Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria (13765 Views)

Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar / Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump / Nigeria:ex-british Petroleum's Ceo Leads Bidders For $4b Shell Oil Fields (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 28, 2014
eazisky: My dad was one of the buyer
was? Indeed. sad
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by ibkgab001: 9:01am On Aug 28, 2014
Good for them
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Culbobby(m): 9:01am On Aug 28, 2014
Wise-ass mofos, those oil wells are probably drying up. Ask yourself, would I sell my pops house if there's a scared room that keeps minting out cash?( nollywood movie)...''Local buyer'' pls don't do it!
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 9:02am On Aug 28, 2014
Shell is still spending billions of Naira on discovery of new oil fileds.
The ones they sold were sold for operational reasons.
They have no plans to leave at all.

2 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by rattlesnake(m): 9:06am On Aug 28, 2014
Nothing concin us
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by sherrylo: 9:12am On Aug 28, 2014
Na them sabi
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Uzzie: 9:14am On Aug 28, 2014
Syenite: Well, our National Oil company is capable of buying over these assets. Soon the NPDC will take full operatorship. Good for Nigerians.

Op how u take do am? While it took some threads 3yrs to make front page, it took urs just minutes. God will answer my prayers in minutes o. Amen.

LOL, buy over what?? how much do they even own in some of these developments?
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by eledacedar(f): 9:24am On Aug 28, 2014
o2k: If a wise man finds a treasure on an island, he would go back home and sell all that he has, and use the proceed to buy that island.
has shell found that treasure? Only time will tell

Shell has found the treasure in their offshore assets. The reservoirs there have more hydrocarbons than the onshore assets and the stress is reduced for them.

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by babestell(f): 9:28am On Aug 28, 2014
Nope they are not drying up. Just that the cost of doing business onshore has drastically increased due to non technical risks. Also there is a drive by the Country to allow more Nigerians into the Upstream Sector

Culbobby: Wise-ass mofos, those oil wells are probably drying up. Ask yourself, would I sell my pops house if there's a scared room that keeps minting out cash?( nollywood movie)...''Local buyer'' pls don't do it!

6 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 28, 2014
Job cut. Pursuing a career in the upstream/downstream sector will now be an option for lots
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by eledacedar(f): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2014
Culbobby: Wise-ass mofos, those oil wells are probably drying up. Ask yourself, would I sell my pops house if there's a scared room that keeps minting out cash?( nollywood movie)...''Local buyer'' pls don't do it!

The truth is that there are still considerable hydrocarbons in some of these onshore assets that can fetch the local companies money. By the time they run 4D or 5D seismic survey and with new technology, they can go deeper into the OLIGOCENE PLAY and drill deeper.

There are lots of bypassed reservoirs in these oil blocs that the available technology as at the time of exploration in the 60s, 70s and early 80s could not see.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by komek(m): 9:38am On Aug 28, 2014
lirusehn: i swear i didn't read it.

The ist four lines didn't seem like am gonna undastand the whole write-up.
undecided

I guess it is too complex for ur understanding.
Go and read entertainment or Fashion Magazines.

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by lirusehn(m): 9:40am On Aug 28, 2014
komek:

I guess it is too complex for ur understanding.
Go and read entertainment or Fashion Magazines.

TNX undecided
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Tex42(m): 9:53am On Aug 28, 2014
what a foreign company could not manage,i don't think our loocal companies can.
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by omoredia: 10:03am On Aug 28, 2014
get today &*( &

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 28, 2014
They are definately seeing the handwriting on the wall. Come 2015 hands on tha oilwells gona shift, best to take proactive measures now.
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 10:24am On Aug 28, 2014
Syenite: Well, our National Oil company is capable of buying over these assets. Soon the NPDC will take full operatorship. Good for Nigerians.

Op how u take do am? While it took some threads 3yrs to make front page, it took urs just minutes. God will answer my prayers in minutes o. Amen.

In your dreams, Shell has finally bowed to the fire power of corruption, they are finally leaving onshore operations to concentrate fully on offshore operations, it is gonna be bad for Nigerians because the new owners will definitely be friends of the president, never mind the credibility of the coys bidding now, Nigerians have been enslaved once more,
poor shell!, poor Nigerians!!

5 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by sylve11: 10:25am On Aug 28, 2014

Bro, stop talking nonsense, NPDC na company wey go take us to anywhere? With high level of corruption and incompetence + tribalism? angry angry cool
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 10:33am On Aug 28, 2014
eledacedar:

Shell has found the treasure in their offshore assets. The reservoirs there have more hydrocarbons than the onshore assets and the stress is reduced for them.

