Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,225 members, 7,957,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:04 PM

Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) (2044 Views)

SUV Climbs Over Another Car In Accident On Oshodi-apapa Road (photos) / PHOTOS: Popular Abu Made Car Being Towed with Another Car / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Raikishi(m): 5:31am On Aug 28, 2014
TRUE STORY: SEAT BELTS WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE

Hello all,
Was driving home yesterday with my junior sister when one of these mad drivers in Abuja came into the express without looking and slammed his brakes when he saw me coming. In a bid to avoid smashing into him (directly to where he was sitting... pretty sure it might have killed him) I tried to dodge and successfully did so but that decision flipped the and made it somersault more times than I can count. The car is nothing to speak about, I thought I would not make it out of that car alive.

How did I survive? I had my seat belt on (I was faithful in the little things) and GOD TOOK OVER AND SAVED ME (Faithful in the BIG LEAGUE where it counts).

As I look back now did I do the right thing or should I have just hit him instead of putting my life and that of my sister at risk?

NB: To top it off, the useless 1d1ot followed one way and ran away (for fear of lynching, I don't know) without coming to see if we were safe.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by doja(m): 5:51am On Aug 28, 2014
Congrats bro
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by talk2riel: 5:53am On Aug 28, 2014
Thank God for your life.
Safety first in all we do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:17am On Aug 28, 2014
Its a split second decision, veering off at a wide angle at top speed caused your car to flip, unfortunately its more of instinct and self preservation to avoid than Ram into an oncoming vehicle, happy you are alive and well.

2 Likes

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 28, 2014
Thank God for your life and I hope your sister is safe. From my driving experience you could have caused more disaster trying to dodge if it were to be a busier Road and that would have put more people in danger and the silly driver will likely zoom off. When driving never be on top speed even if the road seems clear.
Now imagine you and your sister didn't make it out alive I mean nobody will know a silly driver caused it. We will all say you were on high speed or probably slept of on the wheels. On a brighter side you may likely not be alive if you rammed into him so let's thank God for his protection.

1 Like

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 28, 2014
My broda; we thank God s ur life 1st; imagine daat sweet vehicle; just Gone....m
But my advise... Subsequently wen faced with such a situation; pls do not ever; I repeat; Do not ever; sway; n pput ur life @ great risk; instead d careless buffon should be d 1 whose life should b @ risk!!! If he happens to die!!! Well RIP ; when he gets to hell he 'll be more careful (of satan n oda colleagues)
I havve nvr 4 1cej had pity forr hopeless n foolish drivers; not 1 bit; cause even minute conscience dey lack (exemplified in ur own case). If I were U; dat man would have been in hellfire by now...
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by gidjah(m): 6:46am On Aug 28, 2014
TOO bad bro,but all d same ,thank GodForU.next time try brushing him by d side as much as possible instead of heading for d ditch it happened to of once.if i had dodged him, na pit i for find my self, but i choosed to kiss his car and we all shared in d fair loss.and thats y i do not judge drivers at accident scene
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02am On Aug 28, 2014
Raymondenyi: My broda; we thank God s ur life 1st; imagine daat sweet vehicle; just Gone....m
But my advise... Subsequently wen faced with such a situation; pls do not ever; I repeat; Do not ever; sway; n pput ur life @ great risk; instead d careless buffon should be d 1 whose life should b @ risk!!! If he happens to die!!! Well RIP ; when he gets to hell he 'll be more careful (of satan n oda colleagues)
I havve nvr 4 1cej had pity forr hopeless n foolish drivers; not 1 bit; cause even minute conscience dey lack (exemplified in ur own case). If I were U; dat man would have been in hellfire by now...

Guy u de vex o!

1 Like

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by IdaraCHODB(m): 8:04am On Aug 28, 2014
Sorry for your loss.

I have driven a Honda CR-V before.

The vehicle has a high rollover risk. Indeed there is such a notice in the vehicle. And there is a warning to avoid sudden manoeuvres.

Indeed vehicles like Toyota Prado have the same problem and that is why I really don't like such vehicles. I have swerved at high speeds in wide roads in other types of vehicles (lower vehicles) to avoid such incidents and potholes without losing control or tumbling, I'd never try that in a CR-V or Prado and the like.

Its all about understanding the law of vehicle dynamics: A moving vehicle will always operate within the "laws of vehicle dynamics." A transfer of weight from one point of the vehicle to another occurs whenever you, the driver, brake, steer, accelerate, or perform some combination of these actions. This transfer of weight affects the traction of the vehicle.

