Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,724 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ (1616 Views)

Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability / Your Top 3 Sections On Nairaland / How To Stop Curses And Abuses On Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MizMyColi(f): 10:22am On Aug 28, 2014

With permission from my diary, there are two thoughts I'd like to put to paper, screen maybe viz:

1.Power of affirming people
2.Being in-love and The decision to love.

Emphasis on Number One
My Thoughts:

I've always heard the cliché quote "Action speaks louder than voice".
But I'm convinced that action does not always speak louder than words.

Here’s an example:
“People are more likely to show forgiving behavior if they receive restitution (action), but they are more prone to report they have forgiven if they get an apology (words), according to new research.” - Research (Baylor University)

I’m usually piqued at the reality that people capitalize on the fact that this is a faceless forum and then begin to hurl very libellous and demeaning words at people on here, (I’m not referring to those in the politics section, I see it’s a culture there) people who for different reasons have decided to confide in strangers (That’s bravery) and in lieu of sound advice and words of encouragement, what that individual gets are words like: “Moronic F00l!” “Eediot!” “Wh0re!” “_Bastard!”…………..the list is endless.
What is more irksome is the fact that the lives of most of the people who use these words, judging by human standards are in no way better than those who have come to share their lives with us – strangers.

When people like me arise in their defense, they try to put us down by saying “This is nairaland, a faceless forum, don’t take anything on here too serious”.
Yes, I agree that one should not take life as a whole too serious, but then, for something I give any iota of my time to, albeit in this case, more of my time (like most of us), surely! Whether we admit or not, it is an important part of our lives. #NoShame We see it as an avenue to reach out to others and for others to reach out to us.

That said:
We’re prone to forget that while this is a faceless forum, it is actually run and participated in, by people with a face! People with emotions and feelings! People who desire friendship! PEOPLE!!!
We need to learn to give everyone grace.
That fact that I’ve developed a turtle shell to insults doesn’t mean the poster below or above me or even 20 spaces above has.
That you know what you know today doesn’t mean you and what you know should become an affront to others. You were once like them.
Starting today, I choose to walk in this consciousness that I carry Life and I carry Death in my tongue – in this context, it’ll be my hands………..
I’ve also chosen to walk in the understanding that what I give is what I get, if I give Life and its likes through my words, I get Life. If I give Death and its likes through my words, well undecided undecided undecided

Henceforth before I speak, I will THINK:

Is it Thoughtful
Is it Helpful
Is it Inspiring
Is it Necessary
Is it Kind

That said:

I am Mizmycoli: Life and Love is my Religion.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Dygeasy(m): 10:29am On Aug 28, 2014
Mizmycoli, until you finish, I don't know what to say.
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Chinoble(f): 10:48am On Aug 28, 2014
Owk.
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by dre11(m): 10:50am On Aug 28, 2014
did registered mah presence.....

GOD is love..... so also my Saviour is love and he did preached it everywhere he goes
I just hope u we can understand the concept of agape love and try to emulate the message it carries and practise it... in our own bit as much our power can take
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by SortCode(m): 11:37am On Aug 28, 2014
°
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MizMyColi(f): 11:50am On Aug 28, 2014
^^^ What's the meaning of that?
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Soknown: 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
IT MIGHT.
You never know when someone may catch a dream from you.
You never know when a little word or something that you do may open up a window of the mind that seeks the light.
The way you live may not matter at all.... but you never know....It might.
And just in case it could be that another's life through you might possibly change for the better with a broader, brighter view.
It seems it might worth a try, at pointing the way to the right.
Of course it may not matter at all... But then again,.... IT MIGHT.
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MizMyColi(f): 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nice cool
Soknown: IT MIGHT.
You never know when someone may catch a dream from you.
You never know when a little word or something that you do may open up a window of the mind that seeks the light.
The way you live may not matter at all.... but you never know....It might.
And just in case it could be that another's life through you might possibly change for the better with a broader, brighter view.
It seems it might worth a try, at pointing the way to the right.
Of course it may not matter at all... But then again,.... IT MIGHT.

1 Like

Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 29, 2014
...following..
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 29, 2014
heediot, muugu. etc grin I remember when i was still new some years back. and i was insulted and cussed for my opinion, i felt bad. but now........ i am only here for fun. angry
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Dygeasy(m): 7:45am On Aug 29, 2014
krall: heediot, muugu. etc grin I remember when i was still new some years back. and i was insulted and cussed for my opinion, i felt bad. but now........ i am only here for fun. angry
lol! I like you more this way grin cool

Cooool!
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MizMyColi(f): 9:01am On Aug 29, 2014

Oh, well, I should edit that part already.
Like I said earlier, I culled the OP from my diary.

