Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,004 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:15 PM

"I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee (2310 Views)

Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing / Wow! Tonto Dike, A.K.A Pokolee Smoking Hot In New Pictures (PHOTOS) / Tonto Dikeh Tatoo's Her Whole Back [picture} ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by lalasticlala(m): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
Never say Never!!!!!!
How time flies!

I stumbled upon an old interview granted by star actress and musician wanna be, Tonto Dikeh- Pokolee, in 2009, when she was just 24 years old.

Recall that after participating in one of the editions of the Next Movie Star, Tonto started being popular after featuring in Mama G's musical video "National Moi Moi".Tonto was very fresh, cute and innocent looking in that video that many people started enquiring about her.

So based on her appearance in that video, she was asked the below question in one of her earliest interviews in 2009:

Plans of releasing an album?

“No! I don’t have a good voice and I can’t sing, but people actually commend that voice in one of Mama Gee album video and they love the voice and the song, which was an actualization for Mama Gee."

But today, Tonto is not just an actress, but now a singer, or a wanna be singer, maybe she has worked on her voice. She now has dual personalities:
*Tonto Dikeh the actress
* Pokolee the singer.

Many of her fans were exhilarated when Dbanj signed Pokolee. Many are of the opinion that Pokolee is gonna be the Rihanna of Nigeria.

In the same interview, Tonto also talked about being a born again Christian:

Turning point in life

“The day I gave my life to God in 2000 everything became new in my life, since then His love has always and will continue to endure in my life because it gives me so much joy seeing Pastors and their wives serving God. Even young men and women serve God so why won’t I."

Being a born again Christian?

"Yes I can boldly stand on the top of the earth and say I’m a born again Christian though I may do things that are wrong sometimes, it doesn’t change the fact that I’m born again because we are all human."

Tonto granted the interview when she was a fast rising actress.

So, Never say Never,

You Never can tell what the future holds for you.

Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by maxism2: 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rihanna & Chris Brown

Pokolee & Wizkid

they have things in common.

who knows?
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by bustyhelen(f): 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
She still can't sing even till date.

maybe she was later forced into singing by someone.

she's not only a born again but born twice
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by irishCream: 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lala...shey u don start again. Gd u said she's a wanna be singer grin

Well for me I'm not a fan of Tonto abi poko wat wat. No comment!
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by lalasticlala(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
irishCream: Lala...shey u don start again. Gd u said she's a wanna be singer grin

Well for me I'm not a fan of Tonto abi poko wat wat. No comment!

hahahahahahaha

many of her fans would come after ur head soon.
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by irishCream: 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
lalasticlala:

hahahahahahaha

many of her fans would come after ur head soon.

dem never born dem wella tongue tongue
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by hugelyendowed: 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
pokolee will soon take over and outwit Tiwa savage
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by kommiejewel(f): 3:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
hugelyendowed: pokolee will soon take over and outwit Tiwa savage
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
Pokolee.....this name shaaa undecided undecided undecided
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
Why does she have such bad taste in choosing names? Because am darn such no right parents in their mind would choose such names for their kids.
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by Profcamsey(m): 9:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Do I know diz gal? when did she bcom a star?
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by hugelyendowed: 10:55am On Aug 29, 2014
Profcamsey: Do I know diz gal? when did she bcom a star?
SHEs pokolee a star musician
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by Profcamsey(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2014
hugelyendowed: SHEs pokolee a star musician
Really? Any track from her?
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by 2romantic: 10:21am On Aug 30, 2014
at least she admitted she can't sing
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by littlemistress: 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hustle na hustle., pay na pay. Not her fan tho undecided
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
She's a noise maker,not a singer.
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by Dygeasy(m): 7:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
Profcamsey: Really? Any track from her?
"HI" ... I just dey greet you grin
Re: "I Don't Have A Good Voice And I Can't Sing"- Tonto Dikeh, Aka Pokolee by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
Proudly say she is born again?
Born again into what?

(1) (Reply)

See Photos Of Murdered Miss Honduras Beauty Queen Being Carried In Body Bag / VIDEO: Kiss Daniel “woju” (remix) Ft. Davido & Tiwa Savage | DOWNLOAD / How John Cena Helped Re-unite Wiz-khalifa And Amber Rose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.