The key to controlling your vehicle is knowing how much to brake, steer, or accelerate. If your command is inappropriate, your vehicle may become out of control. Like in the instance case, swerving which made the vehicle tip in one direction without a counterbalancing act which would have stabilized it

If I was faced with your situation I would try threshold braking to massively reduce the speed of the vehicle before impact rather than swerve to the left or the right. http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Threshold_braking. Indeed such braking might even reduce the speed of the car to the extent that just 1 to 3 seconds before the hit, if you made the swerve to avoid the hit, the forces acting on the car might not have been sufficient to such it to tumble ( talking as someone who has done this before)

I believe and I stand to be corrected that if you had hit the guy in front frontally the damage to your vehicle would have massive but definitely not as severe, neither would you have suffered those several somersaults.

Don't get me wrong though, I have made several mistakes in my driving. I have had 2 lone accidents, in the first case, i lost one wheel (left front) and the second case I lost 2 wheels (right front and right rear) due to high speed swerves in very narrow roads resulting in hitting road kerbs, but no somersault so I know what I am talking about, I mean the need to understand vehicle dynamics and the effect of sudden abrupt manoeuvres on vehicle stability

There is something I do which I think you should copy...I try to study each and every accident report in the news and then try hard to think, if I were in his situation what would I have done differently to avoid such an outcome. That's what airlines and pilots do, why can't it be applied to driving.

I find that thinking about problems in advance of their happening helps me to plan well-thought out as opposed to panic responses to such incidents.

Once again I am sad at your loss. I hope you have another vehicle or the funds to get another one. Once you get 4 additional legs (making it 6 in all), there is no going back to 2 legs.

All the best

4 Likes

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by IdaraCHODB(m): 8:13am On Aug 28, 2014
I think i really like this emergency driving guide: https://www.sgi.sk.ca/individuals/licensing/studyguides/drivershandbook/advancedskills/emergencydriving.html.

I hope it helps someone!!

I practice so much of what it says and I have gotten out of so many potentially life-threatening/property-wrecking situations as a result
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by abatically(m): 8:35am On Aug 28, 2014
IdaraCHODB: Sorry for your loss.

The vehicle has a high rollover risk. Indeed there is such a notice in the vehicle. And there is a warning to avoid sudden manoeuvres.

Indeed vehicles like Toyota Prado have the same problem and that is why I really don't like such vehicles. I have swerved at high speeds in wide roads in other types of vehicles (lower vehicles) to avoid such incidents and potholes without losing control or tumbling, I'd never try that in a CR-V or Prado and the like.

My brother, let's just thank God for the op's life. This is not a Honda or Toyota thing. All SUV's and crossovers have high rollover rate. In fact all tall vehicles have a high rollover rate and it is clearly written inside the vehicles. We have seen BMW x6 and g wagons rollover .

Any car will rollover even sedans and sports cars. It depends on the driver, speed, center of gravity and angle.
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by IdaraCHODB(m): 8:40am On Aug 28, 2014
abatically:

My brother, let's just thank God for the op's life. This is not a Honda or Toyota thing. All SUV's and crossovers have high rollover rate. In fact all tall vehicles have a high rollover rate and it is clearly written inside the vehicles. We have seen BMW x6 and g wagons rollover .

Any car will rollover even sedans and sports cars. It depends on the driver, speed, center of gravity and angle.

All SUV's and crossovers have high rollover rate. And much higher than the rate for sedans. That is my point, what a sedan will forgive an SUV or crossover won't. Hence the need to be aware at all times of the vehicle dynamics in the vehicle one is driving at any point in time.

Of course, I am happy he survived. But each accident is an opportunity to be a better driver, whether I caused it or I learnt of it or saw that. That's my drift.

OP will drive again, so I felt like sharing with him my survival tips.

Everyday one comes home alive one needs to thank God because the same vehicle which facilitates movement can easily turn into a corpse maker

1 Like

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by uboma(m): 8:44am On Aug 28, 2014
@ op, sorry for your loss and thank God for sparing your lives. I hope your sister made it too. Accidents have been on the increase especially in Abuja. Could it be the good road networks that makes some drive like they are the only ones plying the road?
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by inze(m): 11:25am On Aug 28, 2014
Thank God for His Grace.

