Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

How I Slaughtered Yoruba Leader In Kano -suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Slaughtered Yoruba Leader In Kano -suspect (1415 Views)

Bayo Ajia Notorious Gang Leader In Ilorin Killed By Cultist - Graphic Photos / Akwa Ibom Police Nabbed Man Who Slaughtered Boy Like Goat-for-sale / Armed Robber Mistakenly Shoots Gang Leader In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Slaughtered Yoruba Leader In Kano -suspect by oilyngbati(m): 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2014

How I slaughtered Yoruba leader in Kano -Suspect
Thursday, August 28, 2014

By AbdulSalam Muhammad

KANO - A 26-year-old man, Abubakar Abdulrahman, now cooling his heels at Bompai Police Headquarters in respect of the death of a prominent Yoruba leader in Kano, Chief Ganiyu Akanbi, aged 84, last July, yesterday painted a gory picture of how he gruesomely stabbed the former octogenarian to death.

Speaking while being paraded, the suspectsaid: "I was forced to move against him when it became evident that he would recognise me, since he was my boss.”

The murder of the prominent Kano-based Ibadan businessman shook the Yoruba community in Kano when it occurred on July 5 .

“I was not under influence of alcohol but principally wanted to steal money because I needed money. I had no option than to kill my former boss with a knife because he dismissed me from service some years back,” he said.

Speaking earlier, Commissioner of Police Aderenle Shinaba, said: “You will recall that on June 5 2014, the command received information that Alhaji Ganiyu Akanbi Bello was brutally murdered at his Race Course residence, Nasarawa GRA, Kano.

“Luck ran out on the culprit when he was arrested in his home at Badawa Quarters, Kano State. He was arrested after some clues were found at the scene of the crime.”

In a relateddevelopment, the Commisioner of Police said the command also arrested three suspects, Abubakar Umar, Aliyu Adamu and Mohammed Inuwa, who were impersonating the Police in Kano.

He said: “The suspects ‘arrested’ an unsuspecting person along Ibrahim Taiwo Road and labelled him a terrorist, threatening to take him to ‘their office' if he did not settle them.

“In the process, they collected N1.3 million from him. They played the same trick on another victim and collected N500,000 but the impersonators were subsequently arrested and identified by their victims.

“They made confessional statements and mentioned three others, now at large, as members of their syndicate.”

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2014/aug/28/326.html
Re: How I Slaughtered Yoruba Leader In Kano -suspect by eunisam: 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
thou shall not kill!
Re: How I Slaughtered Yoruba Leader In Kano -suspect by stexsy(m): 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
clap for ursef...
Re: How I Slaughtered Yoruba Leader In Kano -suspect by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Slaughtered Yoruba Leader In Kano -suspect by hushmail: 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
same fate awaits him
Re: How I Slaughtered Yoruba Leader In Kano -suspect by MARKone(m): 10:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Awusa and knives undecided
Re: How I Slaughtered Yoruba Leader In Kano -suspect by ak47mann(m): 10:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
chei yoruba don suffer from their oga at the top8)

(1) (Reply)

RAPE And Killings In Ibeshe - Ikorodu, Lagos / Difference Between Foreign Crime Scene And Nigerian Crime Scene (pictures) / The Alarming Number Of Witches And Wizards In Eneka, Port Harcourt!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.