Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,759 members, 7,955,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria (13886 Views)

Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar / Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump / Nigeria:ex-british Petroleum's Ceo Leads Bidders For $4b Shell Oil Fields (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Akainzo(m): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2014
Billyonaire: Shell is facing corruption and spillage charges in international courts and now they are selling part of their assets to other companies owned by their surrogates. In the end, its just a change of name to avoid much losses after court ruling. I can see through their lies and mischief cos I do this all the time. Crazy corporate m-o-t-h-e-r-f-u-c-k-e-r.

Sure takes a liar to see through a lie!
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Bawss1(m): 11:39am On Aug 28, 2014
Billyonaire: Shell is facing corruption and spillage charges in international courts and now they are selling part of their assets to other companies owned by their surrogates. In the end, its just a change of name to avoid much losses after court ruling. I can see through their lies and mischief cos I do this all the time. Crazy corporate m-o-t-h-e-r-f-u-c-k-e-r.

Shell selling its wells to surrogates? You must think this is some nollywood flick don't you. Anyway your comment, like many others here, is hardly surprising given that many Nlanders have a poor understanding of the oil industry.

2 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by addictiv(m): 11:45am On Aug 28, 2014
with all these coys going offshore, this indicates good news and more jobs drilling and subsea engineers

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by ThundrCork(m): 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
I had to log in to like your post...good point

eledacedar:

The truth is that there are still considerable hydrocarbons in some of these onshore assets that can fetch the local companies money. By the time they run 4D or 5D seismic survey and with new technology, they can go deeper into the OLIGOCENE PLAY and drill deeper.

There are lots of bypassed reservoirs in these oil blocs that the available technology as at the time of exploration in the 60s, 70s and early 80s could not see.
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by successking: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
This is a welcome news.

In fact, i would have appreciated it better if Shell had sold all his investment in Nigeria to our indigenous oil and gas companies.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
Crisis looms!

Do you know that USA has deliberately artificially maintiaining high oil prices, reason is that oil is becoming worthless and they will maintain artificially high until all the multinational oil firms sold off their oil blocks in Nigeria and take out their profits. then they will allow the oil price to crash.

Crisis looms - If oil prices crashes to say $45 per barrel how can FG function? Can they import food? Can they pay salaries?

Crisis looms, that is why USA now have troops in Nigeria under the guise of looking for non-existent "kidnapped" Chibok school girls. USA probably wants to breakup Nigeria before we can get a chance to get a decent patriotic govt that can make us powerful again.

USA are on the ground to shape the Nigeria that may emerge after the crisis / break up

Crisis looms people start taking stock and make contingency plans for outbreak of rioting that may descend into sectarian violence.

people should be prepared so that history doesn't repeat itself - start making contingency plans to protect your lives and property should violence occur.

I am wondering if the Ebola outbreak propaganda US is running is part of its plans to help control Nigerians during the crisis.

crisis looms.
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nobleval: Tell me something else. When they were here what did they do for the communities they exploited?

Agriculture all the way!

Shell ni llehs ko angry

What will they do for the communities.. You do business in Nigeria you pay your taxes to the govt, then the govt pay help the people not the company.. The spillage, is the job of minister of health and pollution that's in charge and will tell SHELL, this are the charges they will pay for environmental degradation. Am sure shell will just bribe the minister and the govt won't bring dispute leaving the community to fend for themselves... Now SHELL say fhuck it, we are out of here (its not worth the business)and selling the wells, just remember the companies that will take over will not pay their workers as much as SHELL. So what have we learnt here, the govt are in charge of taking care of the communities not SHELL or any other company.. Example--- Its just like Danogte now in ivory coast or GLO in Ghana do you want them to start fixing the road or building hospitals in Ghana or ivory coast just becos they doing business there, do you want Dangote and Adenuga to go bankrupt.. u guys have no idea about business, and the more Nigerians have this mentality of blaming the wrong people we going to be underdeveloped for generations..Example of blaming the wrong people, in Owerri or Aba you thief maggi or garri they naked you and beat you to death or burn you with tire, but their Governor who stole the money to fix the road of the same market, they won't use that energy to protest.. they use the famous words "Don't worry god will judge them'.. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2014

How do you think shell a minority partner will call the shots on acquisition?