I agree with you completely, it baffled me when spdc West was still operational, we lost heavily on production that most locations were no longer profitable, huge amounts were lost to pipeline repairs and other forms of sabotage, immediately SPDC west was sold to Nest Oil and Seplat, all the sabotage ended, production doubled, the new guys smiled to the bank, Only in Nigeria.
Nigerians go hear am with this one!!

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2014
SeaGold: Job cut. Pursuing a career in the upstream/downstream sector will now be an option for lots

Nigerians keeping hope alive since 1914, your eyes will clear when you get into the industry, the truth is this, where a man sees and runs away, you cannever be guaranteed peace especially if the former's reasons were legitimate.

5 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 28, 2014
is because of the imminent break up
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 28, 2014
Shell is facing corruption and spillage charges in international courts and now they are selling part of their assets to other companies owned by their surrogates. In the end, its just a change of name to avoid much losses after court ruling. I can see through their lies and mischief cos I do this all the time. Crazy corporate m-o-t-h-e-r-f-u-c-k-e-r.
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Djbaka(m): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2014
This is serious. shocked

Who owns those indigenous companies competing for OML 29?
Get me their E-mail make i apply. undecided

I don get JOB grin

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 28, 2014
Majority of the Multinational E&P companies are divesting and are now moving offshore due to rising oil theft, community issues, sabotage nd delay in the passage of the PIB. Shell made a very good call IMO. I just hope our indigenous oil companies would be able to manage these assets effectively and create more employment opportunities. However, Taleveras Group and aiteo are not Nigerian companies.

3 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by iamord(m): 10:48am On Aug 28, 2014
MarvellousGod: They don dey pack because they know say oil go soon finish for Naija.. undecided undecided

They Don Dey Pack cos doing buisness in Nigeria is stressful. The good thing is that they have packed enough money.. Keep calm and think this is a good sign.. The day USA gets energy. Security and oil prices drop then u will know what's up

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by mki: 10:51am On Aug 28, 2014
The truth is that Shell is leaving because of the never ending greed of the host communities in the Niger Delta. Despite the schorlarships, favoured employment, roads, school blocks, free electricity, hospitals etc given to these people by Shell, the demands kept growing by the day. No company can do good business under such an environment. I once witnessed a situation when a rig was held hostage by an Isoko community for months. This was a rig hired by Shell at millions of US dollars per day. Shell has simply had enough. They will now have to deal with the new operators and Shell is moving offshore where the stress is less.

2 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by EPOMA(m): 11:07am On Aug 28, 2014
The Anglo-Dutch group, which says it has done its best to clear up pollution and has blamed past oil spills on sabotage, has been trying to reduce its commitment to the troubled area for years but has only now apparently found local buyers willing to pay the prices it has been demanding.

Who are the local buyers, name them.this are they looters and they will never return the proceeds to Nigerian Government
Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by eledacedar(f): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2014
jpphilips:

I agree with you completely, it baffled me when spdc West was still operational, we lost heavily on production that most locations were no longer profitable, huge amounts were lost to pipeline repairs and other forms of sabotage, immediately SPDC west was sold to Nest Oil and Seplat, all the sabotage ended, production doubled, the new guys smiled to the bank, Only in Nigeria.
Nigerians go hear am with this one!!

The foreigners have. Come to understand the logic behind the whole issue. When a staff of the IOCs are kidnapped, the companies pay heavily. With the change of ownership, the new owners can easily get in touch with the 'boys' and beg them to understand that it is we- we o, no spoil our business, we will sort out.

The 'boys' will show some sympathy to the indigenes as compared to the IOCs.

Have you seen the Nigerian movie on the oil industry, BLOOD AND OIL?

2 Likes

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by PassingShot(m): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2014
musiwa94: [size=18pt]

Allison Madueke is committing international crime for collecting Oil revenue of the Independent country of Western Nigeria because International law does not allow her to do that because Western nigeria is a separate Independent country from Nigeria. Ngozi iweala is also doing the same in taxes. watch the video

www.nairaland.com/attachments/460096_segun12_jpg4bfb4dc2f15478f82dd29518c3681c9d

His Royal Highness

D. A. A. A. AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa

Emperor of country of Independent Western Nigeria ( by International law)
amusiwa@hotmail.com
[/size]

Kolo mental.

Worry not much. At least you bring some comical relief to the show. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria by merieam16(f): 11:35am On Aug 28, 2014
Just chillin wif oil money grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Segun Agbaje Wins CEO Of The Year In London / Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency / Fire Outbreak In Sabon Gari Market, Kano (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.