Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

The Best Things Come To Those Who Wait - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Best Things Come To Those Who Wait (654 Views)

This Groom Can't Wait For His Wedding Night / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome / Do Good Things Come To Those Who Wait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Things Come To Those Who Wait by GirlsClubNG: 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dear Nigerians, it’s my pleasure to be in touch with you again today. I appreciate your very kind words and support through your text messages and would publish them soon. Today, I’d be discussing one of the weapons we’ve been freely given to have the very best of things in life but which unfortunately is rarely used by today’s youth. It is delaying gratification which is the ability to resist the temptation for an immediate reward and wait for a later reward. It is associated with resisting a smaller but more immediate reward in order to receive a larger or more enduring reward later. And a person’s ability to delay gratification relates to other similar skills such as patience, impulse control, self-control and willpower, all of which are involved in self-regulation. I imagine a parent reading this wondering if it’s possible for today’s youth to practice self-regulation. However, I believe a good number of youth who are destined for unusual greatness are conscious that the very best of things in life still come to those who work hard the right way and patiently wait for its reward. I tell you this may not come so easy as one’s childhood orientation determines so much. However, one’s deliberate or do I say forceful will power can help.

For the complete Article : checkout The Guardian on Sunday or click here

http://temiloluokeowo./2014/08/26/the-best-things-come-to-those-who-wait/

(1) (Reply)

What's The Right Age For A Child To Own/be Given A Mobile Phone? / The Ten Worst Countries For Women / 9 Tips On How To Raise Siblings Who Are Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.