3 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
musiwa94: [size=18pt]

Allison Madueke is committing international crime for collecting Oil revenue of the Independent country of Western Nigeria because International law does not allow her to do that because Western nigeria is a separate Independent country from Nigeria. Ngozi iweala is also doing the same in taxes. watch the video

www.nairaland.com/attachments/460096_segun12_jpg4bfb4dc2f15478f82dd29518c3681c9d

His Royal Highness

D. A. A. A. AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa

Emperor of country of Independent Western Nigeria ( by International law)
amusiwa@hotmail.com
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoHA_IyLgs&list=UUb87BDP4HGsiqBllDwiejIQ
[img]http://1.bp..com/-uR5oBmOiZlw/UnSwmhyVu8I/AAAAAAAADA4/saP7Xug1_jY/s320/yoruba+flag.gif[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1563488_nigerian-road-map1_gif262cb25cb8baff2eb9384c1565db9b9f[/img]

blame game mscheew...Know worry in some years you guys will be drinking your oil, and taking shower with it.. grin grin
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
eledacedar:

The truth is that there are still considerable hydrocarbons in some of these onshore assets that can fetch the local companies money. By the time they run 4D or 5D seismic survey and with new technology, they can go deeper into the OLIGOCENE PLAY and drill deeper.

There are lots of bypassed reservoirs in these oil blocs that the available technology as at the time of exploration in the 60s, 70s and early 80s could not see.

I agree with you on the technology part but over the last decade, the operational cost onshore the delta has eroded the profit margin, sabotage and sectional strife has become the order of the day in the delta.
technology will only discover more reserves, however, technology will not settle community.

4 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
jpphilips:

I agree with you on the technology part but over the last decade, the operational cost onshore the delta has eroded the profit margin, sabotage and sectional strife has become the order of the day in the delta.
technology will only discover more reserves, however, technology will not settle community.

Ding ding ding. This news does not surprise me. At all.

Oh wait, I have a friend who works at Shell in PH. Gonna ask him what he knows.
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by buJu234: 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
Syenite: Well, our National Oil company is capable of buying over these assets. Soon the NPDC will take full operatorship. Good for Nigerians.

are u sure u re current??

go and find out from those (companies) that bought the previous ones... what NPDC/NNPC/Diesani is using their eyes to see pepper...

none has been able to produced up to 50% of the capacity that Shell optimally produced them...

please note Seplat is not among cos they are operators....

if this is a less corrupt country (with NNPC less corrupt) then wat u said will b true... more jobs to locals & more money to Nigerians....

2 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=GenBuhari]Crisis looms!

Do you know that USA has deliberately artificially maintiaining high oil prices, reason is that oil is becoming worthless and they will maintain artificially high until all the multinational oil firms sold off their oil blocks in Nigeria and take out their profits. then they will allow the oil price to crash.

Crisis looms - If oil prices crashes to say $45 per barrel how can FG function? Can they import food? Can they pay salaries?

Crisis looms, that is why USA now have troops in Nigeria under the guise of looking for non-existent "kidnapped" Chibok school girls. USA probably wants to breakup Nigeria before we can get a chance to get a decent patriotic govt that can make us powerful again.

USA are on the ground to shape the Nigeria that may emerge after the crisis / break up

How is it possible when the US and China are competing for the first spot as the largest crude consumer in the world? US Shale oil revolution is less than 15yrs old and its output is less than 5yr old, so why will the US keep oil prices high when they will be worst hit considering the fact they buy majority of it?
is like saying that Nigerian Govt will increase minimum wage to 100k knowing that it will quadruple their recurrent expenditure.
Why do you think that the nick name for OPEC on diplomatic stage is "western nightmare"? this is because OPEC uses the forces of demand and supply to make oil profitable.

This is how it works, during the Gulf war, oil export was cut off by a reasonable percentage analysts said between 18% - 26%, that shortfall will cause increase in oil prices world wide, the US had to lobby their Ally Saudi Arabia to flood the market to make up for the shortfall else OPEC countries will make huge profits.
The oil wind fall money ($12b) alleged stolen by IBB was gotten from the paradigm shift in demand and supply I mentioned above.