1 Like

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Blockus: 11:31am On Aug 28, 2014
Raikishi: TRUE STORY: SEAT BELTS WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE

Hello all,
Was driving home yesterday with my junior sister when one of these mad drivers in Abuja came into the express without looking and slammed his brakes when he saw me coming. In a bid to avoid smashing into him (directly to where he was sitting... pretty sure it might have killed him) I tried to dodge and successfully did so but that decision flipped the and made it somersault more times than I can count. The car is nothing to speak about, I thought I would not make it out of that car alive.

How did I survive? I had my seat belt on (I was faithful in the little things) and GOD TOOK OVER AND SAVED ME (Faithful in the BIG LEAGUE where it counts).

As I look back now did I do the right thing or should I have just hit him instead of putting my life and that of my sister at risk?

NB: To top it off, the useless 1d1ot followed one way and ran away (for fear of lynching, I don't know) without coming to see if we were safe.

Lol...

1. Dude.. You were speeding! And worst of all, speeding with your Spare tyres..

2.. You should eith have impacted him head on (With your legs on the Brakes) or Swerved and avoid breaking hard no matter the skid.. Brakes + swerve = Gobe!!

3... Whilst thanking God, Dont forget to thank the engineers at Honda for the safety features on that car.. Had that been a Suzuki or a Kia.. Na requiem mass we for dey reason by now..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1659179_front_jpegb326eb8a36847150977655a53432fcd4

Speed is sweet but kills..
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Blockus: 11:51am On Aug 28, 2014
IdaraCHODB: Sorry for your loss.

Its all about understanding the law of vehicle dynamics: A moving vehicle will always operate within the "laws of vehicle dynamics." A transfer of weight from one point of the vehicle to another occurs whenever you, the driver, brake, steer, accelerate, or perform some combination of these actions. This transfer of weight affects the traction of the vehicle.

The key to controlling your vehicle is knowing how much to brake, steer, or accelerate. If your command is inappropriate, your vehicle may become out of control. Like in the instance case, swerving which made the vehicle tip in one direction without a counterbalancing act which would have stabilized it

If I was faced with your situation I would try threshold braking to massively reduce the speed of the vehicle before impact rather than swerve to the left or the right. http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Threshold_braking. Indeed such braking might even reduce the speed of the car to the extent that just 1 to 3 seconds before the hit, if you made the swerve to avoid the hit, the forces acting on the car might not have been sufficient to such it to tumble ( talking as someone who has done this before)

I believe and I stand to be corrected that if you had hit the guy in front frontally the damage to your vehicle would have massive but definitely not as severe, neither would you have suffered those several somersaults.

Don't get me wrong though, I have made several mistakes in my driving. I have had 2 lone accidents, in the first case, i lost one wheel (left front) and the second case I lost 2 wheels (right front and right rear) due to high speed swerves in very narrow roads resulting in hitting road kerbs, but no somersault so I know what I am talking about, I mean the need to understand vehicle dynamics and the effect of sudden abrupt manoeuvres on vehicle stability

There is something I do which I think you should copy...I try to study each and every accident report in the news and then try hard to think, if I were in his situation what would I have done differently to avoid such an outcome. That's what airlines and pilots do, why can't it be applied to driving.

I find that thinking about problems in advance of their happening helps me to plan well-thought out as opposed to panic responses to such incidents.

Once again I am sad at your loss. I hope you have another vehicle or the funds to get another one. Once you get 4 additional legs (making it 6 in all), there is no going back to 2 legs.

All the best

[b]Solid post..

I also own a CRV and know that the car is small in width compared to most vehicles and has a high center of gravity which would make it easier to rollover in a highspeed tight angle manuover.

Having experienced 2 spinouts in a VW Bora and an 88 Honda accord (where my car was spinning out of control at high speed), I have come to appreciate the way gravity and physics acts on a car in motion.. it takes far much less to flip a mini-SUV/Crossover like a CRV, RAV-4, i-10 and such than it would take to flip a sedan. I would rather pump my brakes and hope to slow the vehicle down and reduce the impact before collision than to try and swerve as well.. that swerve is a rookie mistake (brought on my instinctive reaction and self preservation) cos what happens is you push the car to one direction, with all the G' is flung in that direction only to counter steer which tries to redirect all that force acting on the car at once, then you have the friction between the road and the tyres acting as resistance coupled with the tyres steering against the force and then the ULTIMATE SIN OF BRAKING and voila...

The OP is indeed lucky and I must say the safety rating on the CRV must be tops cos the roof barely collapsed at all and all the Airbags deployed successfully.. I have seen an elantra that flipped and suffered way way worst fate.

