Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? (10218 Views)

Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team / Mikel Recalled To Super Eagles For Liberia Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by ooshinibos: 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
N O

1 Like

Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by idinc(m): 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
In a league wia he plays against 'weak legs' we nid him...he cud form a formidable attack with big yak.,utaka on the left,lawal on the right(since old players dnt rest no more)
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by adrainuche(m): 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
pixtuk: no vacancy at d moment.....instead imoh ezekiel should be recalled,although he plays in qatar he still can offer more dan our no.10 nd even obagoal
Which IMoh Ezekiel someone dat plays in Qatar ...
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by ZUBY77(m): 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yes.. Let's recall Yekini too

1 Like

Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by Jarus(m): 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lucky77: CAPITAL N-O-O-O-O-O-

He was given another chance under Keshi - in one of the brazil 2014 qualifying matches in Calabar (against ? - can't remember) He flopped badly and had to be replaced mid-way into the game. This was after all the media brouhaha: Obafemi scored this for his club, Obafemi scores that for his club, bla bla bla .... Let him just relax with his club and earn his doles till he retires like his age mates. o pari.

Yes, he did not score in that match but he was charging the defenders and actually outdid the striker he came in for.

More so one game is not enough to judge him.

For me, with Obafemi in a match, I have hope of anything happening.

I'm for Obafemi returning.
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by Damsman10(m): 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Neduzze5: Yes of course. Obafemi Martins as a Nigerian player is an excellent playmaker, keeps possession of the ball, knows the rules of the game and how to score the necessary goals at given points in time.

He equally knows how to entertain his audience with the flings and throw backs abi na throw front. With him in the Nigerian Squad, we would virtually sweep off all trophies there is to be won!

My Oga, I salute jare!! wink

but make una nor vex wen he reach national team dey Bleep up oo
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by 9jauk: 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
Most informed Nigeria international arguably. Martin is absolute Thunderous,he obviously deserve a call up for d last World, for some reason Big headed Keshi blanked him,gooooooO Oba gooooal.
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
wellmax:

Thats four years ago, this is 2014.
I only answered the question. Now tell me a super eagles player who single handed led nigeria to a major trophy.
I am not asking for his recall but which of those strikers we took to the world cup is better than Obagoal!
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by 9jauk: 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
Most informed Nigeria international arguably. Martin is absolute Thunderous,he obviously deserve a call up for d last World, for some reason Big headed Keshi blanked him,gooooooO Oba gooooal.

Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by san316(m): 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
Na because he use madness score that goal? Abeg joor. They do well outside and come back home to break our hearts. We no want.
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by gebest: 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
BECAUSE HE SCORED TWO GOALS ABI?

1 Like

Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by komek(m): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
@ OP, for wetin? Shey him don pay una wey be journalists abi?cos he score 2 goals under 1week. So what? Abeg we no need Obafemi Martins for peace sake o
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by sol2galay: 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nigerians self and thier hypochrisy,many of u hear shouting no no he is old wht does he hv to offer? Ar same people campaigned for osaza's return. If i may ask among dis two players who is older or is there anything osaze does which martins cant do times ten. Only in nigeria age play football when other progressive countries are relaying on the mixture of experience of thier older players and vasertality of the younger once to win trophies and we are hear condeming one who has paid a great dues in the services of his dear country.
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
@OP even if that guy score 100 goals in a match ITS NO WAY BACK TO THE SUPER EAGLE

SORRY HIS TIME HAS PAST

NEXT STORY PLS

1 Like

Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by Btruth: 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yes. If Yobo of all the people can make the team, why not Martins?
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
if he is still in form.... why not
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by Phame: 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
hazyfm: BIG NO
WE NEED NEW BREEDS

miroslav klose won the worldcup with german team at d age of 36.
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by Gabson91(m): 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
D mls is nt a real challenge, he shldnt b cald bak
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by goodjack(m): 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
They are here again. This kind of thread was created for Yakubu some years ago. Many Nigerians said yes, he will be the saviour. He was taken to world cup and he really saved the Greek by missing a goal that a 98 year old woman would have scored. Abeg my friend park well. Rather they should invite me to the super Eagles.
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by maclatunji: 12:32am On Aug 29, 2014
He was recalled headig to the World Cup an he said, "No". Let the man be.
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by chiedu7: 5:42am On Aug 29, 2014
Oyimzy: Obafemi Martins won the Major League Soccer’s player of the week award, in which he scored twice plus an assist.

He currently has 10 goals in MLS and 1 in US Open Cup.

Do you think he should be recalled to the Super Eagles?
[size=16pt]
We should be looking forward instead of backwards[/size]

While we are on it, lets call up JayJay Okocha
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 29, 2014
Oyimzy: Obafemi Martins won the Major League Soccer’s player of the week award, in which he scored twice plus an assist.

He currently has 10 goals in MLS and 1 in US Open Cup.

Do you think he should be recalled to the Super Eagles?

He is racking up those figures because he is in a league that has a dearth of talents.

How many times have you heard that a decent player made a move from the States to a top club in Europe? The MLS is a league for the ''gone and forgotten''.

We should be thinking about the future not about some old blokes who are playing for the dollars.

The likes of Awoniyi, Isaac Success, Iheanacho and some other promising talents should be integrated into the national team. We should pay a healthy attention to the academies in the country.

The way forward is to keep moving ahead not to regress for some skanky deluded figures racked up by some 30-something-year-old.

1 Like

Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by melomelo: 9:20am On Aug 29, 2014
Let the present physical-fitness, Skills decide. Over to Steven Keshi
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by Rockstar2014(m): 11:24am On Aug 29, 2014
No his time is over, he is busier with the social medial now than his footballing career.
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by Goke7: 11:42am On Aug 29, 2014
Jarus:

Yes, he did not score in that match but he was charging the defenders and actually outdid the striker he came in for.

More so one game is not enough to judge him.

For me, with Obafemi in a match, I have hope of anything happening.

I'm for Obafemi returning.

obafemi did not only have one chance under keshi, he also played in a friendly match against venezuela and he flopped, we Nigerians have started again, if he comes back and refused to score we will all blame keshi for inviting him.

I think its high time we stopped going back and forth on players selection, most Nigerians blamed keshi for dropping ideye from the world cup after condemning him [keshi] earlier for sticking to the player [Ideye]. we need to move on for our national team to progress, players like martins and even Ike Uche cannot be invited to come and sit on the bench for younger players [they can be a handful for the coaches] and I think presently what the eagles lack is an attacking midfielder who will create chances for the talented strikers we have presently, that was our biggest problem in brazil. The likes of Iheanacho looks promising here.
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
obagol on-top MLS where they bounce and run play penalty from half of the pitch.. is that a soccer league?
Re: Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? by Krasid(m): 12:05am On Sep 03, 2014
No way.New players deserve a chance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Greek Super League Fixtures Suspended After Referee Attack! / Did India Really Score Nigeria 99-1? Read Real Story Here / Week 6 Pool Results For Saturday, August 15 2020 – Pool Agent Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.