejuosho market in yaba.....eko o ni baje ......... cool
lobby 1
directory

Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Ikengawo: 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
Anything with new paint in Nigeria is ultra-modern

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Iluvberem: 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
grin
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by lekkie073(m): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
more.... grin

Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Iluvberem: 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
shocked
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by FastShipping: 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
This is a poor looking architecture. Good intention but bad end product.

Our architects have a long way to go. I was expecting to see state of the art market. There is nothing ultra modern about this structure.

2 Likes

Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Blockus: 2:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
By 2005 - 2014 Standard to Architecture, this is HIGHLY UNACCEPTABLE. angry
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by slimfit1(m): 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
FastShipping: This is a poor looking architecture. Good intention but bad end product.

Our architects have a long way to go. I was expecting to see state of the art market. There is nothing ultra modern about this structure.

Thank God you said that now I don't have to open my mouth.
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Rawani: 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
This is why my dream ticket is Buhari/Fashola. Purposeful Leadership.
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Arosa(m): 2:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
FastShipping: This is a poor looking architecture. Good intention but bad end product.

Can our local market peeps afford to lease or rent this your proposed "state of the art market"?

on a serious note I think it looks good enough. nice one from fashola.
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Blockus: 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Arosa:

Can our local market peeps afford to lease or rent this your proposed "state of the art market"?

You would be shocked to know what they can afford..

Plus:: Nobody ever buys these shops outright, its always on a mortgage argeement entered into between the Government, the Mortgage/financing institution and the Market Women Association.

Shall we continue to be mediocre in everything we do because people are poor?! The money budgetted for this structure is definitely not poor so ..

1 Like

Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by jmaine: 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
OP, go and get a better camera jare . . . .Your shotz is a disservice to the intent of thread . . . .
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by FastShipping: 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
Arosa:

Whatever worth doing, worth doing right.......

The structure looks like the way they build county prisons in the U.S.

Kudos to them for giving the traders a structure but nothing "ultra modern" about this structure.

2 Likes

Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2014

very true, even the old tejuosho market looked better, i will cut them some slack though because there are over 4000 shops and the design has to be practical.

There are better looking halls in the mall though and i also don't like the paint.

1 Like

Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
Arosa:

small shops in the market goes for 200k down payment and subsequent monthly fee. Its quite affordable.
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by lekkie073(m): 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
jmaine: OP, go and get a better camera jare . . . .Your shotz is a disservice to the intent of thread . . . .
had to shrink d images sir....the original copies r to big..... e go chop my precious mb. cry
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Blockus: 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
very true, even the old tejuosho market looked better, i will cut them some slack though because there are over 4000 shops and the design has to be practical.

There are better looking halls in the mall though and i also don't like the paint.

The Paint Job is horrible, looks like some cheapass, fakeass emulsion paint..

The Building works also looks cheap. angry

Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by jmaine: 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
lekkie073: had to shrink d images sir....the original copies r to big..... e go chop my precious mb. cry

I see . . . . .
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
FastShipping:

Kudos to them for giving the traders a structure but nothing "ultra modern" about this structure.
if you consider the 1000/500 (not too sure) spaces under ground car park, them its ultra modern.
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Arosa(m): 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Blockus:

You would be shocked to know what they can afford..

Plus:: Nobody ever buys these shops outright, its always on a mortgage argeement entered into between the Government, the Mortgage/financing institution and the Market Women Association.

Shall we continue to be mediocre in everything we do because people are poor?! The money budgetted for this structure is definitely not poor so ..

Well if you think poor market peeps can afford nicely built shopping malls, then the private sector should come onboard and invest in this area. And no, I don't think we should continue to be mediocre in everything, we just have to make provision for all our citizens.

Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Arosa(m): 3:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
FastShipping:

I agree with you, It's not ultra modern. but it's good enough for the people it was built for.
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Arosa(m): 3:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
small shops in the market goes for 200k down payment and subsequent monthly fee. Its quite affordable.

Thanks for the info, I will take your word for it.