1 Like

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by laivwire(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ramming him straight on would have been better. At lEast that's what I would have done. Braking hard will reduce the speed and cause basically front damage. It's not like the car was racing in the opposite direction, it was a T-bone I guess. The guy would be badly hit but the better as your ride won't be a write off. Thank God tho and for the car.....ileobatojo, ewa lo bu si
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
All those saying, this guy shouldn't have taken evasive action, he should have rammed the other car in the side, he should have tried braking, so he would have hit the other car at a lower speed should think again.

When a car appears from nowhere, and crams on the brakes in front of you, there is very little time to think. Hitting a car in the side - in this case, a door is a bad move. It is probably the weakest part of a car. Depending on the model, and country of origin, it MAY not have side impact beams. Or being Nigeria, they could have been removed during body repair, and never refitted. The driver could have been killed if he was rammed in that area.

It's all too easy to say what you would do in similar circumstances. Personally, if you ask me how I would react if I was the thread starter, honestly, I have no idea. I too would have reacted in the same way, instinctively take evasive action. Whatever answer I would give may NOT match my actions given a real life scenario.

Some posters here are more concerned with the destruction of the car, than what COULD have been the outcome if the thread starter had ploughed into the other vehicle's door. Is saving a car from damage more important than preserving human life?

12 Likes

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by IdaraCHODB(m): 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
My two accidents as described above were all caused by sudden and drastic and ill-though changes in course.

I have driven at very high speeds I do not wish to mention but I never had accidents until I decided twice to perform the above described manoeuvres.

I repeat unless you cannot help it ,as much as possible avoid sudden and drastic changes in course at speed. If you do, then never forget Newton's Third Law of Motion: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

After recovering from each of the above incidents which thankfully involved no one but myself, I went back to "driving school" as it were by doing studying accidents like I was given an assignment, watching videos for hours and days on end, to give me some idea why accidents occur, and why I lost control of the vehicle in the circumstance, and what I could possible do to save myself from future accidents. Like they say, to be forewarned is to be forearmed. Infact, I think this needs to be part of driver education!

I still drive fast, very very fast...but I am extremely careful and cautious and wary of sudden and drastic changes in course at high speed. And i try to keep a cushion of space between me and other drivers in front and behind and even sideways as a margin of safety/precaution whenever and wherever possible.

I survived two of them, I don't intend to toy with my life anymore and I think its reasonable to pass on the message to all who will read this post

If you must drive fast, then you had better be a defensive driver as well, which means among other things anticipating moves and as much as possible keeping self out of harms way and if the worst comes to the worst try your best to put into practice the rules of emergency driving since they can save your life: https://www.sgi.sk.ca/individuals/licensing/studyguides/drivershandbook/advancedskills/emergencydriving.html.

In both of my accidents, I braked so hard that the vehicle skidded, and once it skidded I never could control it again. Had I known before then that I shouldn't brake so hard that the brakes lock, the tires skid, and I'd lose traction, I doubt I would have been involved in both accidents.

So I share the lessons learned in the hope that together we can make the roads safer for you and me!

Like they say, speed is nothing without control!
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
Siena: All those saying, this guy shouldn't have taken evasive action, he should have rammed the other car in the side, he should have tried braking, so he would have hit the other car at a lower speed should think again.

When a car appears from nowhere, and crams on the brakes in front of you, there is very little time to think. Hitting a car in the side - in this case, a door is a bad move. It is probably the weakest part of a car. Depending on the model, and country of origin, it MAY not have side impact beams. Or being Nigeria, they could have been removed during body repair, and never refitted. The driver could have been killed if he was rammed in that area.

It's all too easy to say what you would do in similar circumstances. Personally, if you ask me how I would react if I was the thread starter, honestly, I have no idea. I too would have reacted in the same way, instinctively take evasive action. Whatever answer I would give may NOT match my actions given a real life scenario.

Some posters here are more concerned with the destruction of the car, than what COULD have been the outcome if the thread starter had ploughed into the other vehicle's door. Is saving a car from damage more important than preserving human life?

He risked his life and the sister's life by driving Schumacher.... He should just have applied the brakes and used the offending vehicle as a buffer!
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
smartchoice:

He risked his life and the sister's life by driving Schumacher.... He should just have applied the brakes and used the offending vehicle as a buffer!

Hmmmmm. Meaning sending the offending guy to 6ft below. Looks like he unintentionally performed a 'moose test' in an emergency situation. I quickly switch lanes and deviate suddenly without braking when faced by a dangerous situation anytime I'm manning the wheels (my subconsciousness didn't register it as another danger), but I've learnt now.

