Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa (23648 Views)

Ten Amazing Things Many Don’t Know About Africa!!! / 10 Fact About Africa. I Bet No Nairalanders Know These Fact. / Amazing Facts About Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by HandOfChukwu: 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
The truth is that without African-Americans black people all around the world be viewed as nothing but weak and inferior AIDS infested monkeys who live in mud huts and speak in clicks, it makes me wonder why so many Africans have a dislike for African-Americans but will worship the very people that hate you and colonized the whole of Africa, the whites. They robbed and stole from Africa all while calling you inferior, they used the most brutal form of slavery to ever exist on Africans for over 400 years and to this very day they they still hate you just they as the did back then and they see you as being at the very bottom of society but you don't like black Americans? But white Americans that are living off of African slavery are okay? .......and then you complain that black Americans treat you differently and wonder why?
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
_____

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
____

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Lucasbalo(m): 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
BadBoy25: everything in South africa was built by whites .
You know you are a rabble rouser . I don't want to get in a dung hole with you. Have a nice day.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by HandOfChukwu: 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
BadBoy25: black people sold each other into slavery and still practice slavery today in the form of maid maltreatment and baby factories .
most quality developments in Nigeria are done by Julius Berger(a white company)
the United states discovered oil in Nigeria and gave Nigeria an oil rich economy. what have you done with the billions of dollars worth of royalties?
other natural resources were also discovered in africa . you should be grateful instead . you were granted a visa to migrate to the US ,canada ,australia or europe for a better life to enjoy some of the so called colonial loot. during your stay in one of these developed nations , you have now become more enlightened in many aspects than your peers back in africa. is this how you show your gratitude?
Julius Berger is majority Nigerian owned and has been for a while now, another thing I want to say is stop acting like some big tough guy on the internet because you know for a fact you wouldn't be talking all that tough sh1t in the real world.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
______

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Neyoyo(m): 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
My english teacher in secondary school told me an interesting story. He said an uncle of his who schooled in the US in the sixties was speaking to his mother on phone in yoruba language.His(uncle's) white landlady was suprised and exclaimed that she did not know the telephone hears african languages too.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by fonkiee: 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
when we were leaving in uk, my sons school were always asking him questions like these and these are the answers he gives:
do you know marshal in africa (Marshal is from somalia, we are from nigeria)? the answer: yes, africa is a street.
do you see elephant in front of your house in africa? the answer: yes we use to climb elephant to market (my son was born in Lagos and has never been to any village)
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by HandOfChukwu: 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
BadBoy25: Julius Berge added "Nigeria PLC" due to heavy taxation in Germany. Julius Berger is a white German company with white caucasian brains behind the projects outcome . all of Julius Berg's revenue goes back to Germany .
in real life , I would knock you out , tie you up and put you in a barrel. I don't know how many stitches and surgeries you would be needing on your Jaw and face . the doctor should figure that out .
Like i said before the company is 60% Nigerian owned. All that sh1t aside if you really want to tie me up and put in a barrel id be more than happy to meet you face to face and play games so just tell me where you are and lets see if we can make this happen...

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by HandOfChukwu: 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
come on badboy25 lets see if we can make your dream come through i really want to meet you in person and show you something
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by HandOfChukwu: 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
im not waiting for this white b1tch all day..im going offline but i hope you respond white boy im not fukk1ng around i will come and meet if you are in naija know that anything goes
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by bigfrancis21: 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Pronmix: Same annoying Misconception I hate @Karchisbarbie thinking Africa is one small uncivilized country somewhere. Imagine chatting with some white skin head on Facebook and he kept making statements like "wow you speak good English" and tell me "do you have a pet lion" and being the sarcastic id10t I am lol I kept feeding his stupidity more even told him my family is into lion rearing, that it is our family business. The id10t would call somebody's name and ask if I know him. I'll be like wtf we learn about you fools in school don't they teach yous about us?.

You just made my day. grin

The pervasive ignorance about Africa here is quite alarming.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
all4naija:
I can see there are very few neurons still alive in your brain. You need help,dude! The truth hurts. She said the truth and if you can't live with that you better stop reading her write-ups. Nigeria is a backward country. That is a fact!
If your dad was a homosexual you will still be a slimy tadpole locked up in a cheap sack of bruised gold circle. You should be on life support. Your brain is in a vegetative state.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by MsNas(f): 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lucasbalo: Gbam. The same here in Chitown . Remember the first time I went with five of my colleagues here to South Africa and we got to the airport in Johannesburg , you can't believe how surprised this white guys were. Asking me if this is Africa . We stayed 10 days working in Pretoria and Johannesburg and this guys got back to Chicago and passed words around that Africa is different from their perceptions.
You can't begin to imagine the bull-crap questions these people have asked me! I cannot just start telling them all. These questions makes me wonder if they have never picked up a book to read, or watch the news. And yet some self hating Africans and Nigerians have the guts to tell me I'm misleading the American Populace about what exactly my homeland is. What do the expect me to tell these Americans, that Nigeria is filled with lions and tigers and what have you when I've only seen a lion once, all through my stay in Nigeria? Nigerians are their own worst enemies, I tell you!