You have always argued about the existence of Ebola but you refuse to visit yaba or the families of the victims, are you not f00ling yourself?
Don't raise your hopes on the US advisers in Nigeria, they said from the onset they will take orders from the Nigerian authorities and we know they were side lined in most of the operations, the result is that Nigeria has conceded a territory of hers to terrorists who intend to establish a caliphate there.

Make no mistakes, the US clandestine operations in NE Nigeria was a CIA intel that has proved that ISIS is a metamorphosis of Alqaeda with a new ideology and leadership, the US DOD strongly believes that Boko haram has ties with Al Qaeda now ISIS, the reason they are running the clandestine Ops, the US DOD in their words have termed the ISIS, the "richest terrorist organization and an incredible fighting force", the botched rescue of the US journalist is a proof of that.

Intel has it that majority if not all of the Chibok girls have been found since June, the US believe that since they are in packets, it is gonna be a sync and coordinated rescue with experienced Special forces that way their lives will not be at risk , if you remember on June 4th, Australia offered Nigeria their Special forces, coincidence? read here;

http://www.punchng.com/news/use-our-special-forces-to-rescue-chibok-girls-australia/

The US left Nigeria out of the loop because of the manner they mismanage information, the British, Canadian, French and SA special forces were all on alert for this operation until your Dumb president rescinded his approval, largely because he doesn't understand why there should be too many foreign boots on ground.

The rescue Ops would have weakened BH significantly but here we are, with BH having a caliphate on Nigerian soil. It will take significant blood shed before the West will agree to help you guys again on this Boko haram issue. Make no mistakes, if BH has ties with ISIS like the US speculate, believe me this country is finished, not even Jonathan is safe.

I have so much regards for the real Gen Buhari and I take it personal when I see you writing Nonsense with the Man's name as your ignorant Moniker.
I asked you on the other Ebola thread if you are educated or you just managed to get access to the internet through Tecno revolution.
You talk like a crazy dude! and don't tell me it is your opinion, it is only fit for animals.

My own opinion about you? illiterate FVCKTARD!!, whose common sense is too overwhelmed to unlearn and relearn.

4 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
addictiv: with all these coys going offshore, this indicates good news and more jobs drilling and subsea engineers

Absolutely!!
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
Bawss1:

Shell selling its wells to surrogates? You must think this is some nollywood flick don't you. Anyway your comment, like many others here, is hardly surprising given that many Nlanders have a poor understanding of the oil industry.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
PiperAlpha: Majority of the Multinational E&P companies are divesting and are now moving offshore due to rising oil theft, community issues, sabotage nd delay in the passage of the PIB. Shell made a very good call IMO. I just hope our indigenous oil companies would be able to manage these assets effectively and create more employment opportunities. However, Taleveras Group and aiteo are not Nigerian companies.

Which part of the PIB favors the IOCs to warrant your statement in bold?

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by babestell(f): 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
I like the way peeps just be running their mouths about economic forces of play that they know nothing about! grin grin
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by eledacedar(f): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
jpphilips:

You are right on the community issue. However, it is easier for companies with Nigerian ownership to approach the communities and reach a mutual agreement compared with the IOCs.

It becomes a we-we thing. The saboteurs believe the IOCs have loads of money to part with when their staff is kidnapped but with properly managed local content( take over by local companies), they will have to shift ground too. It would be easier for Mr Emeka Haruna, MD of a Nigerian company to make the communities understand why they can do better by working together than for Mr Bush Van Dam me, MD of any IOC to reason logically with the communities.

That's my take.

2 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Those who have ears, let them hear !
GenBuhari: Crisis looms!

Crisis looms people start taking stock and make contingency plans for outbreak of rioting that may descend into sectarian violence.

people should be prepared so that history doesn't repeat itself - start making contingency plans to protect your lives and property should violence occur.

I am wondering if the Ebola outbreak propaganda US is running is part of its plans to help control Nigerians during the crisis.

crisis looms.
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by defman5: 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
jpphilips:
I agree with you completely, it baffled me when spdc West was still operational, we lost heavily on production that most locations were no longer profitable, huge amounts were lost to pipeline repairs and other forms of sabotage, immediately SPDC west was sold to Nest Oil and Seplat, all the sabotage ended, production doubled, the new guys smiled to the bank, Only in Nigeria.
Nigerians go hear am with this one!!
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Bawss1(m): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
babestell: I like the way peeps just be running their mouths about economic forces of play that they know nothing about! grin grin

What's there to like, its pretty embarrassing if you ask me. People who, presumably, are adults and should know better than display their ignorance for the world to see. This forum has more than its fair share of dolts running about.