1 Like

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
lomomike:

Hmmmmm. Meaning sending the offending guy to 6ft below. Looks like he unintentionally performed a 'moose test' in an emergency situation. I quickly switch lanes and deviate suddenly without braking when faced by a dangerous situation anytime I'm manning the wheels (my subconsciousness didn't register it as another danger), but I've learnt now.

Not necessarily killing the offensive driver.... He can select a section of the car to use as buffer instead of playing Russian roulette with his car occupants' lives!
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
smartchoice: He risked his life and the sister's life by driving Schumacher.... He should just have applied the brakes and used the offending vehicle as a buffer!

As I stated earlier, it's all too easy to pass judgement when you're not the one faced with an emergency situation. You weren't there, so how can you decide this guy risked his and his sister's lives by making the choice he did? His action totalled his car, and he walked away unscathed, with his pride dented, but he's alive.

So let's say he chose to drive into the "offending" vehicle's door, and the driver had died, what would you have said then?

Talk is extremely cheap, when the boot's on the other foot.

5 Likes

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
smartchoice: Not necessarily killing the offensive driver.... He can select a section of the car to use as buffer instead of playing Russian roulette with his car occupants' lives!

Bro, how much time would he have had to "select" a section of the other car that wasn't likely to kill him, because it was too hard?

Sometimes a snap decision is better than a planned one.

2 Likes

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by IdaraCHODB(m): 10:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
To add to the discussion I found this: http://forums.finalgear.com/general-automotive/this-is-why-you-dont-swerve-to-miss-a-deer-35976/ and this: http://www.wikihow.com/Do-an-S-Swerve-in-a-Car

Seems to me all drivers need to add the ability to swerve to their skill-set since it may be called into play someday!!
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by bimbor(m): 10:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
abatically:

Personally, this is one reason I don't dig SUVs. Their high Centre of Gravity. They can so easily topple over from the tiniest sudden Manoeuvre.

@Op we bless God you are alive to tell the story, hope your car was insured? And hope your sister is fine?

1 Like

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by bimbor(m): 11:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Blockus:

Lol...

2.. You should eith have impacted him head on (With your legs on the Brakes) or Swerved and avoid breaking hard no matter the skid.. Brakes + swerve = Gobe!!

3... Whilst thanking God, Dont forget to thank the engineers at Honda for the safety features on that car.. Had that been a Suzuki or a Kia.. Na requiem mass we for dey reason by now..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1659179_front_jpegb326eb8a36847150977655a53432fcd4

Lol.....Bros see as you finish Kia.
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
Siena:

Bro, how much time would he have had to "select" a section of the other car that wasn't likely to kill him, because it was too hard?

Sometimes a snap decision is better than a planned one.
Don't wanna drag this.... It all depends on the driver's reflexes.
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
Siena:

As I stated earlier, it's all too easy to pass judgement when you're not the one faced with an emergency situation. You weren't there, so how can you decide this guy risked his and his sister's lives by making the choice he did? His action totalled his car, and he walked away unscathed, with his pride dented, but he's alive.

So let's say he chose to drive into the "offending" vehicle's door, and the driver had died, what would you have said then?

Talk is extremely cheap, when the boot's on the other foot.

Bro you don't know me.... Or the kinda scrapes av bin in....
Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by abatically(m): 12:02am On Aug 29, 2014
smartchoice:

Bro you don't know me.... Or the kinda scrapes av bin in....

Oh yes, u trained Paul walker.

4 Likes

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 29, 2014
Siena's responses on this thread have been the most reasonable by far.
@op you made a split second decision, whether right or wrong , it's good to see it worked for you and you came out alive.
People need to stop criticizing the op's decision. There's a reason why it's called an 'accident '

1 Like

Re: Should You Hit Another Car At Full Speed Or Dodge? (how A Seat Belt Saved Me) by Raikishi(m): 1:51am On Aug 29, 2014
Blockus:
Lol...

The spare tyre was put on so the car can be towed home... The other tire was more squarish than roundish.
Thanks for all the replies... I have learned quite a lot from 'some' of the posts.

Bought another car today... NOT A JEEP.... I too believe a sedan would have handled better

(1) (2) (Reply)

All New 2016 Honda Pilot / Gear Engages Well; But Car Doesn't Move / Please Recommend A Very Good Auto Electrician (rewire)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.