Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America (1379 Views)

'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims / Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by javalove(m): 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2008
I was moved to tears after reading Collin Powell's comments and his reference to the muslim guy who lost his life in Iraq. Sincerely, i was almost crying,

http://blog.beliefnet.com/stevenwaldman/2008/10/colin-powells-tribute-to-karee.html
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by DavidDylan(m): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2008
Collin Powell has simply expressed the hidden feelings of millions. Hell will freeze over before a muslim is ever allowed to sensitive government positions in the West. You all have Osama Bin Laden to thank.
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by olabowale(m): 12:51am On Oct 26, 2008
omo mi dauda! baba agba: sho wanbe man. nkon nie o. Thats mouth wont stop; its an all out snapping turtle's jaws. lol.
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by Nimshi: 4:47am On Oct 26, 2008
DavidDylan:

Collin Powell has simply expressed the hidden feelings of millions. Hell will freeze over before a muslim is ever allowed to sensitive government positions in the West. You all have Osama Bin Laden to thank.

Thank God, some Americans are more reasonable than they're given credit for:

09 November 2006 - First Muslim Elected to the US. Congress -
http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/2006/November/20061109140830mlenuhret7.070559e-02.html

And that, in 2006.
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by DavidDylan(m): 11:24pm On Oct 26, 2008
olabowale:

omo mi dauda! baba agba: sho wanbe man. nkon nie o. Thats mouth wont stop; its an all out snapping turtle's jaws. lol.

LMAO! Alhaji haba grin
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by DavidDylan(m): 11:26pm On Oct 26, 2008
Nimshi:

Thank God, some Americans are more reasonable than they're given credit for:

09 November 2006 - First Muslim Elected to the US. Congress -
http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/2006/November/20061109140830mlenuhret7.070559e-02.html

And that, in 2006.

Let Keith trying running for President.
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by muhsin(m): 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2008
I read it. Oh, what a pity. May his soul rest in peace, amin.
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by samba123(m): 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2008
DavidDylan:

Let Keith trying running for President.

why not that is only the first step to be recognize in public.
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by ayinba1(f): 12:13am On Oct 28, 2008
DavidDylan:

David,

See I always wonder what you'd do without America. It seems it's the ALL in your eyes! Nnkan ile aye ni, we will not leave this world with it, ok.
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by muhsin(m): 11:39am On Oct 28, 2008
ayinba1:

David,

See I always wonder what you'd do without America. It seems it's the ALL in your eyes! Nnkan ile aye ni, we will not leave this world with it, ok.

LOL grin
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by olabowale(m): 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2008
@Davidylan: « #1 on: October 25, 2008, 10:08 PM »

There are muslims in the British legislature. In the US, there are muslim arabs in the secret service(s). Heck, the person who debriefed late Saddam Hussaine of Iraq, was an arab muslim! Today, the periferies of white house, and of course at least one full "Black American" muslim in the legislature. Tomorrow, who knows?

May be in my lifetime, a muslim will occupy the white house. Who can predict 150 years ago, that the Jews, the Irish, the Plish, and the italians will be this prominent, as they were considered low class, a tad better than slaves!
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by Nimshi: 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2008
DavidDylan:

Hell will freeze over before a muslim is ever allowed to sensitive government positions in the West.

David: what this you mean by " the West"?

Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by olabowale(m): 4:38pm On Oct 28, 2008
US considering talks with Taliban: report

The United States is considering taking part in talks with elements of the Taliban in a sharp change in tactics in Afghanistan, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday citing unnamed officials.

"Senior White House and military officials believe that engaging some levels of the Taliban -- while excluding top leaders -- could help reverse a pronounced downward spiral in Afghanistan and neighboring Pakistan," the paper said on its website.

The report said the new approach was contained in a draft recommendation in a classified White House assessment of US strategy in Afghanistan. Talks would be led by the Afghan government, "but with the active participation of the US," it said.

The final White House recommendation is expected next month after the US presidential elections, the report said.

Earlier this month, Afghan officials met with former members of the Taliban government in talks in Saudi Arabia.

The Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan has grown steadily despite the presence of tens of thousands of international troops helping the Afghan security forces. There is consensus that the violence will not be ended solely through military means.

The Taliban ruled from 1996-2001 using a restrictive and extremist interpretation of Islam before being overthrown by US-led forces.

