Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs (6220 Views)

Nafdac Arrest Man With Fake Drugs Worth N40million In Asaba / Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. / NAFDAC Intercepts And Seizes 4*40ft & 1*20ft Containers Of Fake Drugs At Apapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Tessy10: 11:07am On Aug 29, 2014
Doctors/medics/pharmacists/paramedics and nairalanders with useful advice should please answer these questions:
1)How can one neutralize the effects of expired/fake drugs taken into the body?
2)does taking drugs exposed to air for some time possibly minutes/hours/days have any negative effect(s) in the body?
3)How can one safely neutralize the effects of poisonous substances like soap,bleach,pesticides in the body?
NB: This is my first topic on nairaland so pardon any form of incompetence from me.
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Ryota(f): 11:59am On Aug 29, 2014
If u eat soap or drink pesticide,pls drink palm oil it neutralises the effect of the poison.hi tessy great topic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
Tessy10:
Doctors/medics/pharmacists/paramedics and nairalanders with useful advice should please answer these questions:
1)How can one neutralize the effects of expired/fake drugs taken into the body?
2)does taking drugs exposed to air for some time possibly minutes/hours/days have any negative effect(s) in the body?
3)How can one safely neutralize the effects of poisonous substances like soap,bleach,pesticides in the body?
NB: This is my first topic on nairaland so pardon any form of incompetence from me.
Well, it depends on severity. I mean, d the quantity consumed, and the time frame of consumption. If the substance was ingested and immediately realised, then physical emetic induction(inducing emesis/vomitting with the index finger) shld be done immediately, so as to throw up/out the toxic substance b4 it gets into d bloodstream. Also, a cup of palm oil shld be taken afterwards, the the person shld report to the nearest hospital for medical treatment! smiley
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Tessy10: 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2014
Marc9: Well, it depends on severity. I mean, d the quantity consumed, and the time frame of consumption. If the substance was ingested and immediately realised, then physical emetic induction(inducing emesis/vomitting with the index finger) shld be done immediately, so as to throw up/out the toxic substance b4 it gets into d bloodstream. Also, a cup of palm oil shld be taken afterwards, the the person shld report to the nearest hospital for medical treatment! smiley
thanks 4 d useful advice...btw which are u ? A doc/medic/pharmacist/nurse?
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
Tessy10: thanks 4 d useful advice...btw which are u ? A doc/medic/pharmacist/nurse?
Anyone u want me to be, I'l be wink.

Can I get ur contact? So I can tell u "personally" like Psquare smiley
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Tessy10: 9:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
Marc9: Anyone u want me to be, I'l be wink.

Can I get ur contact? So I can tell u "personally" like Psquare smiley
we r derailing already
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
Tessy10: we r derailing already
We aren't "Thomas the train" o! smiley
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by jennyesh(f): 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
Milk hlps in neutralizing d effect of expired drugs so does coconut water..... It is nt advisable to expose drugs to air cos of air pollutants
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
jennyesh: Milk hlps in neutralizing d effect of expired drugs so does coconut water..... It is nt advisable to expose drugs to air cos of air pollutants
grin my one n only microbiologist grin
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by jennyesh(f): 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
sodiqyinka: grin my one n only microbiologist grin
hahahahahah is ds d sleep we talkd abt? 2mrw is monday o
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2014
jennyesh: hahahahahah is ds d sleep we talkd abt? 2mrw is monday o
sorry, na d alert wey i dey use track u for NL wake me... I dey slip talk now sef
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by smartg(m): 9:28am On Sep 15, 2014
Use palm kernel oil to neutralize any poison, but earlier the better.
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Tessy10: 9:42am On Sep 15, 2014
jennyesh: Milk hlps in neutralizing d effect of expired drugs so does coconut water..... It is nt advisable to expose drugs to air cos of air pollutants
ya,i know of coconut water...buh i tink its for overdose ...does it still help in neutralizing expired drugs?
Enlighten us on d type of milk u talking bout...thanks
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Tessy10: 9:45am On Sep 15, 2014
smartg: Use palm kernel oil to neutralize any poison, but earlier the better.
lots of people keep saying dis...hv u tried it or seen any1 it worked for? Thanks tho
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Tessy10: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2014
Someone once said charcoal can also be used in neutralizing poison
hw true is this please?
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 15, 2014
Like I said earlier, it depends on severity! If u took much of expired P.O.M drugs, no matter the amount of palm oil or coconut water or honey u took, it wldnt be much effective, though could reduce d effects.
So severity and time of first line treatment(aka first aid) matter a lot. Rushing down to the nearest hospital is advised, where anti-toxic medication wld be administered thru I/V infusion. smiley
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Tessy10: 9:56am On Sep 15, 2014
About d exposed drugs,wah i meant was those drugs some pharmacists usually cut-open mistakenly n stil sell them 2 people,dn't kn if they hv negative effect(s)
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Tessy10: 9:59am On Sep 15, 2014
Marc9: Like I said earlier, it depends on severity! If u took much of expired P.O.M drugs, no matter the amount of palm oil or coconut water or honey u took, it wldnt be much effective, though could reduce d effects.
So severity and time of first line treatment(aka first aid) matter a lot. Rushing down to the nearest hospital is advised, where anti-toxic medication wld be administered thru I/V infusion. smiley
in otherwords palm oil aint a cure?
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 15, 2014
Tessy10: Someone once said charcoal can also be used in neutralizing poison
hw true is this please?
Charcoal is nt a toxin neutraliser! It's just an 'absorbent' dat absorbs liquid toxin within d stomach, but doesn't do much since some toxin must likely have gone into d bloodstream! smiley
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Tessy10: 10:12am On Sep 15, 2014
Marc9: Charcoal is nt a toxin neutraliser! It's just an 'absorbent' dat absorbs liquid toxin within d stomach, but doesn't do much since some toxin must likely have gone into d bloodstream! smiley
thanks
one more questn,i once ate an expired gala was scared buh thnk God nthn happened 2 me,nw my questn z does it hv any effect in d body evn tho it didnt manifest out
Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 15, 2014
Tessy10: About d exposed drugs,wah i meant was those drugs some pharmacists usually cut-open mistakenly n stil sell them 2 people,dn't kn if they hv negative effect(s)
Let me clarify something. Pharmacists are trained to handle drugs with all necessary precautions, and care. Drugs that are not meant to be exposed wouldn't be exposed to air by pharmacists. U may actually be confusing 'patent drug sellers(aka chemist) for pharmacists, but they are not. They are d ones responsible for drug abuse, misuse, unauthorized dispensation(without Rx notes) and so on. So I'l advise everyone goin to get their Rx to please go to registered pharmacies(ask for license proof), and nt a chemist or patent drug stores, cos these fellas are only licensed to dispense OTC, nt P.O.M! A word is enuf for d wise and educated! smiley

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips On Neutralizing The Effects Of Expired/fake Drugs by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 15, 2014
Tessy10: thanks
one more questn,i once ate an expired gala was scared buh thnk God nthn happened 2 me,nw my questn z does it hv any effect in d body evn tho it didnt manifest out
Well, the expired gala cld eida lead to food poison cos of d growth of diphtheria or clostridium spp, and dat cld lead to diarrhoea, excessive flatulence, emesis, skin rashes, and so on. Please next time, dnt patronize 'usain bolt gala hawkers in traffic', and also ensure u read the food label b4 ingesting! smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NMA Strike And Crises In The Health Sector / How To Use Creatine Blast To Gain Weight / 16 Die, 172 Hospitalized As Cholera Hits Maiduguri Idps Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.