You tell the Americans Nigeria is a beautiful place, Nigerians attack you saying you're telling a lie. You tell Americans Nigeria us a jungle over-run by people fighting senseless wars, corruption risen, Boko Haram Infested, bad roads, zero health care, Nigerians Ho for your jugular and tell you you're selling out your own. I'm just tired!

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Chickenstew: 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
HandOfChukwu: im not waiting for this white b1tch all day..im going offline but i hope you respond white boy im not fukk1ng around i will come and meet if you are in naija know that anything goes
Take a deep breath. People can type anything on a faceless forum. That guy is just a frustrated skinny Somali nigga from the USA. Nothing to be upset about at all at all.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Joel3(m): 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
cole265:
Sincere for for you. Animals that gobbled up Bola ige, Kudirat Abiola, Funso Williams, the list is endless.
i dont get you?
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Lucasbalo(m): 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
MsNas:
You can't begin to imagine the bull-crap questions these people have asked me! I cannot just start telling them all. These questions makes me wonder if they have never picked up a book to read, or watch the news. And yet some self hating Africans and Nigerians have the guts to tell me I'm misleading the American Populace about what exactly my homeland is. What do the expect me to tell these Americans, that Nigeria is filled with lions and tigers and what have you when I've only seen a lion once, all through my stay in Nigeria? Nigerians are their own worst enemies, I tell you!

You tell the Americans Nigeria is a beautiful place, Nigerians attack you saying you're telling a lie. You tell Americans Nigeria us a jungle over-run by people fighting senseless wars, corruption risen, Boko Haram Infested, bad roads, zero health care, Nigerians Ho for your jugular and tell you you're selling out your own. I'm just tired!
Some of our guys here on nairaland you just have to ignore. That's why I refer to the guy as a rabble rouser . You will be surprised how you will be called names easily by people on nairaland due to the fact that they can't argue rationally . Just ignore them and stay focused .

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
What can i say, some guys here have said it all... Africa isn't a country, we have a lot diversities. .both in language, facial features, cultures & tradition, etc.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by MsNas(f): 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lucasbalo: Some of our guys here on nairaland you just have to ignore. That's why I refer to the guy as a rabble rouser . You will be surprised how you will be called names easily by people on nairaland due to the fact that they can't ague rationally . Just ignore them and stay focused .
Exactly. Rational thinking isn't some people's forte. They know that, yet they will do anything to get into an argument with you. Smh

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
______
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Lucasbalo(m): 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
MsNas:
Exactly. Rational thinking isn't some people's forte. They know that, yet they will do anything to get into an argument with you. Smh
With made in China cheap phones, everyone is a star on nairaland
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
Some even think that Africans sleep on threes
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
Some even think that Africans sleep on trees
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
BadBoy25: black people sold each other into slavery and still practice slavery today in the form of maid maltreatment and baby factories .
most quality developments in Nigeria are done by Julius Berger(a white company)
the United states discovered oil in Nigeria and gave Nigeria an oil rich economy. what have you done with the billions of dollars worth of royalties?
other natural resources were also discovered in africa . you should be grateful instead . you were granted a visa to migrate to the US ,canada ,australia or europe for a better life to enjoy some of the so called colonial loot. during your stay in one of these developed nations , you have now become more enlightened in many aspects than your peers back in africa. is this how you show your gratitude?
I disagree with this your statement. It is not completely correct.

1) Black people didn't sell themselves but were forced by the barrel of guns into slavery. That is a big lie in history to demean the gravity of slavery.

2) There are baby factories in Africa and they are mainly found in Nigeria. What a horrible people though!

3) You are correct about Julius Berger being white company. The subsidiary in Nigeria is largely owned by Nigerians.

4) Oil was first discovered in Nigeria by Anglo-Dutch, Shell-PB company, not United States.

This is not about gratitude. You are holding people to white supremacy's notion here and it is not a good thing. We all complementary to each other on this earth. Indeed, without black people there wouldn't be white people today, that is according to science on human evolution. Does that mean white people should be grateful to black people?
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
chukwuma101: If your dad was a homosexual you will still be a slimy tadpole locked up in a cheap sack of bruised gold circle. You should be on life support. Your brain is in a vegetative state.
Hehehe... What have you been smoking lately?! Whatever it is, I know it is not good for your health! angry lipsrsealed cry cry
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
_____
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
____
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by youngvizzy1(m): 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lucasbalo: Gbam and Gbam .
cheesy
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
@op I think the misconception came from those illitrates among them and those that are not well exposed or travelled out,about the sickness and diseases someone mention,go there and u will see their terrible diseases,some of our doctor don't even know how to treat it but since is their disease they treat it and kept quiet.
Lastly,I think they are blessed right from GOD,let say the truth.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Pronmix(m): 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
bigfrancis21:

You just made my day. grin

The pervasive ignorance about Africa here is quite alarming.
True, the media are not helping matters, yeah everbody has one misconception or the other about things but the one about Africa is alarming.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by cole265(m): 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
Joel3: i don't get you?
Is it not animalistic that the personalities mentioned above were killed gruesomely? Yet no clue as to tracking the killers. This only happen in animal kingdom. Hope you get it now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lead City University Final Year Student Dies In Car Accident In Ibadan (Photos) / My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY / Car Bursts Into Flames On The Rumuola Flyover, Port Harcourt (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.