On October 8, General David Petraeus, incoming head of the US Central Command, said that attempts were being made to open talks with the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Petraeus used a similar approach in Iraq, where a US drive to enlist Sunni tribes in the fight against Al-Qaeda in Iraq helped sharply reduce the country's violence.

Who knows where all of these efforts will lead? Are we going to witness a "new era" of possible cooperations between obviously two different people? If Allah wills it, the topography may change, once again. Allah says in His Book, " They plan, and Allah also plans. Allah's plan will always succeed!" David may just be wrong, yet again.
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by Nimshi: 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2008
It has long been recognised that the US must talk with the Taliban. Heck the US armed similar groups in Afghanistan against the Soviets. The strategy has had good success in Iraq.

But, er, how's this relevant to this thread??

Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by olabowale(m): 3:35am On Oct 29, 2008
Nimshi, you shoulk yourself these questions:

How has any of your responses been revelant to any of the topics?
How is your not declaring your "faith" been relevant to the community of muslims on Nairaland?
How have you been relevant to any of us "intended effort to educate and support one another ?"
Since you have almost single handedly given us a reason not to imitate your brand of belief, how relevant are you to us?

Nimshi, don't amuse me: Osharo Monday.
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by Cayon(f): 4:20am On Oct 29, 2008
why all of a sudden?. . . . . . trying to sway votes? . . . . hmmm. another Republican tactics[/b]vVery typical Republican Tactics. They can't win on issues so they came up with this good news. LMAO hahahahahaaa grin grin

olabowale:

[b]US considering talks with Taliban: report

The United States is considering taking part in talks with elements of the Taliban in a sharp change in tactics in Afghanistan, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday citing unnamed officials.

"Senior White House and military officials believe that engaging some levels of the Taliban -- while excluding top leaders -- could help reverse a pronounced downward spiral in Afghanistan and neighboring Pakistan," the paper said on its website.

The report said the new approach was contained in a draft recommendation in a classified White House assessment of US strategy in Afghanistan. Talks would be led by the Afghan government, "but with the active participation of the US," it said.

The final White House recommendation is expected next month after the US presidential elections, the report said.

Earlier this month, Afghan officials met with former members of the Taliban government in talks in Saudi Arabia.

The Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan has grown steadily despite the presence of tens of thousands of international troops helping the Afghan security forces. There is consensus that the violence will not be ended solely through military means.

The Taliban ruled from 1996-2001 using a restrictive and extremist interpretation of Islam before being overthrown by US-led forces.

On October 8, General David Petraeus, incoming head of the US Central Command, said that attempts were being made to open talks with the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Petraeus used a similar approach in Iraq, where a US drive to enlist Sunni tribes in the fight against Al-Qaeda in Iraq helped sharply reduce the country's violence.

Who knows where all of these efforts will lead? Are we going to witness a "new era" of possible cooperations between obviously two different people? If Allah wills it, the topography may change, once again. Allah says in His Book, " They plan, and Allah also plans. Allah's plan will always succeed!" David may just be wrong, yet again.
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by Nimshi: 5:37am On Oct 29, 2008
olabowale:

How is your not declaring your "faith" been relevant to the community of muslims on Nairaland?

The more you guys should stop talking about it!

How have you been relevant to any of us "intended effort to educate and support one another ?"

To the extent that some (a few, eh) have said "thanks" for posts made by this humble servant, one could reasonably conclude that some good it being done, no matter how little you perceive it to be.

Since you have almost single handedly given us a reason not to imitate your brand of belief, how relevant are you to us?

Precisely this: people should be their own persons; they shouldn't try to be others. And, if you wanted to see anyone's relevant, you could check how exercised others (posters olabowale and babs787, say) have exercised themselves in discrediting them cheesy

Learn from you own words.
Discuss on thread that have some value.
There're a few of them in the Islamic section of this board.
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by olabowale(m): 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2008
@Nimshi: « #16 on: Today at 05:37:45 AM »

Quote from: olabowale on Today at 03:35:53 AM

The more you guys should stop talking about it!

So you are irreligious or even worse, an Islamic hypocrites, since you doubt an ahadith where Muhammad (as) is described by his wife, Aisha (ra) to not have touched the hand of a non-mahram woman to him. That alone is hypocracy.