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Bawss1(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
eledacedar:

You are right on the community issue. However, it is easier for companies with Nigerian ownership to approach the communities and reach a mutual agreement compared with the IOCs.

It becomes a we-we thing. The saboteurs believe the IOCs have loads of money to part with when their staff is kidnapped but with properly managed local content( take over by local companies), they will have to shift ground too. It would be easier for Mr Emeka Haruna, MD of a Nigerian company to make the communities understand why they can do better by working together than for Mr Bush Van Dam me, MD of any IOC to reason logically with the communities.

That's my take.

You are assuming that community relations in these IOCs is handled directly by foreign staff or the upper echelons of management. In many, if not all cases you will find indigenes of the community or state in the relations team yet the problems of dealing with the host still persists. I don't think a Nigerian company will fare any better than the IOCs here.

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by defman5: 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
Bonga field produces over 200, 000 bbls of oil per day. Agbami field operated by Chevron will also produce 250, 000 bbls per day, Akpo field produces close to 200, 000 bbls per day operated by Total. The multi-nationals have massive reservoirs offshore and its more profitable to them to produce offshore given the size of their reservoirs compared to their onshore assets where most of their fields are produce less than 100, 000 bbls a day or even far less. But not with standing at the moment Shell still has drilling campaigns to supercede 2016 and beyond onshore. The reason for this is that they still see a lot of prospects onshore with newer technologies they can drill deeper and access larger reservoirs and also find by passed oil. These companies will only invest in any field that is worth the trouble in terms of investment and safety. What they have simply done is that they are letting go of their least profitable and most troublesome fields in terms of investment and safety. In Shell's words they are streamlining their business to make it more profitable.

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by bulletproofmonk(m): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
2sExy1: It's nothing new na, Make them pack commot sef. They haven't responded to the damaged lands in people's communities

allanphash7: all this is just to read and know what is going on in our economy , it has no value in the life of the youth or even masses. those wey get this country know themself,, Nigeria is not for everybody. SMH

Apparently, you both don't have the faintest idea of how the industry works...

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
jpphilips:

Which part of the PIB favors the IOCs to warrant your statement in bold?

An enabling and conducive business environment. IOC's have also dominated the Nigeria's oil and gas industry for a very long time.
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
bulletproofmonk:

Apparently, you both don't have the faintest idea of how the industry works...

how does the industry work? I know shell is leaving onshore and going offshore. Didn't they at one time say they want to leave Nigeria? what are they still doing here?
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
EFCC that was created by a scammer Thief Obasanjo
texazzpete:

I long for the day either the EFCC or aggrieved victims will hunt your scamming backside down and shoot you in the left testicle.

Bloody scammer!
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Neduzze5(m): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nobleval: Is that the best you could do?

Lol... Yeah, I wanted to ask a question sha but I forgot what I wanted to ask tongue
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
eledacedar:

That's my take.

It has always been that way, the IOC's CLO's are all from the host community but it doesn't really solve the problem, yes, Nigerian owned companies get caught up in the whole community web most times, it is same for every one, If Shell goes, the Nigerian partners wont fare better, the only difference may be the difference between what the white man termed "profit" and what the black man termed "profit
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
Bawss1:

You are assuming that community relations in these IOCs is handled directly by foreign staff or the upper echelons of management. In many, if not all cases you will find indigenes of the community or state in the relations team yet the problems of dealing with the host still persists. I don't think a Nigerian company will fare any better than the IOCs here.

Absolutely!!

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
PiperAlpha:
An enabling and conducive business environment. IOC's have also dominated the Nigeria's oil and gas industry for a very long time.

what is "enabling" and "conducive" about the PIB? or just some of those Hot words of madueke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Small Nigerian Oil Producers May Merge To Survive Price Slump / What Went Wrong With The Atm Service Today? / Forex Project $50 - $1000!!! Join Me For Live Trading Here! Free $50 Account!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.