Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Di Maria Handed No. 7 Shirt, Can He Bring The Glory Days To United?. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Di Maria Handed No. 7 Shirt, Can He Bring The Glory Days To United?. (725 Views)

The Greatest Right Wingers (no. 7) The World Has Produced / Keane: Fergie Didn't Want Beckham To Wear No.7 Shirt / 85th Minute.....who Is To Blame Ayila (no 7), Referee And Linesman, Or Asisat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Di Maria Handed No. 7 Shirt, Can He Bring The Glory Days To United?. by robosky02(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
Di Maria handed no. 7 shirt, can he bring the glory days to united?.

The new Old Trafford signing will wear the famous No.7 shirt, previously worn by the Real Madrid star, and spoke of his desire to fulfil the expectations of the number
New Manchester United man Angel Di Maria says he is determined to emulate Cristiano Ronaldo at Old Trafford and do justice to the No.7 shirt.

The Argentine winger says he spoke to the Real Madrid superstar, whom he was team-mates with for four years, ahead of his move to Old Trafford and was informed of the history and importance of his new shirt number.

"I was aware of the importance of the No.7 shirt," he told reporters.

"I wanted to wear this shirt and do as much for the club as Ronaldo and all the others have been able to do. The club wanted me to wear the shirt and I hope I can live up to it.

"I came here to work for the team. I will play in whatever position the manager wants me to play in. Any player should want to play wherever for their manager."

Di Maria's move takes Man Utd's spending over the last 12 months to over £200m and he joins Ander Herrera, Marcos Rojo and Luke Shaw as high-profile arrivals under new boss Louis van Gaal.

The World Cup 2014 runner-up will be hoping to help Van Gaal achieve his first competitive win as Man Utd boss should he be picked to play in the Red Devils' clash with newly promoted Burnley this weekend following two losses and a draw in their opening three games of 2014-15.
Re: Di Maria Handed No. 7 Shirt, Can He Bring The Glory Days To United?. by robosky02(m): 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
The famous No.7 shirt in Manchester united have only been worn by four grat players since 1993

Eric Cantona 1993-1997
David Beckham 1997-2003
Cristiano Ronaldo 2003-2009
Micheal Owen 2009-

And lately Valencia

Will Di Maria match any of the success of the greats including is ex Madrid team mate Ronaldo
Re: Di Maria Handed No. 7 Shirt, Can He Bring The Glory Days To United?. by robosky02(m): 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
your view pls
Re: Di Maria Handed No. 7 Shirt, Can He Bring The Glory Days To United?. by seankay(m): 12:14am On Aug 29, 2014
No he can't
Re: Di Maria Handed No. 7 Shirt, Can He Bring The Glory Days To United?. by robosky02(m): 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
seankay: No he can't

hmmmmmmmm
whatz your reason
dont forget we are tailking about Di Maria
Former Madrid engine room ohh
Re: Di Maria Handed No. 7 Shirt, Can He Bring The Glory Days To United?. by aboyaji(m): 11:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
he has it all written all over him. The run, the tackles, the smoth passes, the disappearance, the curves, the side foot, the dribbles- as in tearing tins - the goooooals!!!
Re: Di Maria Handed No. 7 Shirt, Can He Bring The Glory Days To United?. by robosky02(m): 9:36am On Sep 01, 2014
aboyaji: he has it all written all over him. The run, the tackles, the smoth passes, the disappearance, the curves, the side foot, the dribbles- as in tearing tins - the goooooals!!!

wow......

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Athletes Dominate Team Africa To IAAF Continental Cup In Marrakech Sept / Chinwe Okoro Set To Represent Team Africa In Discus & Shot Put @ Continental Cup / NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.