To the extent that some (a few, eh) have said "thanks" for posts made by this humble servant, one could reasonably conclude that some good it being done, no matter how little you perceive it to be.

Servant, yes. But humble servant does not say what Allah says is incorrect, since you doubted the veracity of our mother Aisha (RA) about her description of her mother, the Messenger of Allah whom our Lord says that "(1) he was not speaking of his own but except that he was Inspired. (2) whatever the messenger gives, take, and, what he forbids, avoid. (3) And you have an excellent example in this messenger". Each you actually based on your doubt have denied. So how could you have been a humble servant when you doubt your Master in the open?

Think man.
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by olabowale(m): 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2008
And what Powell said that was interesting is that so what if anyone is a Muslim? And added, when is it that Islam is unamerican?
Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by Nimshi: 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2008
So you are irreligious or even worse, an Islamic hypocrites, since you doubt an ahadith where Muhammad (as) is described by his wife, Aisha (ra) to not have touched the hand of a non-mahram woman to him. That alone is hypocracy.

On a simple matter, you could learn sth from one poster on this board: mukina. I have not claimed to be irreligious; you don't need to be Einstein to see that. So, why do you make a conclusion that's quite foolish and outside of the facts (I use the word "foolish" quite deliberately and without insult; it is quite foolish to allude to my words a meaning that simply isn't there). You keep talking about the Prophet and touching the hand of a woman. My claim remains as it is, and it does not (necessarily) invalidate the hadith if it is authentic; but you're too bone-headed to see the point. I could put you out of your misery, but your militant arrogance is off-putting. But, you diminish yourself by your choice of words.

Servant, yes. But humble servant does not say what Allah says is incorrect, since you doubted the veracity of our mother Aisha (RA) about her description of her mother, the Messenger of Allah whom our Lord says that "(1) he was not speaking of his own but except that he was Inspired. (2) whatever the messenger gives, take, and, what he forbids, avoid. (3) And you have an excellent example in this messenger". Each you actually based on your doubt have denied.

You're confusing humility with sth else. And since you've come round to levelling sth close to a clear allegation, then why don't you lay it bare? Provide the references for your quotes, and let's examine the validity of your claim. Are you up to that?

So how could you have been a humble servant when you doubt your Master in the open?

Will it make a difference to doubt the Master in private?

And yes, it is possible, and not inherently contradictory to be humble and to doubt one's Master; there's a difference between deference, reverence, and brain-deadness. I've written this before: I'm not of the class of people who'll agree that 2 + 2 = 10. Here's a proposition: let's say God, Almighty Allah himself says  2 + 2 = 10; if and when I have the opportunity, I'll humbly ask him how come? I'll ask if there's a heavenly field of integers where this is possible. In the meantime, I will not teach others than 2 + 2 = 10; why? Because: I don't get it. I simply can't be repeating what I don't understand to be right. Perhaps this is different from your way of dealing with God; that's your choice; but don't begrudge mine. And I know Almighty Allah understands that my position is true to my understanding; how could He punish me for not doing sth I don't accept as right? If you don't get this, then I can't help you, and much of what may follow may be meaningless to you. Almighty Allah is intelligent, and He understands human intelligence and thought; and He expects His servants to act to the best of their intelligence with and within faith; He would be disappointed – I believe – were I to act beneath the level of the gift he has bestowed on me. Why should you hound me for that position?? Must a Muslim accept everything you accept and/or every Hadith that is presented; there are Hadiths that I'll never accept; what's your problem with that??

Think man.

What you've advocated above is the anti-thesis of thinking.

Re: Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America by babs787(m): 8:10pm On Oct 29, 2008
@Nimshi\

Learn from you own words.
Discuss on thread that have some value.
There're a few of them in the Islamic section of this board.

When you couldnt even provide facts in thread(s) you are being challenged but making senseless denials.

Since you claimed that if Allah say 1 + 1 = 2, you may humble ask him to explain it to you but didnt showed any humbleness in your post when you called His word lie and I have been asking you what is your understanding of articles of faith that says, you must believe in Him, His books, Messengers etc but you ignorantly/ arrogantly called His words lie. Why do you like shooting yourself in the legs this guy?

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Celebrate New Year 1433 After Hijra / Qur'an: The Iron(57) / I Need To Know Something

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.