To be continued means, I'll deal with Number 2.
Dygeasy: Mizmycoli, until you finish, I don't know what to say.

krall: heediot, muugu. etc grin I remember when i was still new some years back. and i was insulted and cussed for my opinion, i felt bad. but now........ i am only here for fun. angry

cheesy
cheesy
.....and poke fun at others too?
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
Life and Love is my religion.

1 Like

Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MizMyColi(f): 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
Sparky, are you serious? or was that more rhetorical?
softsparkyy: Life and Love is my religion.
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
MizMyColi: Sparky, are you serious? or was that more rhetorical?
I am a christian and not a church goer.
I have been looking for a way to define my religion.
Thank you MizMyColi.
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MizMyColi(f): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
Oh! Niceee grin
Thank you too sparky.
softsparkyy:
Thank you MizMyColi.
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
softsparkyy:
Thank you MizMyColi.
she is no longer a christian. are you?? undecided
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
MizMyColi:

cheesy
cheesy
.....and poke fun at others too?
i no longer do that tongue
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MizMyColi(f): 1:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
I see cool
krall: i no longer do that tongue
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MizMyColi(f): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
No Derailing. undecided
krall: she is no longer a christian. are you?? undecided
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
krall: she is no longer a christian. are you?? undecided
Krall!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
MizMyColi

all dis topics u r sharing, ders God o
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MizMyColi(f): 7:03am On Aug 30, 2014
KnuckleHead: MizMyColi

all dis topics u r sharing, ders God o
What I do now? cool You've been MIA awhile.
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 30, 2014
been very busy jare, miss u kiss
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MizMyColi(f): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2014
grin grin ^^^ What d'ya think @Topic?
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Miner13: 11:15am On Aug 30, 2014
hmnmmm

i remember my 1st topic on this forum

the abusive words were like am i really human

but now, to me everything is a joke in the name of faceless forum cheesy

1 Like

Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
MizMyColi: grin grin ^^^ What d'ya think @Topic?

i didnt read it. I no get time read dis textbook u write undecided cheesy
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MizMyColi(f): 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
KnuckleHead:

i didnt read it. I no get time read dis textbook u write undecided cheesy
LoLzzz...Please do when you have the time. cheesy
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MrRenaissance: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
I don't go around fire expecting not to sweat - Lil' Wayne. No matter what you preach, people will still cuss and abuse others on internet. It's inevitable, though I concur that the bullying and abuses should stop, I don't agree that Politics Section should be exempted (according to your post). People can still argue in Politics section without the abuses. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

My own motto is; insult/abuse me, and watch me shove truckload of abuses down your throat!! Nobody has the monopoly of insult(s), so if you dish it out to me, imma whoop your àss in ten folds with it!!
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by AfricanApple(f): 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
MrRenaissance: I don't go around fire expecting not to sweat - Lil' Wayne. No matter what you preach, people will still cuss and abuse others on internet. It's inevitable, though I concur that the bullying and abuses should stop, I don't agree that Politics Section should be exempted (according to your post). People can still argue in Politics section without the abuses. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

My own motto is; insult/abuse me, and watch me shove truckload of abuses down your throat!! Nobody has the monopoly of insult(s), so if you dish it out to me, imma whoop your àss in ten folds with it!!
u gat matches
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MizMyColi(f): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
Re: Family and Romance Sections: On Hurling Insults and Abuses Freely........ by MizMyColi(f): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
MrRenaissance: I don't go around fire expecting not to sweat - Lil' Wayne. No matter what you preach, people will still cuss and abuse others on internet. It's inevitable, though I concur that the bullying and abuses should stop, I don't agree that Politics Section should be exempted (according to your post). People can still argue in Politics section without the abuses. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

cheesy
Even those in the politics sections wouldn't agree with you @TheEmboldened.

Y'see on NL when it comes to people who are advanced in age, they're particularly concentrated in that section.
I was speaking with one of them and he told me not to be bothered, that its a way for them to unwind. shocked

Now if they (veterans) that have gone before me see it as a way of life, and they obviously enjoy it, seeing as it's a "high" of sorts for them, who am I to object? cheesy

I'm particularly against people being that way in family and romance section.
I should edit the topic to reflect that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Came Home & Your Mother Gave Your Kids Tribal Marks? / Longest Fingernails Ever / Watch Video Of The The First Man To Give Birth Successfully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.