Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

The Blue Bungalow, 2 Nepa Poles After The Chemist Shop - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / The Blue Bungalow, 2 Nepa Poles After The Chemist Shop (907 Views)

My Conversation With A Girl Yesterday In A Chemist Shop. / Apkos And D Chemist / Picture Jokes On Barca Vs The Blue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Blue Bungalow, 2 Nepa Poles After The Chemist Shop by benjay1(m): 11:25am On Oct 25, 2008
This one is a good material for the Guinness world record.
Yenagoa, the Bayelsa state capital hasn’t got any street names or house numbers!
Now that’s funny! , and serious too, very, very serious.
If you ask of the house address of any friend or relative resident in Yenagoa, you are most likely to get something resembling, “near, behind, in front off or after so so and so” for an answer.
During a recent visit to that city, I rang my host, immediately I got to the bus stop, to give me directions to his place for the taxi-bike. Is response felt to me like a voyage to Saturn.
“Tell the okada man that you are going towards that junction before PDP secretariat, where those traffic wardens stand, then he should turn right and go straight down. He should not turn left or right o! he should keep going down, down, down, until he sees one big “ODILI FOR PRESIDENT” signboard, then he can turn left and keep moving to the point where the tarred road ends, then turn to the right and count two NEPA poles. In front of one yellow house, you will see a dustbin”.
Believe it or not, that was his address and he wasn’t quite done!
“Get down at the dustbin, then ask of papa Tari from anybody you see. Everybody sabi me for there”.
Uhh!
Bayelsa state was created in 1996, by late general Sani Abacha, and ever since, none of the states four successive mayors have thought it apt to give names to streets in the states largest city and capital Yenagoa.

On behalf of the people of Yenagoa, I call on the Bayelsa state governm…, Wait! Who knows the address of the Bayelsa state government house?
Enh! The big white building after the round about with PDP banners and countless anti-militant soldier guards?

LOL grin
Re: The Blue Bungalow, 2 Nepa Poles After The Chemist Shop by BossTtdiamonds(m): 11:58am On Oct 25, 2008
Tis' one suppose enter world record now. . .
Re: The Blue Bungalow, 2 Nepa Poles After The Chemist Shop by Arcani: 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2008
Expository Essay!!!. I no fit read am o embarassed
Re: The Blue Bungalow, 2 Nepa Poles After The Chemist Shop by dani1luv: 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2008
angry cheesy wink
Re: The Blue Bungalow, 2 Nepa Poles After The Chemist Shop by benjay1(m): 8:53am On Oct 27, 2008
Arcani:

I no fit read am o embarassed

We all understand your situation,
considering the fact that your english teacher was a deaf and dumb, residing at yaba left.

(1) (Reply)

Six Classic Affairs / They Laugh When Monkeys Do It, But When A Man Does It He Get : Slap Bang Wallop / Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.