Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler (2381 Views)

"Why I Am Now A Muslim" – Imo Traditional Ruler / Imo Traditional Ruler Converted To Islam / Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam (2) (3) (4)

Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler by zik4ever: 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
Chief Sylvester O. Dimunah, the vice chairman of the Council of Village Heads in Imo State, has been converted to Islam.

The traditional ruler, whose name is Musa Dimunah now, said that the truthful nature of the religion, is the reason why he made the switch. He revealed that the good character of Malam Ibrahim Biobonlomije, the former secretary of the council and the executive secretary of Justice Mamman Nasir Islamic Centre for Peace and Research influenced his decision to embrace Islam.

“I did not accept Islam, I only revert to the religion that our forefathers practice and the universal religion of humanity. I’m impressed by the good nature of Muslims’ love for everybody and hatred for none apart from the way they revere Allah and all the Prophets without discrimination,” he said.

“I am also impressed by the brotherhood and mutual respect for each other and other members of the community.”

He however insisted there was no pressure to change his name, after he became a Muslim
http://dailypost.ng/2013/01/13/imo-traditional-ruler-converts-to-islam/
Re: Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler by manny4life(m): 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
How much was he paid?

Ndi Imo, please open your eyes o, I don't have a problem with an Imo citizen being a Muslim but a leader being a Muslim, particularly when chaotic issues like fulani grazers and BH plague Nigeria, I am of the opinion we need to keep this canker worm far away from us.... Call me hateful, that's your problem.

Re: Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler by OgologoDimkpa: 3:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
I'm not surprise this conversion is coming from Imo state?
Afterall their Governor Alhaji Rochas okorocha welcomed them enmasse from different parts of the North..

My own is the day they'll try infesting Anambra with that evil religion is the day Ogbunigwe
will land in their shrine mosque.

Ndiigbo, mepeenu anya unu!.

Never allow your region to be infested with this evil religion no matter how good they sound.
A religion whose founder and foundation is based on violence is a No to us.

I will not be surprise if in no distance time their South West counterpart will start carrying guns for jihad.
Currently they are radicalizing their youths: their male growing beards and female wearing hijab.

This HIJAB will suddenly turn to JIHAD in to distance time.
Afterall we have female suicide bombers embarassed

Re: Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler by Collynzo16: 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
The article is more than a year old, why is it being regurgitated now?

Re: Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler by alaoeri: 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
OgologoDimkpa: I'm not surprise this conversion is coming from Imo state?
Afterall their Governor Alhaji Rotimi Amaechi welcomed them enmasse from different parts of the North..

My own is the day they'll try infesting Anambra with that evil religion is the day Ogbunigwe
will land in their shrine mosque.

Ndiigbo, mepeenu anya unu!.

Never allow your region to be infested with this evil religion no matter how good they sound.
A religion whose founder and foundation is based on violence is a No to us.

I will not be surprise if in no distance time their South West counterpart will start carrying guns for jihad.
Currently they are radicalizing their youths: their male growing beards and female wearing hijab.

This HIJAB will suddenly turn to JIHAD in to distance time.
Afterall we have female suicide bombers embarassed

Is Amaechi Imo state governor? besides why are u igbos always worried & bittered if any of una convert to Islam?

Re: Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler by manny4life(m): 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
alaoeri:
Is Amaechi Imo state governor? besides why are u igbos always worried & bittered if any of una convert to Islam?

Why won't we be concerned? Do you need someone to tell you the Islamic Agenda? From Africa to Middle East, there's religious cleansing... Abeg, I don't buy into the "Islam is a religion of peace". There's cause for alarm; you don't need someone to tell you it's only a matter of time before Imo and other states become a contentious battleground. There's more than enough havoc done to other Northern parts of Nigeria, such craziness isn't welcomed in the South, at least not the South East.

Re: Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler by OgologoDimkpa: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
alaoeri:
Thanks for correcting me. I mean Alhaji Rochas okorocha.

We are worried about this evil religion because it is very violent.
Bomb, Bomb, Bomb. Kill, kill, Kill is what it stands for sad

Bokoharams, Al qaeda, ISIS, Alshabab etc are products of the religion.
We wouldn't want our region to be infested with this evil

Re: Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
Why should a reasonable human being convert to islam.

We dont want islamic blood running in our veins, we can endure the pains being inflicted upon us by the failed Nigeria govt but collectively resist any attempt by islam or whatsover religion to torment us futher´

We are too distinct to be Islamized, when it wasnt possible in 67 and 70 it will never be possible now.

Cartoon Riot reprisaal attack was a clear warning to muslims and potential muslims that Igboland will a hard nut to crack.

alaoeri:

Re: Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
Mods do the needul fp things.

Re: Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler by Empiree: 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
manny4life: How much was he paid?

Ndi Imo, please open your eyes o, I don't have a problem with an Imo citizen being a Muslim but a leader being a Muslim, particularly when chaotic issues like fulani grazers and BH plague Nigeria, I am of the opinion we need to keep this canker worm far away from us.... Call me hateful, that's your problem.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Re: Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler by manny4life(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2014

'Be Like the People Of Aboo Bakr And Umar' / Imam Sadiq Calls All Muslims To Rise And Fight / Qur'an & Science: 15 Contradictions