1 Like

Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Blockus: 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
Arosa:

Well if you think poor market peeps can afford nicely built shopping malls, then the private sector should come onboard and invest in this area. And no, I don't think we should continue to be mediocre in everything, we just have to make provision for all our citizens.

[b]I dont think it sir.. I KNOW IT!!

My Grandma (God rest her soul) owned shops in Mile 3 & Mile 1 Markets of Port-Harcourt before she passed.. So I know how they run the financing of these shops. None of those Market women would be able to pay for these shops outrightly so the government makes available to them Mortgage schemes that allow them pay for the shops over a 10 - 15year period.

The Market Women in Tejuosho Market have BASTARD MONEY O!!! I am not talking about the ones that sell on the roadside either.

We cant keep building these halfassed buildings that are best suited for 1995 and still be talking about mordernization. I am certain Nigerian Architects can come up with a killer Market design that is both Mordern and higly practical and fits into the African Market style and if the contract is awarded to a reputable company like those that build the Super houses we see inside Ikoyi and V.I in general, we would see those designs come to life.

I am really tired of how the Nigerian Government is rarely ever futuristic in its approach to anything. Its like nobody has good a vision of where they want their society to be 50 years from now.

Tell me what exactly it is about this picture that would make it too expensive for the government?! Is it the Glass railings or the Plaster of Paris ceiling of the lighting?! Or the smooth and detailed walls?![/b]

1 Like

Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Arosa(m): 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
Blockus:

You have a point there, We will get there someday. I hope! undecided
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by lekkie073(m): 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
those shops cost a minimum of 6.3m outright sale......
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Blockus:

[b]I dont think it sir.. I KNOW IT!!

My Grandma (God rest her soul) owned shops in Mile 3 & Mile 1 Markets of Port-Harcourt before she passed.. So I know how they run the financing of these shops. None of those Market women would be able to pay for these shops outrightly so the government makes available to them Mortgage schemes that allow them pay for the shops over a 10 - 15year period.

The Market Women in Tejuosho Market have BASTARD MONEY O!!! I am not talking about the ones that sell on the roadside either.

We cant keep building these halfassed buildings that are best suited for 1995 and still be talking about mordernization. I am certain Nigerian Architects can come up with a killer Market design that is both Mordern and higly practical and fits into the African Market style and if the contract is awarded to a reputable company like those that build the Super houses we see inside Ikoyi and V.I in general, we would see those designs come to life.

I am really tired of how the Nigerian Government is rarely ever futuristic in its approach to anything. Its like nobody has good a vision of where they want their society to be 50 years from now.

Fact is we do not have companies in Nigeria that make building materials of reasonable quality.Even cement which we manufacture is about 3 or 4 times what it is sold for in some places. Also I do not think government built this market I believe there is some private partnership. However as far as quality goes government cannot do everything.Citizens have a rsponsibility to innovate and create world class companies . We can say a lot about government creating an enabling environment but we as individuals need to raise our game in terms of quality workmanship and innovativeness. The vehicle of that in many cases is a company and we do not have that culture. We cannot even build quality roads by ourselves.shame

Tell me what exactly it is about this picture that would make it too expensive for the government?! Is it the Glass railings or the Plaster of Paris ceiling of the lighting?! Or the smooth and detailed walls?![/b]

Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
lekkie073: those shops cost a minimum of 6.3m outright sale......
initial payment or down payment is 1.7m for full lockup shop, the rest you pay in instalments
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Blockus: 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
lekkie073: those shops cost a minimum of 6.3m outright sale......

38 thousand Dollars...

So it is not cheap.
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by Blockus: 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
initial payment or down payment is 1.7m for full lockup shop, the rest you pay in instalments

How much can one rent these shops per year for?
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by lekkie073(m): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
Blockus:

How much can one rent these shops per year for?
40k monthly....
Re: Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... by lekkie073(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

Comparing Mobile Money Agencies In Nigerian (which Is The Best?) / Make 1000$ In A Few Weeks With Gram For Free / CEO Of Seaman's Aromatic Schnapps Relocates Business To Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.